• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush "advises" Americans to "conserve gasoline."

taxpayer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In Bushs "week later" speech to the nation, Bush offers no hope for gasoline and home fuel prices being lowered. Bush just seemed to tell the people to conserve fuel.
Well first off it was nice of you Mr Bush to take time off from your vacation (even though you waited 3 days to leave) to go back where you belong, the White House and address the nation. You went to "Florida" pretty fast. (Enter Bro George.)
But thats all you are doing Bush, just addressing the nation, not offering any help.
And your allowing other countrys ships to make fuel deliveries to our country?
I didn't hear of any of OUR ships being out of service. Are you going to send in some of HALIBURTONS other country registered ships?
Just what we need now, other countrys ships LOADED with something that the terrorists will lick their chops at comming into our ports!

"PATIENCE and RESOLVE"
Thanks Bushie! Can we drive to work and heat our homes with that?

Then he offers the SAME amount of money he gave to the tsunami effort to AMERICANS.:roll:
Way to go George!
I just hope he doesn't say "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" too early again like he said about Iraqs invasion.

And DO NOT give me the old "not enough refineries built in Clintons adminestration" Bull! Bush has been at the helm for 5 years now and its on his watch now and Bush has done the same as Clinton- "0"!

And YES, I bashed Clinton for his BJ in the white house too! That was a real security threat to us.:roll:

taxpayer said:
In Bushs "week later" speech to the nation, Bush offers no hope for gasoline and home fuel prices being lowered. Bush just seemed to tell the people to conserve fuel.
Well first off it was nice of you Mr Bush to take time off from your vacation (even though you waited 3 days to leave) to go back where you belong, the White House and address the nation. You went to "Florida" pretty fast. (Enter Bro George.)
But thats all you are doing Bush, just addressing the nation, not offering any help.
I didn't hear of any of OUR ships being out of service. Are you going to send in some of HALIBURTONS other country registered ships?
Just what we need now, other countrys ships LOADED with something that the terrorists will lick their chops at comming into our ports!

"PATIENCE and RESOLVE"

Then he offers the SAME amount of money he gave to the tsunami effort to AMERICANS.:roll:
Way to go George!
I just hope he doesn't say "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" too early again like he said about Iraqs invasion.

And DO NOT give me the old "not enough refineries built in Clintons adminestration" Bull! Bush has been at the helm for 5 years now and its on his watch now and Bush has done the same as Clinton- "0"!

And YES, I bashed Clinton for his BJ in the white house too! That was a real security threat to us.:roll:

Sadly, not a lot of substance.......Just a typical Bush hater with the usual liberal stale rhetoric and spin...........Your attitude is exactly why liberals are losing elections and will continue to do so until you offer solutions instead of rhetoric and spin..........

taxpayer said:

"PATIENCE and RESOLVE"

Way to go George!

Other than that, can the Republicans count on your vote for '08?

"Then he offers the SAME amount of money he gave to the tsunami effort to AMERICANS. Way to go George!"

^
I love how people have such a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" mentality. If Bush doesn't respon quickly enough to an issue than he doesn't care. If he responds too quickly, then he's politicizing. No one knew the extent of the damage the Tsunami had caused at the time the administration made the offer.

Navy Pride said:
Sadly, not a lot of substance.......Just a typical Bush hater with the usual liberal stale rhetoric and spin...........Your attitude is exactly why liberals are losing elections and will continue to do so until you offer solutions instead of rhetoric and spin..........

You offer NO answers to my TRUTH about Bush.

Just your typical "name calling" when you have no answers.

Your attitude is not like the 10%-20% of the other Cons that are now against Bush! Your in the Con minority now!
Try checking out Bushs polls lately? NO? I thought not!:spin:

SixStringHero said:
"Then he offers the SAME amount of money he gave to the tsunami effort to AMERICANS. Way to go George!"

^
I love how people have such a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" mentality. If Bush doesn't respon quickly enough to an issue than he doesn't care. If he responds too quickly, then he's politicizing. No one knew the extent of the damage the Tsunami had caused at the time the administration made the offer.

To the Bush haters like the guy that started this thread there is nothing President Bush can do short of suicide that would satify them .......

MiamiFlorida said:
Other than that, can the Republicans count on your vote for '08?

Depends who is going to run for the Repubs.
McCain? YES! Another Bush? NO!

Daddy Bush? Yup! I voted for him.

BTW: I have NEVER pulled a straight lever. I have a mind and use it.

BTW: I will vote for the first canidate that says they will "close our borders"!

Partys don't mean much to me! To me, they are all crooks stealing my tax money! Bush just happens to be the crook in office now so its time to bash him.

taxpayer said:
Depends who is going to run for the Repubs.
McCain? YES! Another Bush? NO!

Daddy Bush? Yup! I voted for him.

BTW: I have NEVER pulled a straight lever. I have a mind and use it.

BTW: I will vote for the first canidate that says they will "close our borders"!

Partys don't mean much to me! To me, they are all crooks stealing my tax money! Bush just happens to be the crook in office now so its time to bash him.

OK I bite on that rhetoric..........What is your plan to close the borders?

SixStringHero said:

^
NO! Bush DID NOT respond quickly enough to the people hit by Katrina.
Seems his vacation time is worth more to him than Americans needing help!

Navy Pride said:
To the Bush haters like the guy that started this thread there is nothing President Bush can do short of suicide that would satify them .......

Another uneducated response!
Maybe its time for you to get that GED that you were always thinking about getting!
Seems Bush is more important to you than our troops getting killed in Iraq because bush lied, or should I say he was MISSINFORMED?"

Your just another who has NO DEFENSE for Bush so you just bash the poster!

Navy Pride said:
OK I bite on that rhetoric..........What is your plan to close the borders?

LOL! Sorry, i'm not running for Pres. I'm just going to take a look at the canidates that say they will close our borders and see what plans they have.

But for starters, send the thousands of troops we have in Iraq and send them to protect OUR borders. Then stop sending OTHER countrys BILLIONS of $$$ and maybe do what China did, put up a wall? Besides, that will give millions of Americans work.
Most Americans said that protecting our borders was of most importance to them.

taxpayer said:

So let me get this straight...

They're all crooks...so you purposefully vote for crooks...

and then, whether or not its the "crook" you voted for, you then "bash" them...

Ooookkkkkkaaaaaayyyyy.............:shock:

....and back to the regular scheduled programming.....

I'm curious as winter and the cold months are quickly approaching, what should be the steps the current administration and congress take to make sure people can afford to heat their houses this winter?

taxpayer said:
Another uneducated response!
Maybe its time for you to get that GED that you were always thinking about getting!
Seems Bush is more important to you than our troops getting killed in Iraq because bush lied, or should I say he was MISSINFORMED?"

Your just another who has NO DEFENSE for Bush so you just bash the poster!

I would have to agree, Bush lied and I think that he should resign. He has been a complete failure as a President. I do however take offense to the GED crack, people with a GED still know when we've been lied too.

cnredd said:
So let me get this straight...

They're all crooks...so you purposefully vote for crooks...

and then, whether or not its the "crook" you voted for, you then "bash" them...

Ooookkkkkkaaaaaayyyyy.............:shock:

NA! I try to figure out who will be the smallest crook, then vote.

At some point you should realise that the politicans are supposed to be working FOR US not AGAINST US.
BTW: You don't think that any of them are crooks?

dustinthewind said:
I would have to agree, Bush lied and I think that he should resign. He has been a complete failure as a President. I do however take offense to the GED crack, people with a GED still know when we've been lied too.

Well first off I was not addressing you and nothing personal is ment by it to anyone. Getting a GED is the first step in gainning what one has lost from dropping out of school. I respect anyone who is trying to further themselves.

shuamort said:
....and back to the regular scheduled programming.....

I'm curious as winter and the cold months are quickly approaching, what should be the steps the current administration and congress take to make sure people can afford to heat their houses this winter?

I just locked in at $2.52 per gallon for my heating oil. At 300 gallons per month it will now cost me $756 a month this winter to heat my home. In the real cold months it will cost me more. Thats around $200.00 per week. I just had everything new installed in my house. Boiler, oil burner, tank and hot water tank. Maybe it will be a little more efficent now but my other set up was only about 10 years old so maybe just a little more efficent.

I'm guessing that the average working American probably takes home about $300? a week. How are they going to afford the high gas and heating prices?

NO ONE, Bush, Dems or Repubs seem to be addressing this major problem. I don't know what steps they could take but looking into price gouging would be one of my first steps, then helping getting the refineries up and running would be my next step because even with Bush releasing some of our emergency oil it won't do any good unless we get all the refineries up and running again.

Soon for many it will be a choice between putting gas in their vehicles, putting in home fuel OR eating.
A fireman just told me that people will now resort to other heating methods like space heaters and that may lead to many deaths from carbon monxide poisoning.

Last edited:
taxpayer said:
I just locked in at $2.52 per gallon for my heating oil. At 300 gallons per month it will now cost me $756 a month this winter to heat my home. In the real cold months it will cost me more. Thats around $200.00 per week. I just had everything new installed in my house. Boiler, oil burner, tank and hot water tank. Maybe it will be a little more efficent now but my other set up was only about 10 years old so maybe just a little more efficent.

Say what? Your winter's only a month long?

Navy Pride said:
We should be so lucky. I would be happy to supply the rope and a barrel for him to stand on.

taxpayer said:
LOL! Sorry, i'm not running for Pres. I'm just going to take a look at the canidates that say they will close our borders and see what plans they have.

But for starters, send the thousands of troops we have in Iraq and send them to protect OUR borders. Then stop sending OTHER countrys BILLIONS of $$$ and maybe do what China did, put up a wall? Besides, that will give millions of Americans work.
Most Americans said that protecting our borders was of most importance to them.

Protecting our borders is a hell of a lot different then closing them.......Do you even have a clue how long the 2 borders are between the U.S, and Canada and Mexico? Never mind I know you don't......:roll:

Old and wise said:
We should be so lucky. I would be happy to supply the rope and a barrel for him to stand on.

That is so sad that someone could be consumed by so much hate for one man.......

Old and wise said:

And your supposed to represent the open minded liberal? I'm not a conservative either, but I'm grateful that I don't subscribe to your demagogue ideology and vitriol. By the way, do you like Cheney better? Because if you don't, he would end up taking his place god forbid that the president would ever do such a thing.

AS far as the conservation issue, the main problem does rely on the very fact that not a single refinery has been built in about 30 plus years. Neither party has done anything in an effort to encourage this from what I can tell.

Navy Pride said:
That is so sad that someone could be consumed by so much hate for one man.......

Maybe I'm feeling grouchy today, but I think it's sad that someone could be consumed by so much love for one man....and fail to acknowledge what a disaster the Bush presidency has been for our nation.

Yet 44 percent of the country will like him no matter what. It was no different than when Clinton was in office

SixStringHero said:
Yet 44 percent of the country will like him no matter what. It was no different than when Clinton was in office
Agreed! :comp:

Back
Top Bottom