• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Accused of Plotting to Bomb al-Jazeera

Billo_Really said:
It wouldn't hurt to do a little research into them. They are the FOX news of Iraq.

I prefer FOX over Al-Jazeera. Fox might be "patriotically" biased and CNN might be "bashingly" biased, but neither outright lie.

JustMyPOV said:
With the exception of number 2, which even I wouldn't accuse him of, I think you've pretty much summed up the values of the Bush Administration. :rofl:

1)This administration has been reported to be one of the most secretive of any administration in American history. He almost never holds a news conference, in fact, I recall seeing him take questions from the media only once in 5 years! Talk about Restrictions on the free flow of information!

3)I've only ever heard him take responsibility for one mistake, and that was in the sorrowful aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. He seemed reluctant to even do that.

4)I don't think there's anything wrong with promoting close families, and even the president seems to think that it's beneficial.

5)While I personally find Christianity slightly more charming than Islam because of my western upbringing, both are fairly restrictive. You find your restrictions tolerable because of your upbringing, just the same as they find theirs tolerable because of their upbringing. It's a cultural difference that we have to accept.

6)I won't go there. You'd probably just accuse me of "misunderestimating" his intelligence.

7)Michael Brown (Former FEMA director-Disaster Management Experience=0)

Hardly a definition on our civilization. If it was...our civilization would be just as failed as the Middle East and looking to blame anyone but ourselves. The Mullahs and the Arab elite are all too happy to provide them their target for blame. Comparing the restrictions of Christianity to the restrictions practiced by an entire Islamic region is a copout. Last I checked, Christianity wasn't about teaching their children to hate non Christians and that murdering women and children in the name of God was worthy of a glorious afterlife. "Accepting" their culture is a mistake. 9/11 showed us that we can no longer wait for the Middle East to join us in the 21st Century and that we can no longer "Accept" their culture.

Seems to me that you are looking for ways to pretend that everything is OK. Got news for you...they don't care. They are determined to be at war with us rather you want to protect yourself or not.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
What a joke!

So what if it is true? You people are pathetic. If left to defend yourselves, you people would be either dead or begging for mercy. I would put a paycheck on it being true. Al-Jazeer broadcasting stations were shut down inside Iraq. Shutting down the propaganda machine of your enemy is a part of conflict.

Recognizing the enemy is the first necessity to warfare. It is painfully obvious that many do not possess this ability.

The problems of the Middle East and the plans to address them have existed long before Bush entered the White House. How sad for some that they insist on parading around their naive ignorance.

Ah... so that's why Ann Coulter wanted Timothy McVeigh to bomb the New York Times building. It all makes sense to me know.

hipsterdufus said:
Ah... so that's why Ann Coulter wanted Timothy McVeigh to bomb the New York Times building. It all makes sense to me know.

Ann Coultier? Timothy Mcveigh? That's all you had the strength for? Comparing a commentator's comments and an nazi wannabe's idiot 10 year old terrorist act to warfare tactics practiced in every war throughout history?

How disapointing.

hipsterdufus said:

Hipster, I'm sure you're able to understand which comments the pundits actually mean and which comments are sarcastic wit.

GySgt true true my good friend, u have hit it on the nail,what do they guys want, let them go to Iraq and see whats it all about the same as u have done.

all the best to u again

my kind regards

mikeey

Back
Top Bottom