• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buried alive for 20 minutes to heal stress

Phantom

John Schnatter 2012
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

RussiaToday said:
One group in Russia has come up with an unusual method to fight stress and beat depression by burying people alive -- only temporarily, though. The organizers of this extreme treatment claim twenty minutes in a fresh grave might change your mind on many things in life.

Hope you're not claustrophobic. :doh

Sign me up for the full 40 minutes. I'm always looking for new perspective on life.

Although the price seems a bit high. I could always get trapped in an avalanche for free.

There might actually be some basis to this. Once you overcome the initial panic, the feel of being pressed from all sides can be very comforting. It mimics the feeling of the womb and temporary sensory deprivation can be very comforting when we are constantly bombarded by sensory input in the modern world.

There might actually be some basis to this. Once you overcome the initial panic, the feel of being pressed from all sides can be very comforting. It mimics the feeling of the womb and temporary sensory deprivation can be very comforting when we are constantly bombarded by sensory input in the modern world.

I think swaddling yourself in a blanket would be better than going full force and doing this:shock:

I think swaddling yourself in a blanket would be better than going full force and doing this:shock:
It doesnt provide the same sensation that the pushing of dirt does. If they wanted to go the extra step, they'd put the dirt in a tray and heat it.

"New treatment for hemophilia: Getting stabbed in the face"

:lamo

There is no way I'd do this. If I want to feel like I'm in the womb again, I'll seclude myself to a very warm, almost hot bath and submerge all but my face into it when my kids are gone and the phone is off the hook. No dirt naps for this kid (yet, anyway!).

Back
Top Bottom