• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Burgers by candlelight: Trump lays out fast food for college football champs

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ood-for-college-football-champs-idUSKCN1P900X

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump laid out a White House feast fit for a government shutdown on Monday: silver platters heaped high with McDonald’s quarter pounders and the red-and-white burger wrappers of Wendy’s.

White House chefs normally would serve much fancier fare underneath the stern gaze of the portrait of Abraham Lincoln in the State Dining Room. But they are furloughed, staying home without paychecks as Trump fights with Congress over funding the federal government.
===============================================
Personally if I was a champion athlete invited to the WH for dinner, I wouldn't be looking forward to fast food.

I would be excited just to be there. I sure as hell wouldn't be an ingrate and bitch about the hospitality.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ood-for-college-football-champs-idUSKCN1P900X

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump laid out a White House feast fit for a government shutdown on Monday: silver platters heaped high with McDonald’s quarter pounders and the red-and-white burger wrappers of Wendy’s.

White House chefs normally would serve much fancier fare underneath the stern gaze of the portrait of Abraham Lincoln in the State Dining Room. But they are furloughed, staying home without paychecks as Trump fights with Congress over funding the federal government.
Personally if I was a champion athlete invited to the WH for dinner, I wouldn't be looking forward to fast food.

This is a weird thing to make a story out of man, it could very well be the complete opposite as diets can be pretty strict, may be a decent opportunity to pig out and get away from the strict regimen.

This is a weird thing to make a story out of man, it could very well be the complete opposite as diets can be pretty strict, may be a decent opportunity to pig out and get away from the strict regimen.

If you want to pig out on good burgers, go Five Guys or even Wendy's...but Big Macs and Filet O'Fish?!?

Burger Quality Matters.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Hmmm ... if they didn't feel tainted by being in the White House with a that steaming pile of orange excrement, and if they didn't feel bad about being there partying with the architect of the shutdown when hundreds of thousands were suffering from the shutdown, then maybe they were the kind to be amused by the unusual feast and happy to have a story to tell.

Last edited:
Dw6FPIUW0AEkfqJ.jpg

Trump: "If they don't show up, these are all MINE!"

If you want to pig out on good burgers, go Five Guys or even Wendy's...but Big Macs and Filet O'Fish?!?

The burgers from Founding Farmers in DC would have been a classy choice. Burgers still in their boxes, eh?

But you're not a champion athlete, so what makes you think you have the right to speak for them?

I would be excited just to be there. I sure as hell wouldn't be an ingrate and bitch about the hospitality.

Precisely why some of us consider the source; the O/P.

Trumpburgers
:eek:

WTF? Did he take them all out for ice cream afterwards as well? It's like Little League all over again.

Of course you’d be excited to be there. So excited, you’d be trying to hump the Donald’s leg.

Football players probably enjoyed the burgers more.

Well, there do tend to be expectations of a Head of State. Aside from that, I would have expected Mr. Moneybags himself to spring for something that isn’t a cold selection from the 2 for $5 menu at McDonalds. I certainly wouldn’t insult my own guests with such a spread.

Well, there do tend to be expectations of a Head of State. Aside from that, I would have expected Mr. Moneybags himself to spring for something that isn’t a cold selection from the 2 for $5 menu at McDonalds.
Actually, I think it's kind of creative - these are young guys not gourmets. The grew up on Big Macs.

Actually, I think it's kind of creative - these are young guys not gourmets. The grew up on Big Macs.
Okay. That's why they have the football genes, and you don't. Big Mac diets.
762dd4b513eab7c73382c0151f5c488d.jpg
09e2033acd33505561a1c47abf3a3b5b.jpg
800da10877e8cc7124cbe43aecc6c519.jpg
14f42fc4709afbaeb56c27174c1f3556.jpg
4b6aeb3d7421bd6e01d55ef7cc008e90.jpg

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

They’re college athletes who are old enough to appreciate a fine steak meal. And if you’re going to do burgers, you can do much better than a cold Big Mac still in the cardboard box.

Surprise he didn't add some fried chicken and watermelon to the festivities.

Creative to feed them Trump's favorite food?

:lamo

They’re college athletes who are old enough to appreciate a fine steak meal. And if you’re going to do burgers, you can do much better than a cold Big Mac still in the cardboard box.
LOL, your basic argument is "Trump!:twisted:".

Back
Top Bottom