• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Burger King to begin selling beer with their burgers

Commoncents

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Introducing the Whopper Bar: Burger King to sell beer at fast food joints

Burger King is going to be selling brewskis - and that's no whopper.

Hoping to tap a whole new customer base, the fast food chain has unveiled plans to peddle beer alongside their famous burgers at something they are calling a Whopper Bar.

The first one is opening in Miami Beach and will target thirsty tourists hitting South Beach, Burger King confirmed.

The chain is also reportedly looking to open more Whopper Bars in other tourist meccas like Times Square, as well as Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

Don't look for exotic brews - BK is starting out with domestic brands like Miller and Budweiser and will consider other beers down the road.

alg_burger_king_beer.jpg

Read more: Introducing the Whopper Bar: Burger King to sell beer at fast food joints

Miller and Bud....ick.

I do love those Steakhouse Burgers tho. Dont see my neck of the woods getting one anytime soon tho. Guess Ill have to stick with the 99 and their full bar.

Introducing the Whopper Bar: Burger King to sell beer at fast food joints

alg_burger_king_beer.jpg

Read more: Introducing the Whopper Bar: Burger King to sell beer at fast food joints

Miller and Bud....ick.

I do love those Steakhouse Burgers tho. Dont see my neck of the woods getting one anytime soon tho. Guess Ill have to stick with the 99 and their full bar.
I don't really see a problem, if you don't want beer then don't get beer. :/

But this will cause some complications with some of the dry counties here in Texas.

McDonalds and Burger Kings all over Europe sell beer. This is nothing new. Maybe new to The United States, but we are always slow to change.

Hey, that's a great idea: Take a line of impatient customers who are already pissed about the ineffecient service . . . and serve them beer! :lol:

McDonalds and Burger Kings all over Europe sell beer. This is nothing new. Maybe new to The United States, but we are always slow to change.

And in Europe you can smoke weed in coffee houses and window shop for whores.I guess there are actually some parts of Europe that have got it right.

Beer at a burger king, that sounds pretty good. I thought I could only get such a thing at a restaurant, bar or a strip joint.Although at a strip joint I can have a long island iced tea in one hand and cheese burger in another hand while I am getting a lap dance.

Last edited:
I don't like it.

How are they going to handle drive-thru? Here's your beer sir, and a straw, but please don't put the straw in the beer until you get home.

It sounds like a smart business plan.

I don't like it.

How are they going to handle drive-thru? Here's your beer sir, and a straw, but please don't put the straw in the beer until you get home.

Most likely they won't allow it to be sold at the drive up window. That would be illegal in my state. It would also be illegal for any person under 18 to serve alcohol.

Most likely they won't allow it to be sold at the drive up window. That would be illegal in my state. It would also be illegal for any person under 18 to serve alcohol.
In Louisiana both would be legal......sort of. You can sell drive through liquor here, but the container must stay "closed" i.e. you can sell the drink and provide a straw, but you cannot sell a drink without a lid, and the seal of the lid cannot be broken at sale. Also, all adults 18+ can get a license to sell liquor here.

I bet MickeyD's will follow suit. I like the idea of being able to have a beer with my burger:)

I bet MickeyD's will follow suit. I like the idea of being able to have a beer with my burger:)
I think the OWI count is about to skyrocket as a result of this though.:doh

It makes good business sense I suppose. The only way I could force myself to eat Burger King would be to pre-treat my stomach with large quantities of alcohol.

Damn, seeing that whopper and the fries... It makes me so hungry. :cheers:

Will burger king sell me Vodka and some red bull too? If so they are the best!

From what I've read in the article, not all BKs will be selling beer. It looks to me as if a "Whopper Bar" will be a separate kind of fast food place from BKs. Kinda like how Pizza Huts are separate from Pizza Hut Italian Bistros. You'll probably see Whopper Bars in the downtown areas. Your average BK, however, probably won't ever be selling beer.

In Louisiana both would be legal......sort of. You can sell drive through liquor here, but the container must stay "closed" i.e. you can sell the drink and provide a straw, but you cannot sell a drink without a lid, and the seal of the lid cannot be broken at sale. Also, all adults 18+ can get a license to sell liquor here.

Your state I like.

And in Europe you can smoke weed in coffee houses and window shop for whores.I guess there are actually some parts of Europe that have got it right.

I totally agree with you even though I am not sure if you really mean that:confused:

So what? Move to Europe.

It probably hasn't been done here before for many of the same reasons American KFCs don't sell their ice cream covered in corn.

corn.jpg

Yeah in Holland, get a grip. Not in all of Europe.

Yeah in Holland, get a grip. Not in all of Europe.

American, you forgot Belguim, Denmark, Germany, Czech Rep, Austria. And in France, Italy, Spain the hookers come out at night in droves. Its a sad sight really.

American, you forgot Belguim, Denmark, Germany, Czech Rep, Austria. And in France, Italy, Spain the hookers come out at night in droves. Its a sad sight really.

wow, my brothers in italy, he should be enjoying himself, especially 'cause he's on his mission for the mormon church

So what? Move to Europe.

It probably hasn't been done here before for many of the same reasons American KFCs don't sell their ice cream covered in corn.

corn.jpg

What is with some people? They want for all Americans to be the same because face it, in the US. Most of the laws are similar and the only difference is that in one state you don't pay as much taxes because in other states where people do pay higher taxes, they have you covered as well. But that is the US.

If someone doesn't like something they have the right to change it without having to leave the nation. If not what as the point of 50states?

Really I don't see the problem with alcohol being served in fast food restaurants. Serve beer. But then they cannot because there are too many narrow minded people in this country and the government is run by those narrow minded people.

wow, my brothers in italy, he should be enjoying himself, especially 'cause he's on his mission for the mormon church

You live in Utah? Can I ask, what's it like to live there? I've seen so many commercials-here in Illinois-about how we should go visit Utah because there is so many things to do.

Back
Top Bottom