• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Building The Wall

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The wall is going to get built, some way or another. As it is there is even a gofundme fundraiser to raise money to help build the wall and they've already raised over 5 million so it will get built.

The wall is going to get built, some way or another. As it is there is even a gofundme fundraiser to raise money to help build the wall and they've already raised over 5 million so it will get built.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Also, there's a thread already about this.

5 million raised, only $4,995,000,000 to go. :lamo

I see you're also one to cheer American land owners getting their land stolen from them. Hey, stealing land is an American tradition after all, eh?

And that's a low ball estimate imo.

It doesn't take a lot of other factors into play.

Oh I know it’s just funny thinking a go fund me page is going to raise $5 billion .

At the current rate they'll reach $5B in about 78 years if my math is correct.

I see you're also one to cheer American land owners getting their land stolen from them. Hey, stealing land is an American tradition after all, eh?

If anybody steals land its the illegal immigrants who come over here without going through the proper legal process and who the wall will stop.

Quite true. It's going to be built in orbit by giant, sentient and radioactive space weasels.

If anybody steals land its the illegal immigrants who come over here without going through the proper legal process and who the wall will stop.

Oh, so you think this wall will be built without using any eminent domain and not one landowner will fight it?

:giggle1:

At least those illegals can just use a ladder to get over the wall that's supposedly going to stop them.

I figure if all Trump supporters donate $80, that will raise the $5 billion.

But they don't seem to be in such a generous mood to get Trumps boondoggle funded when it's them having to pony up.

57% of Americans do not support building Trumps Wall.

The human brain just doesn't grasp exponents very well. One million seconds is about 11.5 days. One billion seconds is almost thirty-two years.

A million dollars will buy you a very nice house. A billion dollars will buy you a very nice house in every country on earth, each with a million dollar car in the garage, and a Gulfstream G-6 to place on each continent to shuttle you between them.

Five billion dollars will barely build you the roads necessary to build a full-length border wall. Literally haven't started the wall yet, just the roads necessary to get the equipment in place.

And they would get shot.

Ahh, so now you're going to place guard shacks all along the wall. Say, one every couple miles? And man each of those around the clock. Thousands of additional salaries to pay. Training. Maintenance...

Going to need the infrastructure to provide power and water to those shacks. It's the desert, you can't just put up a wood shack.

I very much enjoyed reading the Mainstream Media Breaking News story linked by the OP’s “Dear Diary” entry

Since this isn't going to happen. This isn't breaking news.

Debate[B said:
Challenge[/B];1069437515]And they would get shot.

You think the border patrol is going to start shooting anyone going over the wall?

Challenged you are......

Oh I know it’s just funny thinking a go fund me page is going to raise $5 billion .
I don't mind knuckle-heads donating their own money, estimated at $20 billion or more, to build this wall. Let them take as many years to raise the money as they like. Then, they can take years building it. Oh, do they also have the right to use eminent domain to take the land?

Ahh, so now you're going to place guard shacks all along the wall. Say, one every couple miles? And man each of those around the clock. Thousands of additional salaries to pay. Training. Maintenance...

Going to need the infrastructure to provide power and water to those shacks. It's the desert, you can't just put up a wood shack.
Solar powered sensors could easily be used to sense attempts to breach a wall. We staff border patrol guard the border now a wall would probably help them do the job they are already doing. Ask your self would you rather cross a 4 strand barbed wire fence in Arizona or a 30 foot wall designed to be climb resistant wall.

The Border Patrol overwhelmingly supports the building of the wall I think they know best what tools they need to protect our borders.

Solar powered sensors could easily be used to sense attempts to breach a wall. We staff border patrol guard the border now a wall would probably help them do the job they are already doing. Ask your self would you rather cross a 4 strand barbed wire fence in Arizona or a 30 foot wall designed to be climb resistant wall.

The Border Patrol overwhelmingly supports the building of the wall I think they know best what tools they need to protect our borders.

So we're adding tens of thousands of solar panels and unidentified "sensors." Yeah that sounds cheap.

Border patrol wants their budget increased by billions of dollars? Ya don't ****in say :lamo

Back
Top Bottom