• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Building The Wall

Actually he commuted their sentences, rather than actually pardoning them. A rather importance distinction that you have overlooked.

Irrelevant; an unarmed civilian is an unarmed civilian regardless of nationality. Do you seriously think it'd be easier to shoot a little kid if one was told "oh, it's not an American little kid"? What a laughable fairy tale of an argument.

Your delusions about "heavily armed criminals scaling the fence" or "most illegal immigrants being armed" are equally hysterical.

Sounds like while you and other psychotic Trump cultists wouldn't have a problem with murdering unarmed civilians, you still lac any evidence that suggests law enforcement or military personnel would feel the same way.

They're certainly not going to just stand there and let the illegals scale the wall. And besides, the illegals would need firetrucks to scale the wall.

only takes $80 bucks per trump supporter and its done. I find it funny that the dems and their supporters are crying over 5 billion when they supported $41 billion for the same thing in the 10-15 year or so prior to Trump getting elected. Walls, fencing, more agents, better security and stopping illegal immigration. Funny now they don't want it.

They're certainly not going to just stand there and let the illegals scale the wall. And besides, the illegals would need firetrucks to scale the wall.

Unless, of course, they go under it..... around it. In case you forgot we have a rather large coastline.

The whole idea of Trump's wall is a joke.

Unless, of course, they go under it..... around it. In case you forgot we have a rather large coastline.

The whole idea of Trump's wall is a joke.

Not if the wall goes underground, and not if many of them aren't going to travel thousands of miles to the coast.

Do they stand there and watch them cross the border now? Please explain the distinction.

You pay for my universal healthcare out of your pocket and I will pay for your wall out of mine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's your wall, my friend.

Not if the wall goes underground, and not if many of them aren't going to travel thousands of miles to the coast.

This thing just gets more expensive by the minute.

The wall is going to get built, some way or another. As it is there is even a gofundme fundraiser to raise money to help build the wall and they've already raised over 5 million so it will get built.

If people fund the wall through GoFundMe, good for them. It should be noted that $26 billion is a massive amount to crowd source, but more power to the folks who choose to do it this way. The thing is though, they should be asking for specifications on the design of the wall since they're paying for it; there are some legitimate questions that need to be answered in order to determine the actual cost. Then of course they need to think about what it costs to maintain and staff; basic stuff really.

That would mean you would need the technology and personnel to respond immediately. Staffing an almost 2,000 mile wall this way would be quite the undertaking and would cost quite a bit.

Adding additional wall to go several feet underground has not been part of the original scope and would drive the cost up substantially.

It's your healthcare boondoggle

Tell me, if your goal is to improve border security, why are you backing one of the least efficient ways to do it? Wouldn't you like a more efficient method?

Tell me, if your goal is to improve border security, why are you backing one of the least efficient ways to do it? Wouldn't you like a more efficient method?
Can you support that claim?

interesting video. some of you might even be interested enough to do a little research.

building trump's wall through texas canyon land will be quite an engineering feat.

fencing 250 year old cattle ranches from the Rio Grande water will be interesting

Can you support that claim?

You can buy a fleet of a thousand surveillance drones for a fraction of the price of this stupid idea.

Adding additional wall to go several feet underground has not been part of the original scope and would drive the cost up substantially.

The last tunnel I helped dig was about 300 feet underground, so...........

I wonder how deep underground the wall would have to be to stop tunneling?

Whoever suggested running the wall underground is, well, to put it politely, VERY remedial.

Further, I think the folks who donate to the GoFundMe Wall project must be graduates from Trump University.

Some folks are so stupid, they haven't a clue they're stupid. The would argue with a signpost and go the wrong direction. It's amazing they can even navigate a forum such as this.

I guess that why Obama sent billions to Iran. :roll:

The billions he sent to Iran belonged to them. It wasn't ours to keep. Surely you knew this. Surely you didn't buy the "Fox and Friends" interview that we gave away our own money?

tumblr_pjzsomhP7K1r55d2io1_640.png

:lamo

The billions he sent to Iran belonged to them. It wasn't ours to keep. Surely you knew this. Surely you didn't buy the "Fox and Friends" interview that we gave away our own money?

That's not what Hannity said, Superfly. Hannity said Obama is basically a terrorist.

That's not what Hannity said, Superfly. Hannity said Obama is basically a terrorist.

Well **** Obama then, that Kenyan born bisexual Muslim.

How dare he take our money? We needed that money to send to Trump so he could build the wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for.

Well **** Obama then, that Kenyan born bisexual Muslim.

How dare he take our money? We needed that money to send to Trump so he could build the wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for.

Just think of how many billionaires we could've given that money to. Such a shame.

5 million raised, only $4,995,000,000 to go. :lamo

There's a hell of a lot farther than that to go:
  • Trump initially said he could build a wall for $4 billion and later estimated $6 billion to $7 billion. In April 2017, he put it at $10 billion or less.
  • In July 2016, Bernstein Research, a firm that analyzes material costs, put the price tag at $15 billion to $25 billion, for a wall that stretches 1,000 miles and is 40 feet high, which was Trump’s initial desired height.
  • In January 2017, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said the wall would be $12 billion to $15 billion.
  • In February 2017, a leaked report from the Department of Homeland Security put it much higher, at $21.6 billion.
  • In April 2017, the Democratic staff of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee said in a report that costs could soar to nearly $70 billion — not including the significant costs and legal resources required for land acquisition.
For contextual comparison, that's more than the cost of an aircraft carrier, but it goes nowhere and it's implementation will help reduce the nation's GDP.[SUP]1[/SUP]

Note:
  1. This from a decidedly anti-immigration, and most certainly anti-illegal-immigration organization, the CIS' report, "Immigration and the American Worker: Illegal Immigration," from a study conducted by the guy who's considered among the most well-informed immigration economists in the world, not the US, the world.
    • Applying the standard textbook model to illegal immigration shows that illegal immigrants increased GDP by $395 to $472 billion. As before, this “contribution” to the economy does not measure the net benefit to natives.
    • The immigration surplus or benefit to natives created by illegal immigrants is estimated at around $9 billion a year.
    • Illegal immigration reduces the wage of native workers by an estimated $99 to $118 billion a year, and generates a gain for businesses and other users of immigrants of $107 to $128 billion.

Back
Top Bottom