• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Building The Wall

It would require fewer guards than we need currently.

But a lot more than we have.

If being effective was your goal, anyway.

What's wrong with more jobs for people? You can adjust that number according to need.

Once the wall is built, those construction jobs go away.

What's wrong with more jobs for people? You can adjust that number according to need.

Once the wall is built, those construction jobs go away.
And housing construction jobs available to American when were reduce cheap illegal labor on construction sites.

Yeah,
Cause they are going to just shoot anyone they see now, right?

And housing construction jobs available to American when were reduce cheap illegal labor on construction sites.

So house prices will soar? Or do you propose paying Americans the same cheap wages?

That happens when we reduce illegal immigration maybe but we're discussing the need for a wall.

And no real case has been made for the wall as a more effective or economic option.

Yeah,
Cause they are going to just shoot anyone they see now, right?
I guess that is what you want them to do not me. I'd just prefer the people to legally enter through a port of entry just like I do when I go to Mexico or any other country I travel to.

That happens when we reduce illegal immigration maybe but we're discussing the need for a wall.

And no real case has been made for the wall as a more effective or economic option.
We need a wall to stop illegal immigration and illegal immigration cost state and federal governments BILLONS every year. Illegal immigration cheap labor damages the working wages in many occupations. The jobs that we need help on like picking fruits and vegetables can be handled with increasing J Visa for temporary migrant workers who return home after the season work is done. I'm also for a tax on remittances to pay for the wall long term.

You're advocating a 50 billion dollar project at least. Plus billions per year in upkeep. We just jacked up our deficit by hundreds of billions with tax cuts. How much more you wanna do this?
Give me creditable proof of you WILD numbers. I'll wait but I'm not holding my breath. :roll:

So house prices will soar? Or do you propose paying Americans the same cheap wages?
I propose paying all Americans a fair working wage. Its an odd thing that homes get built in Hawaii and other states where there are very few illegal aliens. Houses got built 50 years ago before we had a huge illegal alien problem.

We need a wall to stop illegal immigration
The wall is inefficient. Wouldn't you prefer something more efficient?

and illegal immigration cost state and federal governments BILLONS every year.
Only if you ignore the revenue they generate.

Illegal immigration cheap labor damages the working wages in many occupations. The jobs that we need help on like picking fruits and vegetables can be handled with increasing J Visa for temporary migrant workers who return home after the season work is done. I'm also for a tax on remittances to pay for the wall long term.

Wait, I thought our economy was booming along so well American workers could get as good a job as they want

We need a wall to stop illegal immigration and illegal immigration cost state and federal governments BILLONS every year. Illegal immigration cheap labor damages the working wages in many occupations. The jobs that we need help on like picking fruits and vegetables can be handled with increasing J Visa for temporary migrant workers who return home after the season work is done. I'm also for a tax on remittances to pay for the wall long term.

I repeat: And no real case has been made for the wall as a more effective or economic option.

I see you're also one to cheer American land owners getting their land stolen from them. Hey, stealing land is an American tradition after all, eh?

Oh, there will be a treaty..............:lol:

And they would get shot.

The Trump cult's fascination with the idea of shooting unarmed civilians is rather disturbing.

What makes you think law enforcement or military personnel would obey such orders in the first place?

The Trump cult's fascination with the idea of shooting unarmed civilians is rather disturbing.

What makes you think law enforcement or military personnel would obey such orders in the first place?

There was a case during the Bush administration in which two border patrol agents shot a Mexican drug smuggler. Unfortunately they were charged but fortunately Bush pardoned them.

But aside from that, number one we're not talking about American civilians, and number two they won't necessarily be unarmed. What makes you think everybody who tries to scale the wall will be unarmed? They're criminals for trying to scale the wall so its not far fetched for some or most of them to be armed. But the fact remains that by scaling the wall there will be consequences, there's consequences when you break the law. And if they know they will be shot, then most likely they will not try scaling the wall in the first place.

As others have rightfully pointed out, that's going to be another huge expense to have that many guards manning the wall.

We've already got border patrol agents, having the wall will make their job that much easier and that much more effective.

Even if we don't stop all illegals from crossing over we will at least stop some, we will certainly stop more than if we didn't have the wall.

You seem to be opposed to any method that is not 100% effective.

At least those illegals can just use a ladder to get over the wall that's supposedly going to stop them.

So do you think most typical Mexican illegal American immigrant wannabes have access to firetrucks?

5 million raised, only $4,995,000,000 to go. :lamo
If you dont think that amount of money isnt making politicians uncomfortable about voting against funding the wall, you are kidding yourself

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There was a case during the Bush administration in which two border patrol agents shot a Mexican drug smuggler. Unfortunately they were charged but fortunately Bush pardoned them.

But aside from that, number one we're not talking about American civilians, and number two they won't necessarily be unarmed. What makes you think everybody who tries to scale the wall will be unarmed? They're criminals for trying to scale the wall so its not far fetched for some or most of them to be armed. But the fact remains that by scaling the wall there will be consequences, there's consequences when you break the law. And if they know they will be shot, then most likely they will not try scaling the wall in the first place.

Actually he commuted their sentences, rather than actually pardoning them. A rather importance distinction that you have overlooked.

Irrelevant; an unarmed civilian is an unarmed civilian regardless of nationality. Do you seriously think it'd be easier to shoot a little kid if one was told "oh, it's not an American little kid"? What a laughable fairy tale of an argument.

Your delusions about "heavily armed criminals scaling the fence" or "most illegal immigrants being armed" are equally hysterical.

Sounds like while you and other psychotic Trump cultists wouldn't have a problem with murdering unarmed civilians, you still lac any evidence that suggests law enforcement or military personnel would feel the same way.

I figure if all Trump supporters donate $80, that will raise the $5 billion.

But they don't seem to be in such a generous mood to get Trumps boondoggle funded when it's them having to pony up.

57% of Americans do not support building Trumps Wall.
You pay for my universal healthcare out of your pocket and I will pay for your wall out of mine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We've already got border patrol agents, having the wall will make their job that much easier and that much more effective.

Even if we don't stop all illegals from crossing over we will at least stop some, we will certainly stop more than if we didn't have the wall.

You seem to be opposed to any method that is not 100% effective.

We could stop a lot more by using an electric fence. Try climbing that.

Back
Top Bottom