• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Build the wall with Mexican money or not at all!!

Apparently they do not let you listen to Trump in Russia, that is exactly what Trump has and continues to say the wall will do. Do you people ever listen to his speeches and read his tweets? And the idea that the wall will keep people out is a laugh. Over, under or through, that is what will happen to a wall.

I listen to his speeches and read his tweets. Just not religiously like the lot of you appear to do and it's obvious that I've seen more then enough cases of people pulling his words out of context to even begin to guess what you mean. Because posters like you also have the inane problem, of not taking him seriously. But somehow always taking him literally.

Walls tend to stop people, because that's what they do. But it would still be idiotic if you outright thought they stopped everyone.

Then again, that's not what the wall was for in the first place.

First, very little drugs come through anything but the ports of entry and by ship. They even build subs to do this. And the wall will do little to stem immigration and human trafficking. IN fact, if we are stupid enough to spend the money to build a wall, we will still have to spend the same amount of money we would spend on other more modern means to keep the flow out. The wall will change nothing except to make the coyotes charge more for bringing immigrants to the US. A wall is exactly nothing except a huge financial boondoggle.

Seeing as Israel managed to cut illegal immigration so sharply, with their own boarder fence. I have no inclination to believe that ours wouldn't have a similar effect. This as well that the cost of dealing with our current illegal population, is costing us over a 100 billion a year. I'd be willing to do anything to stem the tide and keep the flow to a small minimum. Hopefully getting some of these people nationalized and actually contributing to society.

Sure many didnt qualify for asylum and are now going home, but what proof do you have they just wanted free things instead of job opportunities and the american dream?

This is proof that our border is working. A wall wont do anything. What is this talk of drug smuggling and human trafficking? It sounds like nonsense scare tactics.

I guess you don't know what a Coyote human trafficker is?

Also yes, there is drug smuggling that comes in from mexico. As per the FBIs own designation, it comes through the Southwest border. Though other methods such as rail, tunnel, backpacker, mule, ship etc, are still used.

I believe we've made several border security adjustments in the last 5 years as well. That's still shy a continental big wall

It's a border wall, continental would mean it covers the entire continent itself.
It would be better than having a heavily segmented wall as we have now.

I guess you don't know what a Coyote human trafficker is?

Also yes, there is drug smuggling that comes in from mexico. As per the FBIs own designation, it comes through the Southwest border. Though other methods such as rail, tunnel, backpacker, mule, ship etc, are still used.
I thought human trafficking meant kidnapping and selling into prostitution... not smuggling. Isnt that the problem we are currently discussing? Wouldnt normalizing our restrictions on legal migrants eliminate the coyote more effectively then a wall?

If you eliminate all the civilians coming across for otherwise non illegal reasons, all you have are criminals and you can militarize away. It will still be cheaper then a wall.
It's a border wall, continental would mean it covers the entire continent itself.
It would be better than having a heavily segmented wall as we have now.
It's intended to stretch from sea to shining sea. Its continental. It doesnt need to be a circle.

Duplicate

Last edited:
I thought human trafficking meant kidnapping and selling into prostitution... not smuggling. Isnt that the problem we are currently discussing? Wouldnt normalizing our restrictions on legal migrants eliminate the coyote more effectively then a wall?

If you eliminate all the civilians coming across for otherwise non illegal reasons, all you have are criminals and you can militarize away. It will still be cheaper then a wall.
It's intended to stretch from sea to shining sea. Its continental. It doesnt need to be a circle.

Human trafficking encompasses more than just the kidnapping aspect.
The wall would cover just this one border, nothing in it's name confirms blocking off an entire continent to access.

Build the wall with Mexican money or not at all!!

Another brick in the wall?

uitled.jpg

Human trafficking encompasses more than just the kidnapping aspect.
The wall would cover just this one border, nothing in it's name confirms blocking off an entire continent to access.
Yeah, but voluntary smuggling isnt exactly as urgent as kidnapping and is about as relevant as people crossing on their own. So not an issue at all and idk why you raise it.

And a wall stretching ACROSS AN ENTIRE CONTINENT is continental. This silly requirement that you made up that it must surround the continent is nonsensical.

Yeah, but voluntary smuggling isnt exactly as urgent as kidnapping and is about as relevant as people crossing on their own. So not an issue at all and idk why you raise it.

And a wall stretching ACROSS AN ENTIRE CONTINENT is continental. This silly requirement that you made up that it must surround the continent is nonsensical.

One problem that arises when it's the people paying to be brought across the boarder. Is that women who are in those groups have a high chance of being raped and in some cases you have the traffickers taking the money and leaving their charges stranded. Usually kidnapping those that they can sell later, if they have the manpower to do so.
There are "good" coyotes, though how good someone who routinely helps to break a countries laws can be, is yet to be seen... who do what they are tasked with doing and get their people there as safely as possible. I'm even content to believe that these such people are the majority of the coyotes out there. But that practice is still illegal in that it helps to subvert our system and avoid punishment. Not to mention that allows chances for return offenders and other criminals to pass right back into our country.

I think the phrase you're looking for then in that case is trans-continental.

I hear the Trumpsters constantly tell us that Trump is trying to fulfill his promise to build the wall. That is not Trump's promise. His promise was o build and wall and that Mexico would pay of it. So Trump is trying to satisfy his base with a wall but doing it by having the US pay for it including a majority of people in his country that don't want a wall. We all want border security, but a majority of our citizens don't believe that a wall will do little to help keep us secure. So until Trump can fulfill all of his promise to build a wall with Mexican money, no damn wall.

A wall is a terrible idea for many reasons. If you want to actually do something effective about the illegal immigration problem then follow Oklahoma's example by imposing devastating fines and criminal penalties to any business found to be employing even a single illegal.

I hear the Trumpsters constantly tell us that Trump is trying to fulfill his promise to build the wall. That is not Trump's promise. His promise was o build and wall and that Mexico would pay of it. So Trump is trying to satisfy his base with a wall but doing it by having the US pay for it including a majority of people in his country that don't want a wall. We all want border security, but a majority of our citizens don't believe that a wall will do little to help keep us secure. So until Trump can fulfill all of his promise to build a wall with Mexican money, no damn wall.

Also, that wasn't a promise, that was rhetoric. You're supposed to know the difference by the time you graduate highschool.

Also, that wasn't a promise, that was rhetoric. You're supposed to know the difference by the time you graduate highschool.

I have a BA and an MBA and I know the difference between rhetoric and a promise. Trump made one complete promise about the wall and that was he would build a wall and Mexico would pay for it. He did not say we will build a wall and the American people would pay for it. He made that "PROMISE" time and time again. He still makes that same promise by saying that he will eventually get Mexico to pay for the wall even though even the stupidest Trump cultist should know it is nothing but a lie. And we know he lies a lot, even though his cultist are more than willing to forgive.

Back
Top Bottom