• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Budget Deficit in U.S. Narrows 13% to $90.5 Billion on Rising Tax Receipts

Donc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Look at this good news.; looks like were headed in the right direction.:thumbs:

< The U.S. government posted a smaller budget deficit in August compared with the same month last year, helped by rising tax receipts.>

<The excess of spending over revenue totaled $90.5 billion last month, smaller than the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News and down 13 percent from $103.6 billion in August 2009, according to a Treasury Department report issued today in Washington. The gap for the fiscal year that started in October was $1.26 trillion compared with $1.37 trillion last year at the same time. >

<The economic recovery has helped generate more tax revenue for the Treasury, even as the Congressional Budget Office forecasts the deficit this fiscal year will reach $1.34 trillion, the second-largest on record. The Obama administration faces the challenge of trying to limit the shortfall while stimulating an economy with joblessness close to 10 percent. >

More here.

Budget Deficit in U.S. Narrows 13% to $90.5 Billion on Rising Tax Receipts - Bloomberg

This is a one time one month basically meaningless blip and says nothing about the reduction of the actual debt or a reduction in the real unemployment numbers which are according to some is closer to 22%.

So hold on to your party hats for now boys and girls.

http://http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/how_nation_true_jobless_rate_is_N4E6MjtfhnMcCi537pucaJ

his'll make you laugh.

Back in November 2003 an economist named Austan Goolsbee from the University of Chicago wrote an op-ed piece for The New York Times criticizing a Labor Department announcement about job growth the month before.

And he attacked the idea that the country had just experienced nothing more than a mild recession.

"Unfortunately, underreporting unemployment has served the interest of both political parties," wrote Goolsbee. "The situation has grown so dire, though, that we can't tell whether the job market is recovering."

OK, I promised you a laugh. So here it comes.

Goolsbee no longer works at the University of Chicago. He now has a job at the White House as President Obama's top economic adviser.

So the president and Goolsbee will now have to convince the American public that the slight statistical improvement in the employment situation over the past year really is credible -- even if Goolsbee doesn't believe it.

This is a one time one month basically meaningless blip and says nothing about the reduction of the actual debt or a reduction in the real unemployment numbers which are according to some is closer to 22%.

So hold on to your party hats for now boys and girls.

http://http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/how_nation_true_jobless_rate_is_N4E6MjtfhnMcCi537pucaJ

I always thought that the budget deficit dropping to 9.1 percent of gross domestic product in one year, from 9.9 percent was a good thing. What do you consider good news councilman? :confused:

I would jump for joy if the Amateur in Chief Obama Would do the Country a solid and resign.

Now that would be great news.

:rock:2rofll::2dancing::2party:party on.

I always thought that the budget deficit dropping to 9.1 percent of gross domestic product in one year, from 9.9 percent was a good thing. What do you consider good news councilman? :confused:

I would consider it good news, when the government stops spending more than it takes in and doesn't idiotically try to shrink the deficit by raising taxes.

How about we create a taxation system that motivates people to pay taxes, rather than hiring 10,000 new IRS headhunters to hunt down people that are a quarter behind on thier payroll taxes?

Well, now that I think about it, that would make too much sense and be too kind to the American people. Can't have that ****!

Look at this good news.; looks like were headed in the right direction.:thumbs:

< The U.S. government posted a smaller budget deficit in August compared with the same month last year, helped by rising tax receipts.>

<The excess of spending over revenue totaled $90.5 billion last month, smaller than the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News and down 13 percent from $103.6 billion in August 2009, according to a Treasury Department report issued today in Washington. The gap for the fiscal year that started in October was $1.26 trillion compared with $1.37 trillion last year at the same time. >

<The economic recovery has helped generate more tax revenue for the Treasury, even as the Congressional Budget Office forecasts the deficit this fiscal year will reach $1.34 trillion, the second-largest on record. The Obama administration faces the challenge of trying to limit the shortfall while stimulating an economy with joblessness close to 10 percent. >

More here.

Budget Deficit in U.S. Narrows 13% to $90.5 Billion on Rising Tax Receipts - Bloomberg

Looks like the Bush tax relief is working

might as well keep it going

apdst

I would consider it good news, when the government stops spending more than it takes in and doesn't idiotically try to shrink the deficit by raising taxes.

Then the OP should have been good news to you then. Did you overlook this part of my post? :confused:

(The excess of spending over revenue totaled $90.5 billion last month.)

Then the OP should have been good news to you then. Did you overlook this part of my post? :confused:

(The excess of spending over revenue totaled $90.5 billion last month.)

Except, that wasn't the point of your thread; which was, "...Budget Deficit in U.S. Narrows 13% to .5 Billion on Rising Tax Receipts".

i.e. the government didn't stop pissin' away money, it just got an influx of tax cash to narrow the gap.

I would jump for joy if the Amateur in Chief Obama Would do the Country a solid and resign.

Now that would be great news.

Party on.

WOH WOH WOH!

Hold the phone!

If he resigned, that would mean...

joe_biden.jpg

:shock:

Back
Top Bottom