• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bucs rookie Cameron Kinley told by Navy he can't play this season: 'My childhood dream ... taken away'

Sooooo, stepping past the train wreck that broke out in this thread-

First I met Roger Staubach on an American flight from Philly to Dallas. Nice guy.

Second- when I finally enrolled in VA Health they sent me for a chest x-ray due to past history of smoking. Lungs good but neck looked funny, sent to OKC VA for MRI (damn they are noisy) Turned out I'm missing one side of three neck vertebrae, and collarbone on the other side. No bone fragments so they think I was born that way. Went Infantry, humped ALICE, to include a lot of other physical crap. Apparently my neck muscles are what is keeping things steady. I have a bone spur do to injury decades ago. Not sure how young folks get them so quickly ( I lied about not having childhood asthma)

Probably just as well I never knew about my neck back then, and does make me look sideways at those who have 'issues'... ✌️

More Trump? For ****'s Sake... there is little hope left for America. It is falling apart.
Well we were talking about the service, or lack thereof, of politicians and their families.

Can't have that conversation without including Trump.

Wow, suffer from Trump Obsession much?

This is not even close, not at all. We are talking about one thing, and your obsession with President Trump has you trying to being up something completely different.

But fine, I care about it as much as I care that Joe Biden was a football player in college, yet still got a deferment because of "Childhood Asthma".

There, answer your question? How about now going into a bunch of other threads and demanding to know why President Biden did not serve as well.

Or even better yet, leave the freaking politics out of it, and concentrate on what this topic is actually about in the first place. And that has nothing to do with your obsession about the last President.
Wow. Review.

The conversation I responded to was all about how bad Biden and his son are because of that.

I just asked a question to see if the participants in that conversation were raging hypocrites or not.

Now do you understand?

And if he is injured doing that, then what? Or if he goes on to play for 15 years. Put him back in the Navy, as a Midshipman that is almost 40 years old?
If he plays football for 15 years as a pro, he can afford to pay back the tuition and room and board. Lots of servicemen get out early for one reason or another. Quit picking on this kid.

The conversation I responded to was all about how bad Biden and his son are because of that.

I just asked a question to see if the participants in that conversation were raging hypocrites or not.

And that is not what this thread is about.

And as I clearly said, I take into consideration both cases the exact same. I care no more or less about one than I do the other.

Now as far as Hunter, he never should have been in the military in the first place. He only got in as an Officer because of politics, and who his dad was. And he could not even stay off of the nose candy for a month and got booted out. Yes, this was a huge joke of us in the smoke pit as we watched that trainwreck unfold. But if Hunter had been John Jones with no political connections and his background, the Navy would have taken his request for commission and put it right into the file 13 bin.

But Hunter is also not his dad. He is a grown ass man, and I put nothing that he did before, during, or after his service on his father. But I do look at the two of them because that was not the first or last time his father used political influence to help him get ahead.

But for either one of them, they are nothing like this case. Mr. Kinley signed a contract and made a commitment when the US Navy and US Government agreed to pay for his education, and allow him to go to one of the finest colleges in the nation. All expenses paid. That is nothing like somebody deciding they did not want to serve in the first place, not even close. He made that choice, he should not fulfill his side of that commitment.

And I feel the same way if it was somebody who attended USC or UCLA or any other college on a ROTC Scholarship. The military and government agreed to pay your education, in return for a 6-8 year service commitment. I do not care if you want to break it to play football, or because you are a Widget Engineer, and Widget Engineers are suddenly high in demand and achieve high 6 number salaries. You made an agreement, you need to fulfil your side first. Not only because they did make an agreement, but because those are competitive positions, and literally they had spent 4 years riding the gravy train with no intent on fulfilling it, when somebody else was denied that wanted a career as a military officer.

If he plays football for 15 years as a pro, he can afford to pay back the tuition and room and board. Lots of servicemen get out early for one reason or another. Quit picking on this kid.

And what about the individual that did not get in because he was holding the spot? Should we then go back through the admissions and find the top candidate that was refused, and pay him back to because his slot was taken by somebody who would not serve?''

This is the thing that pisses me off, to be honest. I could not care less about the money myself. This is about honor, and doing what you had sworn to do. It is about integrity, and commitment to your word as much as if not more than the actual money itself. I literally see this as no different than some E-3 that suddenly gets a job offer at $60k per year, and decides to go AWOL because he does not want to spend the next 3 years as an E-3 making half that much and living in the barracks. Freaking boo-hoo, finish your service then move on.

And that is not what this thread is about.
Right.

Funny how you scolded me for bringing Trump/politics into it, but not the people who preceded my comment with a discussion of Biden and his son, service and politics.

You said nothing to them. Only got upset when I asked them about Trump.

Please explain.

Funny how you scolded me for bringing Trump/politics into it, but not the people who preceded my comment with a discussion of Biden and his son, service and politics.

Actually, I went back and looked at the start of this conversation. And your first comment was the one directed at me about President Trump. And in it, I was already dismissing his service or lack of as unimportant to me as that of President Biden.

So why you keep bringing it up over and over again, and demanding I answer I have absolutely no idea. But in neither way, does it matter here because Mister Kinley volunteered for his commitment. The former Presidents did not.

But I am done with this silly and pointless debate. And I will close it with what I said the first time, the one you first felt the need to respond to in the first place.

Myself, I never cared much one way or another. Never cared for Trump, don't care much for Biden either. But seeing how one is completely ignored and the other gets so much hate tells me a lot about those that obsess over it. And that it is actually more about their political bias and obsession than the person themselves.

And you did not ask "them", you directly quoted and responded to me. So nice try in spinning this, but it failed. You are obsessed with President Trump. And to be honest, I find TDS and BDS as stupid and crazy as ODS and BDS. If you can not have a discussion about a topic without dragging in a President every single time that has nothing to do with the actual topic, then you really have nothing of importance to say on the matter.

The POS took a position at the academy from someone who may have been a great officer some day.

**** him and the horse he rode in on.
And he might be a great officer some day, but at the end of the day, the Navy is a joke. The only people who sign up for the Navy are those who want to think they were in the military but didn't want to actually go fight.

Actually, I went back and looked at the start of this conversation. And your first comment was the one directed at me about President Trump. And in it, I was already dismissing his service or lack of as unimportant to me as that of President Biden.

So why you keep bringing it up over and over again, and demanding I answer I have absolutely no idea. But in neither way, does it matter here because Mister Kinley volunteered for his commitment. The former Presidents did not.

But I am done with this silly and pointless debate. And I will close it with what I said the first time, the one you first felt the need to respond to in the first place.

And you did not ask "them", you directly quoted and responded to me. So nice try in spinning this, but it failed. You are obsessed with President Trump. And to be honest, I find TDS and BDS as stupid and crazy as ODS and BDS. If you can not have a discussion about a topic without dragging in a President every single time that has nothing to do with the actual topic, then you really have nothing of importance to say on the matter.
Am I the one that brought up politics, politicians and the service of their families?

"Childhood Asthma". Meanwhile he was a lifeguard, played college football, and was on the track team.

And yes, I dismiss your entire claim in this because of how you react to another President who had health issues that were disqualifiers. In reality, you do not really give a damn about the conditions, all that matters to you is if they have the (D) or (R) after their name, and that is all you need to make up your mind.

Myself, to be honest I did not vote for either one, do not really like either one. But I judge them both equally, and without that political nonsense to sway how I view them in this situation. But to you, it really is all about politics.

And that is probably why you do not realize how many of us are laughing at you behind your back.

My only point was that Biden could not be proved a draft dodger as was claimed. I never claimed Trump was a draft dodger. You can't refute anything I said. That's all that's in play here. Your attempt to divert to other subject is just that, a diversion from the fact of the matter.

I would have thought this story being about a Navy Cadet and pro football, nobody could insert Trump in a crybaby fashion.

Amazingly, I was wrong.

Trump inserted himself into everything about what had nothing to do with him. He deserves the insertion because of the alike comparison and returning the compliment.

Trump inserted himself into everything about what had nothing to do with him. He deserves the insertion because of the alike comparison and returning the compliment.
Some people are so obsessed with Trump that they can find any excuse to whine about him. Is is pathetic.

And he might be a great officer some day, but at the end of the day, the Navy is a joke. The only people who sign up for the Navy are those who want to think they were in the military but didn't want to actually go fight.
That is one of the dumber posts I have seen in quite a while. Well done.

braindrain personally insulting another poster — no shock there
Linc still being butt hurt because I call out his BS. No surprise there.

And I didn't insult the poster I insulted his post. The one where he claimed the Navy is a joke. The only people who sign up for the Navy are those who want to think they were in the military but didn't want to actually go fight. Which is a stupid claim. It's why I called it what it was.

Sorry you can't see that over you butthurt

braindrain personally insulting another poster — no shock there

To be honest, the one he is responding to is a moron.

Myself, I spent 10 years as a Marine, and 14+ as a Soldier. I have never disrespected any branch of service, never will. To me, all serve in the branch they felt called to join.

AC acts like a fool, disparaging any who did not join his branch of choice. Which automatically makes me consider him a clown, and not worth paying attention to. Those of us above the rank of E-3 recognize that we need all branches, and all areas to do our mission. To be honest, I think about what he says about as seriously as I do the E-2 that was meritoriously promoted out of MCRD as an E-2. Means nothing, once they actually hit the fleet and try to tell an E-1 that had been there for 6 months what to do.

Kinley got cut by the Bucs today, so unless another team signs him, he'll begin his Naval commitment shortly.

Beau served for 13 years, and was a Major in the National Guard when he died of a brain tumor in 2015.

Hunter was indeed direct commissioned in 2013, and needed waivers for age, income, prior injuries, and prior drug use. He was sworn in at the White House by his father. And a month later was indeed on his way out after popping hot for cocaine. This was a major "smoke pit" conversation for all of us in my unit, both when he joined, then weeks later when the news broke he had pissed hot.

Then after, he walked right into the board of BHR, then Burisma.

Mostly, I feel sorry for his family. This dude has been a train wreck for over a decade. Even old Billy Carter was not this embarrassing to his family.
None of which excuses Trump for being the worst kind of presidential trash the office has ever witnessed.

None of which excuses Trump for being the worst kind of presidential trash the office has ever witnessed.
Your TDS is really hard core. How many different threads that have nothing to do with trump are you going to spam with you trump hate.
Look thankfully that clown is no longer our president. You can stop letting him live rent free in your head. It will all be ok.

Your TDS is really hard core. How many different threads that have nothing to do with trump are you going to spam with you trump hate.
Look thankfully that clown is no longer our president. You can stop letting him live rent free in your head. It will all be ok.
The truth is hard for you to take is it not? I am not spamming. You will face the mirror whether you like it or not.

The truth is hard for you to take is it not? I am not spamming. You will face the mirror whether you like it or not.
When you go from thread to thread with the same off topic rant what else would you call it. Just because trump was the worst president in US history doesn’t mean you need to let him live rent free in your head.

I face the mirror just fine.

When you go from thread to thread with the same off topic rant what else would you call it. Just because trump was the worst president in US history doesn’t mean you need to let him live rent free in your head.

I face the mirror just fine.
There is no off topic rant whatsoever. The rookie will survive just fine. And, yes, you are so right that Trump was the worst president in US history.

Glad you caught on.

Back
Top Bottom