• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bucs rookie Cameron Kinley told by Navy he can't play this season: 'My childhood dream ... taken away'

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
After four years as a standout at the U.S. Naval Academy, Cameron Kinley signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in May as an undrafted rookie free agent. But when the Bucs start mandatory minicamp Tuesday, Kinley won't be there. He will instead be required to immediately commission for the rank of ensign.

Dude, you made a commitment to the Navy.....own it and play after you finish your active duty.
You are not the first, and you wont be the last.

Napoleon McCullum, David Robinson, Roger Staubach...precedents have been set for decades. Military grads have to serve their armed services commitment before going pro.

After four years as a standout at the U.S. Naval Academy, Cameron Kinley signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in May as an undrafted rookie free agent. But when the Bucs start mandatory minicamp Tuesday, Kinley won't be there. He will instead be required to immediately commission for the rank of ensign.

Dude, you made a commitment to the Navy.....own it and play after you finish your active duty.
You are not the first, and you wont be the last.
If he's going to whine and cry about the consequences of his choices...perhaps he's not suitable Officer material. Maybe the Navy should cut him loose, bill him for his education and chalk it up to a bad decision for thinking he would be an asset to the Armed Forces.

I mean, it's not like the Navy is going to get a lot of benefit from his temporary service before he "retires" to play pro ball.

Is the guy an idiot?

If he's going to whine and cry about the consequences of his choices...perhaps he's not suitable Officer material. Maybe the Navy should cut him loose, bill him for his education and chalk it up to a bad decision for thinking he would be an asset to the Armed Forces.

I mean, it's not like the Navy is going to get a lot of benefit from his temporary service before he "retires" to play pro ball.

Then, like "bone spurs" Trump, the crybaby would get his way by acting poorly and not taking responsibility.

~this isn't about Trump~

the crybaby would get his way by acting poorly and not taking responsibility.
It's not up to the Navy to teach "taking responsibility".

Let the crybaby go. The Navy doesn't need him.

btw, the NFL might decide THEY don't need a crybaby, either.

Napoleon McCullum, David Robinson, Roger Staubach...precedents have been set for decades. Military grads have to serve their armed services commitment before going pro.

Staubach was great. In an era of Joe Namath and "loose" morals among players, he was super straight. So, a sports reporter asked him about being so straight while all the players were swingers. He replied "I don't do anything different then they do. I just do it with one woman (his wife)." Hilarious.

Then, like "bone spurs" Trump, the crybaby would get his way by acting poorly and not taking responsibility.

Or another college football player and lifeguard, who used "childhood asthma" to get out of service, maybe?

14d0b72a-71ec-4014-9892-1069c86c1b63-JW.jpg

You mean like draft dodger Asthma Joe Biden and one of his Cokehead sons, don't you?

You mean like draft dodger Asthma Joe Biden and one of his Cokehead sons, don't you?

OK, to be fair, one of Joe Biden's sons did serve in the Navy.

For less than a year, he just really liked his nose candy.

I always laugh, in that if a person served or not is only of interest to the Democrats, and only matters if the person in question is a Republican.

Myself, I never cared much one way or another. Never cared for Trump, don't care much for Biden either. But seeing how one is completely ignored and the other gets so much hate tells me a lot about those that obsess over it. And that it is actually more about their political bias and obsession than the person themselves.

OK, to be fair, one of Joe Biden's sons did serve in the Navy.

For less than a year, he just really liked his nose candy.

I always laugh, in that if a person served or not is only of interest to the Democrats, and only matters if the person in question is a Republican.

Myself, I never cared much one way or another. Never cared for Trump, don't care much for Biden either. But seeing how one is completely ignored and the other gets so much hate tells me a lot about those that obsess over it. And that it is actually more about their political bias and obsession than the person themselves.
Actually...I think it was a month after he was direct commissioned when he popped hot on a wizz quiz.

Actually...I think it was a month after he was direct commissioned when he popped hot on a wizz quiz.

That is about right, but I did not want to bother to look up how long Hunter was actually in. I just remember they made a huge deal about it when he joined, and his being booted out was rather quiet.

But even then, there was a lot of questions going around about how he was even able to join in the first place, if not for political influence.

That is about right, but I did not want to bother to look up how long Hunter was actually in. I just remember they made a huge deal about it when he joined, and his being booted out was rather quiet.

But even then, there was a lot of questions going around about how he was even able to join in the first place, if not for political influence.
IIRC, he needed a few wavier's and , and the speculation at the time was that his Dad wanted him to have military cred like his brother for a possible future in politics without the risk of actual combat.....some kind of staff job.

IIRC, he needed a few wavier's and , and the speculation at the time was that his Dad wanted him to have military cred like his brother for a possible future in politics without the risk of actual combat.....some kind of staff job.

Beau served for 13 years, and was a Major in the National Guard when he died of a brain tumor in 2015.

Hunter was indeed direct commissioned in 2013, and needed waivers for age, income, prior injuries, and prior drug use. He was sworn in at the White House by his father. And a month later was indeed on his way out after popping hot for cocaine. This was a major "smoke pit" conversation for all of us in my unit, both when he joined, then weeks later when the news broke he had pissed hot.

Then after, he walked right into the board of BHR, then Burisma.

Mostly, I feel sorry for his family. This dude has been a train wreck for over a decade. Even old Billy Carter was not this embarrassing to his family.

Beau served for 13 years, and was a Major in the National Guard when he died of a brain tumor in 2015.

Hunter was indeed direct commissioned in 2013, and needed waivers for age, income, prior injuries, and prior drug use. He was sworn in at the White House by his father. And a month later was indeed on his way out after popping hot for cocaine. This was a major "smoke pit" conversation for all of us in my unit, both when he joined, then weeks later when the news broke he had pissed hot.

Mostly, I feel sorry for his family. This dude has been a train wreck for over a decade. Even old Billy Carter was not this embarrassing to his family.

Drug addiction is a terrible thing.

You have any “Billy Beer” left?

Sheeeeeeit!

Or another college football player and lifeguard, who used "childhood asthma" to get out of service, maybe?

I don’t recognize the guy in the photo, but when I went out for freshman (high school) football, my brother said I could use his old helmet. It also had the Roswell vibe going on.

He signed up for the academy, which is very difficult to get into, and you have to go straight past potato and make it about Trump?

Some deserving individual was denied that spot.

Actually, Staubach served in Vietnam before playing in the FFL. McCullum played for the Raiders while serving the Navy in Oakland, and Robinson was too tall to pursue a career at sea.

Did pay off a doctor too?

He signed up for the academy, which is very difficult to get into, and you have to go straight past potato and make it about Trump?

Some deserving individual was denied that spot.

The New York Military Academy. Surely, him being a hard-working student is what got him in.

I don’t recognize the guy in the photo, but when I went out for freshman (high school) football, my brother said I could use his old helmet. It also had the Roswell vibe going on.

#30 is President Joe BIden, and the University of Delaware. After his deferment for "childhood asthma".

It's not up to the Navy to teach "taking responsibility".

Let the crybaby go. The Navy doesn't need him.

btw, the NFL might decide THEY don't need a crybaby, either.

I've never heard uttered 'It's not up to the Navy to teach "taking responsibility".' considering the fact that is exactly what they, and all the armed forces, do. Maybe you can argue that in society it's not up to them, but it is what they do. Please clarify.

I don't know what you're talking about. You rarely provide any evidence to support what you say.

I don't know what you're talking about. You rarely provide any evidence to support what you say.

It is always interesting how some people join this political forum, while having virtually no knowledge of political topics and are absolutely determined not to learn anything such as you in your message. Joe Biden avoiding the draft by claiming he has asthma is no secret.

Back
Top Bottom