• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buckle Down, It's about to get Hot!

I guess you can stop by the Piggly Wiggly and pick up a sack of ice to sit on!

I found a little trick the other day. Squirt cold water on my jugular. I cools you down almost as much as soaking your head, but you can do it while moving. Soaking your head only at the stops.

I've also begun watching Mt Everest climbing expeditions on my free time. You know, to watch people freeze and stuff.

One of the really strange things about the whole AGW observations,
is that daytime highs have almost not changed at all in the US.
Analysis of diurnal air temperature range change in the continental United States
As demonstrated in Fig. 1, the annual mean maximum air temperature has a slightly increasing trend at 0.002848 °C/yr,
but the annual mean minimum air temperature is rising at a much faster rate, 0.007506 °C/yr.
It is the nighttime lows that are mostly (72%) responsible for the increase in average temperatures.

6 hours to ride 100 miles. BUt most of that is in the shade.

My ride home from work is 30 miles. It takes it little under 2 hours. The only shade on that stretch is uphill. Hottest part of the day too. I can only do a few days in a row when the weather is over 90.

Extreme poverty?

No. Just crazy

I had an employee like that, he actual had a car but almost always rode 5 miles each way rain or shine.

Anyways, almost all of SD is supposed to be above 100 tomorrow, that is something.

I had an employee like that, he actual had a car but almost always rode 5 miles each way rain or shine.

Anyways, almost all of SD is supposed to be above 100 tomorrow, that is something.

I ride 50 miles round trip. It's a nice work out. I drove today though.

I started seeing warnings about this last WED.

One hopes people expected it.

Time to visit Canada!

It sounds bad, but this summer is no worse than many other summers, and quite a bit better than some.

This one reminds me of the Summer in 2012. We had a string of about twenty 90 degree days back then too.

This one reminds me of the Summer in 2012. We had a string of about twenty 90 degree days back then too.
Yea, I have really bad ones in my memory also, 1980 was very bad, I was in Waco, and I think we had 30 days over 100 in a row.
getting in your car was like getting into an oven. (No AC in the car I had back then)

Yea, I have really bad ones in my memory also, 1980 was very bad, I was in Waco, and I think we had 30 days over 100 in a row.
getting in your car was like getting into an oven. (No AC in the car I had back then)

We had some really bad ones in Nashville. Less heat than super humidity. You simply could not breathe for about a week. I used to run back then. I had to do it at 6 AM or after 9PM. And, even then it felt like running through soup and breathing through a cloth. I do not miss that at all.

No one is. They human body can not function for long in those conditions, particularly in open sunshine and if engaged in any form of physical activity. Drink, drink and drink more water.

You blood has to thin to enjoy hot weather.

I ride 50 miles round trip. It's a nice work out. I drove today though.

I have a friend who rides 130 miles over the weekend in 100 degree weather with elevation gain. It takes some getting use to.

I read the other day that San Antonio was going to be in triple digits next week. I imagine Houston will get there too, plus they will have much higher humidity.

Midwest temps are right there with them. St Louis and KC are all showing 100-plus next week. Even places as far North as Fargo are looking at 90-plus.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would live in Fargo.

We've hit 100 here in SA. In July. We're all very shocked by this. It's like... it hasn't happened in a year or something.

We've hit 100 here in SA. In July. We're all very shocked by this. It's like... it hasn't happened in a year or something.

Are you my sister in law by chance?

Back
Top Bottom