• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buchanen Nails it... Ryan Must Step Down

you guys spent several weeks running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out who would be the new speakers of the house...and that took place all of six months ago.

Who do you think should take over the position in his place? Or are you guys really just angling for that whole "lose the presidency, senate and house" this year so that you don't have to make those tough decisions?
rotflol...
You should be cheering for Trump being nominated... But you're not... And it's obvious why.

Just because he left the part doesn't mean he doesn't have a vested interest in party politics. There are a lot of independents who left both major parties because they're tired of the same old song n' dance.

And I bet you think they are following the donald ....................:giggle1:

All of a sudden, he wants to be cute,” Donald Trump said at a rally in Eugene, Oregon, on Friday, on the subject of Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House. “But, you know, we’ll see.” The day before, Ryan had said that he was “not there right now” when it came to endorsing Trump for the Presidency. Not long before that, he had said that he would support his party’s nominee, whoever that might be. But by Friday that was presumptively, prohibitively Trump. Ryan, speaking to Jake Tapper on CNN about the “standards” that the standard-bearer would be expected to uphold, seemed to be trying to present himself as their clear-eyed, upright embodiment. Trump, talking about Ryan, sounded like the mob boss in a movie, mocking the young D.A. who, despite having made just a few compromises and looked the other way, thinks that he can draw a line somewhere—that he can say no when it really matters, and even lecture the old guy on morality. But Trump isn’t going to make it easy for Ryan to keep his dignity intact. It may be too late for that, anyway
By Monday, Ryan seemed to have grown wary of his status as the man who rebuked Trump. When he spoke to the Journal-Sentinel, he emphasized that he had “never said never” on Trump. He wished, again, that there had been more time for the two of them to connect. “I just want to get to know the guy,” Ryan said.

Donald Trump Doesn’t Make It Easy for Paul Ryan - The New Yorker

Ryan is not stupid, he knows that he does not have the cards.

Don knows it too.

Seriously.

And I bet you think they are following the donald ....................:giggle1:

Well, Donald is awesome, and he talks about stuff and things, and he wants to get rid of all the evil Mexicans and Muslims.......

rotflol...
You should be cheering for Trump being nominated... But you're not... And it's obvious why.
The entire Democrat electorate and Liberals across the land thank the GOP for fielding a Democrat as their candidate, too bad you could not find one that is acceptable outside of a few confused nut jobs that believe their guy would do anything he promised. Oh and the next President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton thanks you but I believe she will save that for her swearing in speech:2rofll:

Well, Donald is awesome, and he talks about stuff and things, and he wants to get rid of all the evil Mexicans and Muslims.......

I know all that but you have to understand some of us just insist on destroying his wondrous image so that he loses and of-course with the ultimate goal of destroying America but keeping the donald from saving us all. I am such a meanie pointing out that the wannabe King has no clothes, but everyone has to have a hobby :mrgreen:

The entire Democrat electorate and Liberals across the land thank the GOP for fielding a Democrat as their candidate, too bad you could not find one that is acceptable outside of a few confused nut jobs that believe their guy would do anything he promised. Oh and the next President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton thanks you but I believe she will save that for her swearing in speech:2rofll:

Yeah, yeah.

Superdelegates Risk a Third Political Party if Bernie Sanders Isn't the Democratic Nominee

The democrats are in a precarious position of their own.

Clinging to this busted meme of yours won't disguise how wrong you've been this entire election. We get it, for the thousandth time. You don't find any of the surviving candidates acceptable, and so you poison the well, salt the fields hoping to claim victory in defeat.

rotflol...

I mean, they should be. He's the one candidate Hilary could beat. :mrgreen:

Yeah, yeah.

Superdelegates Risk a Third Political Party if Bernie Sanders Isn't the Democratic Nominee

The democrats are in a precarious position of their own.

Clinging to this busted meme of yours won't disguise how wrong you've been this entire election. We get it, for the thousandth time. You don't find any of the surviving candidates acceptable, and so you poison the well, salt the fields hoping to claim victory in defeat.

I have no need to "poison the well" Hillary and your boy trump did that all by themselves. Keep dreaming, wake call for you comes in November, if not sooner.

Why do you have to make **** up to justify your views?

As an Independent and having many friends that are also Independents, I can assure you that they are not flocking to the donalds banner, in fact I am hard pressed to even find any donald fans. Is that because that 40% of Conservative's that swallowed the donald hook line and sinker are rarer than some want to admit? Me thinks the donald will look foolish once in November, but I am sure he will do that repeatedly over the next few months as he did the last few, seems to come naturally. Enjoy the Elections, I will at least know what is coming, won't like it but everyone has made their choices on who to run.

:yawn:

Washed up former pol very upset about current politician disagreeing with him, mostly because the current politician has a lot of support inside of his own party, which upsets the washed up one.

Yes, that's an accurate description of Paul Ryan - "washed up" - his run for the whitehouse as Romney's running mate fell flat. Now he's just trying to do what Mitt did and show his sour grapes.

Yes, that's an accurate description of Paul Ryan - "washed up" - his run for the whitehouse as Romney's running mate fell flat. Now he's just trying to do what Mitt did and show his sour grapes.

Yes, the third most powerful man in this country is washed up. :roll:

#1) Pat Buchanen is about as relevant to anything important as Sarah Palin is. He's so nothing it's not even funny anymore.

#2) Most of the true staunch conservatives I know are truly angered by Trump's "take over" of the republican nomination. They feel betrayed and lost at this point in time. So Ryan's reluctance to "jump on board" right away seems highly appropriate, and meaningful at this time. It's probably a wise move.

-edit- Thought the post I was responding to was to tres

Was there something inaccurate in his article?
Or are you a closet Rockerfeller Republican?

Nope, she's likely just a conservative that cares more about policy and principle than bombast and bluntness.

#1) Pat Buchanen is about as relevant to anything important as Sarah Palin is. He's so nothing it's not even funny anymore.

#2) Most of the true staunch conservatives I know are truly angered by Trump's "take over" of the republican nomination. They feel betrayed and lost at this point in time. So Ryan's reluctance to "jump on board" right away seems highly appropriate, and meaningful at this time. It's probably a wise move.

This is typical of those possessing light weight minds... They are presented, in this case an article with brilliant analysis, and then dismiss it with idiotic statements like yours...

Buchanan has forgotten more than you'll know... And Trump WON the primary against 16 rivals. Yes the establishment feels betrayed... And you know what? The electorate who gave the Republicans majorities in the House and Senate to stop Obama feel betrayed.

Enter Trump... Who addressed issues people care about.

Back to betrayal... Ryan is a perfect example... By passing Obama's fantasy Island Budget, and then this crap about not supporting the nominee.

If you read the article... Buchanan illustratates using history... Why Private Ryan just laid a massive turd. Fact is... He can forget the presidency. He just ****ed himself... And for that I give two thumbs up.

I used to like Ryan, but he's proven to be not what he was advertised to be. I hope he gets Cantorized.

Nice try... And you're proving yourself to be dim.

1. Illegal invaders... Most being Mexican.

2. Muslims are responsible for a massive number of terrorist acts in Western countries. We don't get them properly vetted, and we're letting masses in.

Isn't job #1 the protection of the citizens against enemies foreign and domestic?

Shouldn't we find out who is here?

With 94 million unemployed... Shouldn't we take care of our own first? Or do you find it OK that we are funding this illegal invasion?

[emoji38] Paul Ryan is Speaker of the House, third in line for the Presidency, and the most powerful Republican holding office. But you keep trying :).

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

:yawn:

Washed up former pol very upset about current politician disagreeing with him, mostly because the current politician has a lot of support inside of his own party, which upsets the washed up one.

Trumpkins' responses over the past week or so has been interesting: "Unite with us, you loser morons!". :lol: okedoke, pal, GFY. :) They want to declare war against PC and claim the right to throw bombs left and right... but then also demand a Safe Space and that no one speak ill of their Special Snowflake Status.

The hysterical overreaction-tantrum over saying he wasn't ready at this point to endorse Trump is indicative. The proper response is to reach out to convince him - to unify the party, as Trump claimed he would do.

But that's not how Personality Cults work. Any hint of deviation or lack of obsequious obedience to the Masterful Father must be met with fury.

If Buchanan wants to try to kick conservatives out of the GOP :shrug: He left the party some time ago. Let him bang his sippy cup and scream.

what planet do you live on man,RONALD REAGAN would not be conservative enough for today's right wing of the republican party ,so you are for throwing out over ten million voter's votes,man i am a vet and i support the constitution,you might want to get over it,the republican party will be TRUMP's hell it is now.
from one vet to another ,the only moron here is you man.

run don run

what planet do you live on man,RONALD REAGAN would not be conservative enough for today's right wing of the republican party ,so you are for throwing out over ten million voter's votes,man i am a vet and i support the constitution,you might want to get over it,the republican party will be TRUMP's hell it is now.
from one vet to another ,the only moron here is you man.

run don run

If you supported the Constitution, then Trump would be as anathema to you as any other Democrat. The GOP is bigger than any man or woman - Trumps fan base may be built on a personality cult, but the rest of us meant it when we said we believed that ****.

This isn't about a status as a vet, but if that's how you approach things, I'd like to know what you think of this draft dodger mocking POW's. You know that empty table in every chow hall? He thinks they're losers. How do you feel about him collecting money "for the vets", but then keeping it himself? How do you feel supporting a man who implied on stage that you lacked the moral courage not to murder women and children if he told you to do it? When I signed up, we called people who did **** like that "terrorists", and we killed them.

As a vet, the rush to proto-fascism I've seen in this cycle is the first thing to ever make me think that maybe this country isn't worth the sacrifices we made for her. That's how I see the Trump movement "as a vet". Trump himself? I had my beefs with McCain, but when he was calling to up the Surge, his son was a LCpl infantryman in Iraq. I don't recall hearing about any of the effite, orange-faced, trust-fund-baby's kids ever serving. He's a childish bully, a whiny narcissist, who would have gotten the **** kicked out of him in the Fleet, and then left to stand interior guard the whole deployment.

In the meantime, Buchanan can go back to banging his sippy cup and pitching a fit about How Dare Anyone Not Fall Down Before My God King for the enjoyment of the Believers. No one who opposed Trump is going to be convinced by him, and that's not who he speaks to anyway.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If Mr. Trump accepts a penny from the "GOP donor class" he's going to go down in history as one of the biggest lying hypocrites to ever run for that office - and that's saying a lot. And his devoted supporters will forever be known as the biggest pack of fools to cast a ballot.

He already is one of the biggest lying hypocrites ever to run for that office. And his supporters are known now as the biggest pack of fools to cast a ballot.

Back
Top Bottom