• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bryan Adams Cancels Mississippi Show Over State's 'Religious Freedom' Law

Ahlevah

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Meanwhile:

This coming from the same Bryan Adams who recently tweeted about a concert he gave in Egypt, a nation which sentenced two men to three years in jail for getting married to each other in 2015.

Celebs punishing conservatives: Bryan Adams does shows in Egypt, but cancels Mississippi | BizPac Review

What a schmuck.

Moral equivalence for thee not for me is a liberal staple.

Moral equivalence for thee not for me is a liberal staple.

:roll:

Given how many GOP politicians sign anti-gay legislation with one hand whilst jerking someone off with the other, maybe you should cut the "DERP LIBERAL" crap and understand that it's a human staple.

Not surprising. There will be plenty of things like this because of Mississippi foolishness. We all knew there would be economic consequences, no sense in bitching about it now.

Why yes conservatives never exhibit this behavior!

It does amuse me when some right winger drones on and on about "typical liberal" this and "liberal staple" that, as if conservatives are pure as the driven ****ing snow and are incapable of human failings. You know you can pretty much tune out anyone who spouts off that kind of idiocy.

Meanwhile:

What a schmuck.

If you see a not-so-good guy - who still does some bad stuff - do some good stuff too, you want to encourage him. If you see a good guy who does good stuff start doing bad stuff that he wasn't doing before, you want to discourage him.

Same principle applies. You can't have the same expectations for all people, much less all nations.

Uhhh no man he's still around.

i will not being listening to him, but the reason is different then you think,

adams is using his fame and concert, to act as a collective power to change law, this would be the same if he used the same power to get a law made.

our federal government is bought and paid for because collectives lobby our government to get laws made in their interest, and this is no different

collectivism in law is an evil thing.

Uhhh no man he's still around.

The absolute horror of not being able to see "Cuts Like a Knife" performed live. How will the Mississippians cope?

I am all for economic boycotts but Bryan Adam's really???????

The next thing you know Adam Ant will be cancelling his concerts in Mississippi which will cause 10's of people to be angry.

:roll:

Given how many GOP politicians sign anti-gay legislation with one hand whilst jerking someone off with the other, maybe you should cut the "DERP LIBERAL" crap and understand that it's a human staple.

If he did that, he'd have nothing to say.

The absolute horror of not being able to see "Cuts Like a Knife" performed live. How will the Mississippians cope?

I am all for economic boycotts but Bryan Adam's really???????

The next thing you know Adam Ant will be cancelling his concerts in Mississippi which will cause 10's of people to be angry.

i wonder how many people of the state legislature are crying in their pillows tonight over him not performing

I wonder how many liberals would be protesting if the US repealed anti-discrimination laws all together.

But we want to force people to serve us!

i wonder how many people of the state legislature are crying in their pillows tonight over him not performing

That misses the point. State legislature made a choice with a predictable economic consequence, it damn near proves the very problem with social conservatism and government conservatism. They may be okay with that consequence, but it means less choice for people in Mississippi who may have wanted to see Bryan Adams. Now they will have to go elsewhere to see that.

That misses the point. State legislature made a choice with a predictable economic consequence, it damn near proves the very problem with social conservatism and government conservatism. They may be okay with that consequence, but it means less choice for people in Mississippi who may have wanted to see Bryan Adams. Now they will have to go elsewhere to see that.

i don't see the legislature crying, but regular people though sales and enjoying the concert mad.

Come on there has to be some closet Bryan Adam's fans out there. He wouldn't be on tour if there weren't. I am betting there are at least 10 state legislatures waiting to wear the hell out acid washed straight legged jeans, high tops and backward baseball caps....although I have seen the latter making a comeback...why I have no idea.

Not surprising. There will be plenty of things like this because of Mississippi foolishness. We all knew there would be economic consequences, no sense in bitching about it now.

Actually, this is entirely the fault of LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ whack jobs suing to force people to serve them against their will, and contrary to freedom of religion. Not, "Mississippi foolishness". :roll:

Come on there has to be some closet Bryan Adam's fans out there. He wouldn't be on tour if there weren't. I am betting there are at least 10 state legislatures waiting to wear the hell out acid washed straight legged jeans, high tops and backward baseball caps....although I have seen the latter making a comeback...why I have no idea.

hey, why are you making me :lol:, did you know i needed it...thank you!

i don't see the legislature crying, but regular people though sales and enjoying the concert mad.

They probably won't be upset by this. Mississippi, and other states for that matter, seem okay with trading economic activity for making this political point.

I find it sad that this is where we are. In this case Mississippi did this to themselves.

I wonder how many liberals would be protesting if the US repealed anti-discrimination laws all together.

But we want to force people to serve us!

What a crock. Nobody is forcing anyone. If you want to open a restaurant to white people only just make the John Birch Dinner Club. Have bylaws and a membership roll. In other words if you want to be a bigot you still can you just have to make your business a private club. Easy Peasy Jap...oops probably not best cliche to use on this subject.

They probably won't be upset by this. Mississippi, and other states for that matter, seem okay with trading economic activity for making this political point.

I find it sad that this is where we are. In this case Mississippi did this to themselves.

well i believe in state powers, and the rights of people..association, commerce, and property

adams is trying to act an a collective, and i hate collectives who work to create or change law.

What a crock. Nobody is forcing anyone. If you want to open a restaurant to white people only just make the John Birch Dinner Club. Have bylaws and a membership roll. In other words if you want to be a bigot you still can you just have to make your business a private club. Easy Peasy Jap...oops probably not best cliche to use on this subject.

I don't want to bake you a cake.

Ok, I'll sue.

Court rules in the favor of the customer.

Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom