• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brunswick Stew

How do you like your Brunswick Stew

• So thick it takes a fork

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Soupy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In between

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Brunswick Stew is for Commie Bastards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fisher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
We did our first Brunswick Stew buy of the season. It was okay flavor-wise, but was way too soupy with way few ingredients. It was more like Bean and Bacon soup with some shredded chicken and a few pieces of beef. So here it is, how do you like your Brunswick Stew?

We did our first Brunswick Stew buy of the season. It was okay flavor-wise, but was way too soupy with way few ingredients. It was more like Bean and Bacon soup with some shredded chicken and a few pieces of beef. So here it is, how do you like your Brunswick Stew?

I have tried several recipes for Brunswick stew... Total failure.. or else I just don't like it. I prefer catfish stew (red or white) of a light fish stew made with flounder.

I'm not familiar with Brunswick Stew, but since it's a stew I went with in between.

I'm not familiar with Brunswick Stew, but since it's a stew I went with in between.

Shoot, I left "I am a commie bastard who has never had it" off my poll. :mrgreen:

I have tried several recipes for Brunswick stew... Total failure.. or else I just don't like it. I prefer catfish stew (red or white) of a light fish stew made with flounder.

I hate fish stew unless you are talking shellfish. Makes me think I am drinking aquarium water :vomit:

I hate fish stew unless you are talking shellfish. Makes me think I am drinking aquarium water :vomit:

Lowcountry fish stew is a bit of bacon in the pot.. add celery, onions, bell pepper and garlic and a bay leaf.. plus Tabasco and a little chicken stock.. Add crushed tomatoes.

Cut flounder in chunks.. flour lightly with salt and pepper and fry until partially cooked. Drain and dry.

Add back to the "soup".. and simmer for 15 minutes.

You will like it.. its simple, light and fragrant... not fishy.

I made a batch this past week. Squirrel backs, onion, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, lima beans, purplehull peas, okra, catsup for flavor and cornmeal to thicken...QUITE tasty!

I made a batch this past week. Squirrel backs, onion, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, lima beans, purplehull peas, okra, catsup for flavor and cornmeal to thicken...QUITE tasty!

I cooked smothered squirrel for my boys once.. It was a huge hit.

Lowcountry fish stew is a bit of bacon in the pot.. add celery, onions, bell pepper and garlic and a bay leaf.. plus Tabasco and a little chicken stock.. Add crushed tomatoes.

Cut flounder in chunks.. flour lightly with salt and pepper and fry until partially cooked. Drain and dry.

Add back to the "soup".. and simmer for 15 minutes.

You will like it.. its simple, light and fragrant... not fishy.

Thanks but I will pass.

That is vile..squirrels are tree rats......

Tasty rats if you cook them decently

Squirrels and rabbits are too cute to eat. :(

The broth shouldn't be thick - it's more soupy, but there's so many ingredients in the soup that you almost have to eat it with a fork. I live in Brunswick, and there are a thousand different recipes for Brunswick Stew. Everybody says there's is the best. Just a matter of taste. I'm not a huge fan because every time I've eaten it, it tasted too ketchupy.

Back
Top Bottom