• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law'[W:163]

Scrabaholic

certified batshit crazy
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bruce Springsteen is the latest to shun North Carolina over its so-called "bathroom law."

The legendary musician announced Friday that his upcoming show in Greensboro, North Carolina, has been canceled in "solidarity" with those protesting the measure.

Springsteen and his E Street Band were slated to perform at the Greensboro Coliseum this Sunday. The roughly 15,000 ticketholders will all be eligible for a refund.

The newly enacted law requires individuals to use bathrooms that correspond to the gender on their birth certificate, and has drawn fierce criticism for excluding legal protections from gay and transgender people.

Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law' - Apr. 8, 2016

===============================================

Good for the Boss! I hope other entertainers and businesses that were going to perform/do business in NC do the same thing.

Once transgenders have the surgery, they should be using the washroom corresponding to their new gender.

Bruce Springsteen cancels N.C. show over anti-LGBT law

The LBGT community in North Carolina just got a big show of solidarity from none other than Bruce Springsteen.
The rock icon announced Friday on hisofficial website that he is canceling Sunday's scheduled show in Greensboro to protest the state's newly passed House Bill 2 — dubbed the "bathroom law" — which dictates which public restrooms may be used by transgender individuals and prevents LBGT individuals to sue over human rights violations in the workplace.

"Taking all of this into account," he wrote, "I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th."

As Springsteen asked fans' forgiveness, he urged them to see the bigger picture.
"Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them," he observed. "It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards."

Read more @: Bruce Springsteen cancels N.C. show over anti-LGBT law

Just saw Springsteen recently. Always a great show. But none the less, this is a great move of solidarity from a very talented musician! The backlash against the anti-LGBTQ, HB 2, continues :applaud:applaud

Re: Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law'

Hmmm, I wonder why he wanted to use the women's restroom.

Re: Bruce Springsteen cancels N.C. show over anti-LGBT law

Who cares? That dude is a liberal windbag that hasn't made good music in decades.

You have got to be kidding.

Cancelling a 15,000 person concert for this crap?

Bruce Springsteen is the latest to shun North Carolina over its so-called "bathroom law."

The legendary musician announced Friday that his upcoming show in Greensboro, North Carolina, has been canceled in "solidarity" with those protesting the measure.

Springsteen and his E Street Band were slated to perform at the Greensboro Coliseum this Sunday. The roughly 15,000 ticketholders will all be eligible for a refund.

The newly enacted law requires individuals to use bathrooms that correspond to the gender on their birth certificate, and has drawn fierce criticism for excluding legal protections from gay and transgender people.

Bruce Springsteen cancels North Carolina concert over 'bathroom law' - Apr. 8, 2016

Good for the Boss! I hope other entertainers and businesses that were going to perform/do business in NC do the same thing.

Once transgenders have the surgery, they should be using the washroom corresponding to their new gender.

Sweet! First PayPal, now this!

And the heartbreaking buzzer-beater against UNC could not have come at a better time. :)

So why should anyone care? What has he done since the eighties that could be considered good?

I get the transgender thing... but wtf does homosexuality have to do with the bathroom?

this country is losing it's ****ing mind with bull**** issues like this.

over 200 years and somehow we muddled though using public restrooms with no problems... now it's an issue all of a sudden... an issue so big literally millions of dollars are in play over it.

holy christ.... just make all the restrooms in the country gender free restrooms with self closing lids on the toilets and glass walls..... we can all piss together in harmony, for ****s sake.
but for the love of god, enough with all this petty bull****.

Sweet! First PayPal, now this!

And the heartbreaking buzzer-beater against UNC could not have come at a better time. :)

That would mean you have about 400 jobs and a has been. Yeah, not saying much for your case here.

Bet he just lost a ton of fans..

Bet he just lost a ton of fans..

How many does he even have left that are interested in going to his shows?

Reminds me of Laura ingrahams book, "Shut Up and Sing".

Maybe she'll send him an autographed copy.

So why should anyone care? What has he done since the eighties that could be considered good?

Seems like the way this thread is exploding, people care. :)

P.S. Our Republican governor had the decency to veto our own hate bill, and now we're using that as leverage to draw businesses from Miss Sippy and North Carolina! :thumbs:

I get the transgender thing... but wtf does homosexuality have to do with the bathroom?

this country is losing it's ****ing mind with bull**** issues like this.

over 200 years and somehow we muddled though using public restrooms with no problems... now it's an issue all of a sudden... an issue so big literally millions of dollars are in play over it.

holy christ.... just make all the restrooms in the country gender free restrooms with self closing lids on the toilets and glass walls..... we can all piss together in harmony, for ****s sake.
but for the love of god, enough with all this petty bull****.

I agree. The law is pretty pathetic.

Seems like the way this thread is exploding, people care. :)

P.S. Our Republican governor had the decency to veto our own hate bill, and now we're using that as leverage to draw businesses from Miss Sippy and North Carolina! :thumbs:

Really, who so far has shown they care about Bruce Springsteen? Do you care about Bruce Springsteen? I bet you can't tell me what his new album is called without googling it.

The greatest rock artist of our time stands tall tho support his beliefs. As a life long Springsteen fan who has seen him many times, its unfortunate that thousands of devoted fans will not get the gift of seeing his incredible show. Some tapes of live shows on Sirius lately from the current tour show he is in fine voice .

But he believes in this cause and will fight for it.

I have to admire the man for than even though most of my own thoughts on the issue itself are not on the side he is on.

It s great to see a rich artist stand for principle.

Gov. Christie cares about Springsteen .

The greatest rock artist of our time stands tall tho support his beliefs. As a life long Springsteen fan who has seen him many times, its unfortunate that thousands of devoted fans will not get the gift of seeing his incredible show. Some tapes of live shows on Sirius lately from the current tour show he is in fine voice .

But he believes in this cause and will fight for it.

I have to admire the man for than even though most of my own thoughts on the issue itself are not on the side he is on.

It s great to see a rich artist stand for principle.

He had something like three good albums throughout his career. That isn't exactly a huge number or anything.

So he gives to charities? That makes him worthy of note how? You do realize that many people give to charities, right?

You are working WAAAAY too hard at not caring.... ;)

One legendary rocker who is in the Rock Hall of Fame may not mean much to you, but as more out of state attractions cancel I think it will mean something to the toilet police.... :peace

He had something like three good albums throughout his career. That isn't exactly a huge number or anything.

Since musical taste is so subjective and so different its enough to say we differ on our assessment of Springsteen.

Since musical taste is so subjective and so different its enough to say we differ on our assessment of Springsteen.

Who said anything about musical taste? Only about three of his albums were really successful.

So he gives to charities? That makes him worthy of note how? You do realize that many people give to charities, right?

You asked what he has done since the 80's that could be considered good. I answered.

Back
Top Bottom