• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bruce Rauner wins close GOP primary in Illinois.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Alright.....the Republicans have who will be taking on Quinn. Note the Democrats think Quinn and Illinois is a Weak link in their book. Oberweis won and will Challenge Durbin who is favored heavily to win his seat back. The Positive with the Repub is he has the money to make Durbin and the Democrats swet. This guy is also for term limits and wants to try and run with it. Quinn can be beaten and believe it or not.....even the Dems base around here are tired of all the Corruption that comes with their Party here, plus the state has had its credit down graded again. Its losing business and people are moving out. Which don't count the Billions of Dollar pension problem they have here.

Billionaire businessman Bruce Rauner won a closer-than-expected Illinois Republican primary for governor Tuesday night and will face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in the November general election.

Rauner, 57, a first-time candidate who set state campaign finance records by pouring $6 million of his own money into his campaign, narrowly defeated state Sen. Kirk Dillard.

140318_bruce_rauner_gty_605.jpg

Rauner campaigned as an outsider, defeating three Republicans with longtime ties to state government: Dillard, who narrowly lost a 2010 GOP primary for governor, state Treasurer Dan Rutherford and state Sen. Bill Brady, who defeated Dillard four years ago.

In addition to blanketing the state with TV ads, Rauner dissuaded Rep. Aaron Schock from entering the race with a slew of ads targeting the congressman in his Peoria-based district.

Republicans see Quinn as among the most vulnerable Democratic governors in the country, as he was in 2010. He presided over an income tax increase after saying during his previous campaign that he wouldn’t raise taxes. Bill Daley, former White House chief of staff to President Barack Obama, entered the primary against Quinn before dropping out in September.

Quinn and national Democrats are planning to try and turn Rauner into a Mitt Romney-like figure, highlighting unsavory elements of his career in private equity and legal troubles at nursing homes owned by Rauner’s firm. Rauner has played into this image, describing himself as belonging to the “.01 percent” and at one point during the campaign proposing to lower the state’s minimum wage before later saying it should be increased.....snip~

Read more: Bruce Rauner wins close GOP primary in Illinois - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

I refuse to believe that anyone who has BILLIONS of dollars is in anyway an outsider.

Alright.....the Republicans have who will be taking on Quinn. Note the Democrats think Quinn and Illinois is a Weak link in their book. Oberweis won and will Challenge Durbin who is favored heavily to win his seat back. The Positive with the Repub is he has the money to make Durbin and the Democrats swet. This guy is also for term limits and wants to try and run with it. Quinn can be beaten and believe it or not.....even the Dems base around here are tired of all the Corruption that comes with their Party here, plus the state has had its credit down graded again. Its losing business and people are moving out. Which don't count the Billions of Dollar pension problem they have here.

Billionaire businessman Bruce Rauner won a closer-than-expected Illinois Republican primary for governor Tuesday night and will face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in the November general election.

Rauner, 57, a first-time candidate who set state campaign finance records by pouring $6 million of his own money into his campaign, narrowly defeated state Sen. Kirk Dillard.

Rauner campaigned as an outsider, defeating three Republicans with longtime ties to state government: Dillard, who narrowly lost a 2010 GOP primary for governor, state Treasurer Dan Rutherford and state Sen. Bill Brady, who defeated Dillard four years ago.

In addition to blanketing the state with TV ads, Rauner dissuaded Rep. Aaron Schock from entering the race with a slew of ads targeting the congressman in his Peoria-based district.

Republicans see Quinn as among the most vulnerable Democratic governors in the country, as he was in 2010. He presided over an income tax increase after saying during his previous campaign that he wouldn’t raise taxes. Bill Daley, former White House chief of staff to President Barack Obama, entered the primary against Quinn before dropping out in September.

Quinn and national Democrats are planning to try and turn Rauner into a Mitt Romney-like figure, highlighting unsavory elements of his career in private equity and legal troubles at nursing homes owned by Rauner’s firm. Rauner has played into this image, describing himself as belonging to the “.01 percent” and at one point during the campaign proposing to lower the state’s minimum wage before later saying it should be increased.....snip~

Read more: Bruce Rauner wins close GOP primary in Illinois - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

I have a very hard time seeing Quinn getting re-elected. Just too unpopular and it's a midterm year. Madigan should've run if the Democrats wanted to keep the seat. On the other hand I doubt any amount of money will make Durbin sweat. He might be the safest Democrat up for Senate this year.

I refuse to believe that anyone who has BILLIONS of dollars is in anyway an outsider.

Hows that work out with a State and City that always leans left.....and he isn't establishment Republican. So in this case I would have to go with.....yeah, he is an outsider.

I have a very hard time seeing Quinn getting re-elected. Just too unpopular and it's a midterm year. Madigan should've run if the Democrats wanted to keep the seat. On the other hand I doubt any amount of money will make Durbin sweat. He might be the safest Democrat up for Senate this year.

Heya Anagram. :2wave: I heard he wanted his daughter to go for it. But she decided against it.....as she said it didn't look Right. She was Right.

Dillard even had Edgar supporting him.....and he almost pulled it out. Both have a good chance of taking that seat away from the Democrats. The More.....the Better.

Anyone who spends that kind of money can sway a lot of people. You want to impress me, find someone who can't spend 6 million of their own money and see if they can get elected.

If the state and city leans left, then I guess we have to wait for the general election to see if he has convinced the masses.

Hows that work out with a State and City that always leans left.....and he isn't establishment Republican. So in this case I would have to go with.....yeah, he is an outsider.

Anyone who spends that kind of money can sway a lot of people. You want to impress me, find someone who can't spend 6 million of their own money and see if they can get elected.

If the state and city leans left, then I guess we have to wait for the general election to see if he has convinced the masses.

Heya CDA. :2wave: I would.....but then you find me a broke candidate that can win against the Democratic Chicago Machine. I'm willing to use a can opener at this point.
canofworms.gif
.....:lol:

Bite your tongue!

Madigan that POS, he'd take a step down by taking the Gov. Mansion, if he could get it, no one outside Crook County likes his ass..

Yeah, Dick is safe.

It will depend on voter turnout Quinn gets Crook County but by how much will be the decider.

The state with the exception of Cook county Carbondale, and a little swath by Peoria sways deep Right, Cook county is larger than damn near half the states in the union, hard obstacle to surmount...

I'd rather see someon spend their own money, tells me they don't have pay masters (or as many I should say) they have to return favors to..

Bite your tongue!

Madigan that POS, he'd take a step down by taking the Gov. Mansion, if he could get it, no one outside Crook County likes his ass..

Yeah, Dick is safe.

It will depend on voter turnout Quinn gets Crook County but by how much will be the decider.

Heya Chez. :2wave: Yeah I don't think Oberweiss can knock him.....but I do think he can tear Durbin up and make him use up all that money. Keeping him broke going into the Presidential Election.

Heya Chez. :2wave: Yeah I don't think Oberweiss can knock him.....but I do think he can tear Durbin up and make him use up all that money. Keeping him broke going into the Presidential Election.

It would be an upset for the ages. How many times has Moo Moo Man ran now?

It would be an upset for the ages. How many times has Moo Moo Man ran now?

I wonder how many Remember when he was rubbing elbows with Vrdolyak. Who couldn't make up his mind which party he was with.

Bite your tongue!

Yeah, Dick is safe.

I actually meant Lisa Madigan. She'd have probably won. With Quinn's approval rating sometimes below 30% I doubt he has a chance no matter how much he takes Cook by especially in a low turnout midterm.

I wonder how many Remember when he was rubbing elbows with Vrdolyak. Who couldn't make up his mind which party he was with.

Fast Eddie...

You know, I actually liked that guy... didn't bend over like the rest for Hizzoner...(well, he put up a fight at least...)

Fast Eddie...

You know, I actually liked that guy... didn't bend over like the rest for Hizzoner...(well, he put up a fight at least...)

Yeah, Fast Eddie did and no he wouldn't bend over for either Dems or Repubs. Hence his hook up.....he use to visit the bar my Mother owned in Harvey Il.....back in the Day. Then my Grams on East Side next to Hegewich, even before my Mothers place was up.

Yeah, Fast Eddie did and no he wouldn't bend over for either Dems or Repubs. Hence his hook up.....he use to visit the bar my Mother owned in Harvey Il.....back in the Day. Then my Grams on East Side next to Hegewich, even before my Mothers place was up.

Harvey, eh? Ever had Arnie's pizza? Good stuff...

Grandfather retired from Wyman-Gordon..

I actually meant Lisa Madigan. She'd have probably won. With Quinn's approval rating sometimes below 30% I doubt he has a chance no matter how much he takes Cook by especially in a low turnout midterm.

Devil spawn as far as I'm concerned, nepotism at its worst...

Remember Hegewich Records over on Governors? German-Jew running the place? Poor bastard got popped from what I heard, hence the closing shop...

Remember Hegewich Records over on Governors? German-Jew running the place? Poor bastard got popped from what I heard, hence the closing shop...

Yeah he was Gay.....it wasn't the first time he had been hit either. Had the one on Torrence ave in Calumet City/Sin City first.....although I am talking the original owner who use to be a Chicago Cop.

Was known for cruising the strip off State line and State Street, Right there on the Border of Indiana.....Capone's Nephew's turf.

That's all been cleaned up......no More hookers walking round. Bars torn down, Adult Video Store, and the Gogo/topless and Gay Bars. Course the Nephew ran the bikers out a long time ago. After they burned down the Ball of Fire. Then said no more openly wearing colors.

Now that's all there is in Calumet City.....bangers and the entire Suburb has lost whatever appeal it use to have. Been that way since the Nephew left up out of Burnham.

And as usual, I notice that you include all the reasons Quinn is supposedly bad, but fail to really mention any of Rauner's positions. And there's no legitimate way someone spending 6 million of his own money is not part of the system. Not to mention, how embarassing to not have more public support that he had to use 6 million of his own. Anytime I read that a politician does something similar, it only proves to me that our elections are essentially complete fraud.

Yeah he was Gay.....it wasn't the first time he had been hit either. Had the one on Torrence ave in Calumet City/Sin City first.....although I am talking the original owner who use to be a Chicago Cop.

Was known for cruising the strip off State line and State Street, Right there on the Border of Indiana.....Capone's Nephew's turf.

That's all been cleaned up......no More hookers walking round. Bars torn down, Adult Video Store, and the Gogo/topless and Gay Bars. Course the Nephew ran the bikers out a long time ago. After they burned down the Ball of Fire. Then said no more openly wearing colors.

Now that's all there is in Calumet City.....bangers and the entire Suburb has lost whatever appeal it use to have. Been that way since the Nephew left up out of Burnham.

Yeah when I was a kid Cal City was suppose to be nice, but it went down hill, use to go their once a month to Dal Santos, best Italian sausage on the South Side...which if I'm not mistaken opened up shop in Crete...
I forgot about that...damn... might have to go for a visit..

Back
Top Bottom