• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bruce Rauner wins close GOP primary in Illinois.....

I knew you were going to go here. :lamo

VETO:
Latin for "I forbid" – is the power (used by an officer of the state, for example) to unilaterally stop an official action, especially the enactment of legislation.

Yeah and I knew you would try.....like I said TRY, to pull a rabbit out of your Hat.
funny.gif
So now you can explain Why Michael Madigan Controls the State of Illinois and Proved to Quinn who holds the real power.

How that's Veto Power working out for those Democrats and with their own.....now.
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

Why wouldn't the Republican Party and republicans throughout the state fund a challenger? Is it because they know they have nothing to offer?

Say what.....they did, and won 6 times. Even AJiveman here, had that stat. But that doesn't change who runs the Democratic Machine here and this state. Plus the City of Chicago. Which influences those in around them.

From the linked article:

Asked to name any company doing business in the state in which his ownership interest is more than $5,000 or from which he received a dividend of more than $1,200 last year, Rauner presented a three-page list.

That's interesting. He has an ongoing financial interest in state business and now he wants to control the business.

From the linked article:

That's interesting. He has an ongoing financial interest in state business and now he wants to control the business.

But of course, he's an outsider, don'tcha know.

... 6 Mil is a spit in the bucket to this man.

Hopefully, only rich people will vote for him, because as God knows, he is not a poor working person's friend. You can't win elections by telling people who make $8.50 an hour now, that he'd want to turn their wages back to the federal minimum.

I've seen Rauner described as a Romney-like vulture capitalist. Low-wage workers would be crazy to vote for him. He seems likes a job-killer.

Yeah and I knew you would try.....like I said TRY, to pull a rabbit out of your Hat.
funny.gif
So now you can explain Why Michael Madigan Controls the State of Illinois and Proved to Quinn who holds the real power.

How that's Veto Power working out for those Democrats and with their own.....now.
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif
Well, you did say something of Democrats running the show for 75 years, I punched a hole in the lie, I'll leave it at that, people still know how to read and look things up for themselves.

From the linked article:

Yeah and I would think a business guy would be about buisness? Did you forget where Jesse Jackson is from? How about the Daley Family. You know the one that quit being Obama's Chief of Staff to come back here and do nothing.

Oh and lets not forget Rahm Emanuel and his brother and all that Hollywood Money.

Say what.....they did, and won 6 times. Even AJiveman here, had that stat. But that doesn't change who runs the Democratic Machine here and this state. Plus the City of Chicago. Which influences those in around them.

I was thinking of something a bit more recent than a period starting with WWII; such as this election. The Party let Rauner buy the primary and now they're stuck with him. They're going to have support another Romney.

Well, you did say something of Democrats running the show for 75 years, I punched a hole in the lie, I'll leave it at that, people still know how to read and look things up for themselves.

Not quite.....you didn't punch a hole in anything. All you did was show how the Republicans had a governor elected 6 times. But not once ever had control of the state house.

Nor did you even bring up any info on the Democratic Machine.

Which I was being generally light with the number 75 years.

So again I say the Democrats have been running the show at a Minimum of 75 years. Which it is quite clear.....you simply don't have a clue.

Yeah and I would think a business guy would be about buisness ...

Business is not public policy. A successful businessman is not likely to make a good policy-maker because his perspective is skewed. All he can think about is his own welfare not the People's.

I was thinking of something a bit more recent than a period starting with WWII; such as this election. The Party let Rauner buy the primary and now they're stuck with him. They're going to have support another Romney.

Well Brady, Dillard and Rutherford all stated it from the beginning. But then like Joe Walsh has been saying on the Radio. They are taking it to the Establishment Republicans.

Dillard even had Former Governor Edgar supporting him plus the Teachers. Wasn't enough.

Although truthfully around here.....even a Romney would be better than anybody the Democrats have. Still you don't think the Republicans have a chance just because the Demos put word out they think Quinn is vulnerable. He was Vulnerable last time and the Machine would rather back the worst of the worst than let a Republican get in.

Business is not public policy. A successful businessman is not likely to make a good policy-maker because his perspective is skewed. All he can think about is his own welfare not the People's.

Well, do you think the Democrats that got elected with records for any of the State Positions are more Qualified?

IMRF would be CPS Schools Right? Yeah mine never paid into SS. Like you, whatever they don't screw her out of will be her pension and the money she put in.

No, I think CPS falls under there own, CTPF. Suburban school districts (depending, way back in the day I worked for Kirby School Dist. 140 (Tinley Park)and was under IMRF there.. ) and usually public works I know are IMRF.

IMRF so far as I know, or have heard is the best of breed. Get your pension, get your COLA, get your SS, I think though they don't play when it comes to age, you got to be 65 (not 100% sure on that though)

but yeah, I know a lot of people right now who put in their 25-30+ years and are getting the high hat...pisses me off something fierce...

No, I think CPS falls under there own, CTPF. Suburban school districts (depending, way back in the day I worked for Kirby School Dist. 140 (Tinley Park)and was under IMRF there.. ) and usually public works I know are IMRF.

IMRF so far as I know, or have heard is the best of breed. Get your pension, get your COLA, get your SS, I think though they don't play when it comes to age, you got to be 65 (not 100% sure on that though)

but yeah, I know a lot of people right now who put in their 25-30+ years and are getting the high hat...pisses me off something fierce...

Heya Chez.....do you believe this guy thinking because the Repubs had a governor in office he ran the state. Or that Quinn can call shots over Madigan. :lol:

The way it stands now the OL says she doubts she will ever be able to retire.

Heya Chez.....do you believe this guy thinking because the Repubs had a governor in office he ran the state. Or that Quinn can call shots over Madigan. :lol:

The way it stands now the OL says she doubts she will ever be able to retire.

If you ain't from Illinois than you don't know Illinois...;)

Screw dat.... I'm half a mind away from setting up shop on a Gulfside beach in Florida selling hotdogs out of a sterno fueled pot...

Hell or high water, 58 and I'm done. (This doesn't mean I'll let the OL off so easy...haha...)

If you ain't from Illinois than you don't know Illinois...;)

Screw dat.... I'm half a mind away from setting up shop on a Gulfside beach in Florida selling hotdogs out of a sterno fueled pot...

Hell or high water, 58 and I'm done. (This doesn't mean I'll let the OL off so easy...haha...)

Well, Madigan did just take Quinn into Court and won over the pay issue.....huh? So much for Quinn's Veto Power. Works real well when they want to shut the Repubs down here tho.

Even if Rauner was to win. What can he accomplish on his own?

Well, Madigan did just take Quinn into Court and won over the pay issue.....huh? So much for Quinn's Veto Power. Works real well when they want to shut the Repubs down here tho.

Even if Rauner was to win. What can he accomplish on his own?

Madigan is the guy every politician wishes they could be and every citizen should see never gets reelected.

If he makes it worth Madigan's while a whole helluva lot. Madigan, so long as you've got money to let him wrap his filthy little hands around is very flexible.

Madigan is the guy every politician wishes they could be and every citizen should see never gets reelected.

If he makes it worth Madigan's while a whole helluva lot. Madigan, so long as you've got money to let him wrap his filthy little hands around is very flexible.

Well, truthfully Walsh hurt Brady's Chances.....he shouldn't even had ran. I think if he would have stayed out. Dillard might have Pulled it off. But would that be any better? he has always been weak with unions. But he has stood with Teachers. Plus he has always kissed Madigan's ass.

Not quite.....you didn't punch a hole in anything. All you did was show how the Republicans had a governor elected 6 times. But not once ever had control of the state house.

Nor did you even bring up any info on the Democratic Machine.

Which I was being generally light with the number 75 years.

So again I say the Democrats have been running the show at a Minimum of 75 years. Which it is quite clear.....you simply don't have a clue.

Sure I did. I don't believe you know Illinois' political history as you purport.

On May 9–10, 1860 the Illinois Republican State Convention was held in Decatur. At this convention Abraham Lincoln received his first endorsement for president of the United States. Until 1932, Republicans had virtually complete control over Illinois politics. From1932 to 1994, Republicans still usually had more control over Illinois politics, although Democrats still had a presence in the state and many noted Democratic politicians, most notably Aldai Stevenson, came from Illinois. By the mid-1990s, though, Illinois had started to become more Democratic for both state and federal elections, in a large part because the GOP's Southern Strategy had alienated many Northeastern and Midwestern Republican voters. In1994, Democrats gained control of the Illinois House of Representatives. Illinois rapidly became more Democratic in the second half of the 1990s and early 2000s. In 2003, Illinois GOP power died when A Democrat became Illinois governor for the first time in 26 years and Democrats gained control over the Illinois Senate. With the exception of 2010, a disastrous election year nationally for Democrats, Illinois Democrats have consistently gained more and more power in every election year in Illinois since the mid-1990s.

Sure I did. I don't believe you know Illinois' political history as you purport.

Oh okay AJIVEMAN.....I concede the Republicans had some control Down state Illinois. But then Like I said.....Chicago is where the Money is at. That's where all the Control is.....and has been. Its what Influences that Location you say you come from. As well as Indiana and Iowa.

Now about me not knowing Illinois Politics......thats where You and Me will go toe to toe. Then I will be happy to prove just how false you are. Oh and Wrong. . But then I will be looking to test ALL your so called knowledge on the state. But hey.....next time take another 6-9 hrs to find something. :lamo

So did you want to say the Republicans are controlling the State now? Hope you weren't trying to hide you Liberal tendencies and slant as I have will have no trouble breakin them out. :lol:

Oh okay AJIVEMAN.....I concede the Republicans had some control Down state Illinois. But then Like I said.....Chicago is where the Money is at. That's where all the Control is.....and has been. Its what Influences that Location you say you come from. As well as Indiana and Iowa.

Now about me not knowing Illinois Politics......thats where You and Me will go toe to toe. Then I will be happy to prove just how false you are. Oh and Wrong. . But then I will be looking to test ALL your so called knowledge on the state. But hey.....next time take another 6-9 hrs to find something. :lamo

So did you want to say the Republicans are controlling the State now? Hope you weren't trying to hide you Liberal tendencies and slant as I have will have no trouble breakin them out. :lol:

Oh please, stop with the BS.
You could have just as easily looked this up for yourself in a few seconds. Unlike some people, I have not time to spend using internet forums and blogs all day long, I won't mention any names.

You still won't admit posting misinformation about Democrats running Illinois for 75 years, will you?

Machine politics coming from Chicago? I do believe that went the way of sundown many years ago, after the death of Richard J. Daley. Now bring up Blago please.

Oh please, stop with the BS.
You could have just as easily looked this up for yourself in a few seconds. Unlike some people, I have not time to spend using internet forums and blogs all day long, I won't mention any names.

You still won't admit posting misinformation about Democrats running Illinois for 75 years, will you?

Machine politics coming from Chicago? I do believe that went the way of sundown many years ago, after the death of Richard J. Daley. Now bring up Blago please.

Oh did you have trouble reading.....I conceded the point. I wouldn't want you to become all cornfuzzeled over it. So save your BS grandstanding. You managed a very slight percentage.

Well it is understandable for those that have to get out there and bust that ass and work for a living.....it does take priority. Got to pay those bills and all you know, Right?

Were you saying Machine Politics were over with after the Death of Daley? Can you validate that for myself and the rest of us from Chicago. Should only take a few seconds according to you, Right?

Now why would I need to bring up another Democratic Crook with the likes of Blago. There are to many others that are still holding elected positions here.

Back
Top Bottom