• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bruce Rauner wins close GOP primary in Illinois.....

And as usual, I notice that you include all the reasons Quinn is supposedly bad, but fail to really mention any of Rauner's positions. And there's no legitimate way someone spending 6 million of his own money is not part of the system. Not to mention, how embarassing to not have more public support that he had to use 6 million of his own. Anytime I read that a politician does something similar, it only proves to me that our elections are essentially complete fraud.

Do you live in the State? If so, you don't need it spelled out for ya...

Bloomberg, not that I'm saying he was worth a damn, but he did alright by way of his own money...

And as usual, I notice that you include all the reasons Quinn is supposedly bad, but fail to really mention any of Rauner's positions. And there's no legitimate way someone spending 6 million of his own money is not part of the system. Not to mention, how embarassing to not have more public support that he had to use 6 million of his own. Anytime I read that a politician does something similar, it only proves to me that our elections are essentially complete fraud.

Well really Rauner only ran with.....Standing Up to Unions and Not Allowing the Democrats to steal the Teachers pensions and City Workers pensions. All that money that they were suppose to be putting in.....but never did. Plus he is for Term limits. That's all it took and the mentioning of the State being the worse in the nation, economically.

Naturally the big one that Hurt Dillard.....was him Standing with Obama for the camera and trying to fix his failing O'care package.

Notice how anything connected to Obama does take that hit! But don't worry.....he will make sure the DC Democrats have theirs coming. ;)

Do you think Joe Walsh will allow that to happen? :lol:

Even if it does......it will only Match the Money Bloomberg throws in for the Anti Gun Puppets.

2008 and 2012 proved that at least presidential elections couldn't be bought. We'll see how much money the Kochs throw into Illinois. Wait and see.

Do you live in the State? If so, you don't need it spelled out for ya...

Bloomberg, not that I'm saying he was worth a damn, but he did alright by way of his own money...

werd.gif
.....Wonder how they would all feel about Obama's Election as a Senator and all those shenanigans with Mosley Braun. Or when he lost to Boobie Rush for the Congressman spot. Especially if we going to gander the golden goose and all.

Btw they closed down Lorenzettis in Cal City to. Plus Ciprianis/Cips closed his Place in Chicago Heights. All those areas and in between are my stomping grounds for the South Side. As far out as Crete, Steger, Monee, and Peotone.

Devil spawn as far as I'm concerned, nepotism at its worst...

Fair enough. I know little about her other than that she would likely be governor if she ran.

werd.gif
.....Wonder how they would all feel about Obama's Election as a Senator and all those shenanigans with Mosley Braun. Or when he lost to Boobie Rush for the Congressman spot. Especially if we going to gander the golden goose and all.

Btw they closed down Lorenzettis in Cal City to. Plus Ciprianis/Cips closed his Place in Chicago Heights. All those areas and in between are my stomping grounds for the South Side. As far out as Crete, Steger, Monee, and Peotone.

Bierstube in Peotone, use to be in Frankfort where I use to go to all the time. A pitcher of Warsteiner, wild boar, shot of jager(or 12) for dessert... zicke zacke zicke zacke oi oi oi!!!

Did you hear about Mikey "My Money" Madigan and his $100 million dollar push for an Obama Library?

Bierstube in Peotone, use to be in Frankfort where I use to go to all the time. A pitcher of Warsteiner, wild boar, shot of jager(or 12) for dessert... zicke zacke zicke zacke oi oi oi!!!

Did you hear about Mikey "My Money" Madigan and his $100 million dollar push for an Obama Library?

Yeah.....when I worked for Tri-Con. We put Frankforts Well houses and Pumping station in. For that Whole New Subdivision off south of 30. Hard to believe that its been 20 years since.

Madigan, Durbin, and Emanuel are pushing for Obama's Library to be put here.

I say let em.....it will be graffittied up within less than 5 years. :lol:

You'd be appalled...

Did you hear Joe Walsh On 560 Am radio.....he is talking about leading a Charge against establishment Republicans and these Moderates here that he says are nothing more than Democrats in Disguise.

I don't see how this helps.....when All the infighting can take place after the Democrats are sent out to pasture. Someone needs to get to him and chill his ass out. Making sure the Democrats lose.....is what counts.

You have to wonder why someone would spend so much of his own money to get elected. Either he has so much, millions of dollars don't mean anything or he wants the power to steal more. Either the way, he's not the guy anyone should want to put into office.

You have to wonder why someone would spend so much of his own money to get elected. Either he has so much, millions of dollars don't mean anything or he wants the power to steal more. Either the way, he's not the guy anyone should want to put into office.

Well, after you finish counting the last 75 years of Democrats running the state of Illinois into the ground and now have an entire state on the verge of bankruptcy, can't pay its debts, and is now being charged more interest to borrow, while now playing a game to steal teachers, city workers, and state workers pension money and benefits.

Then one can see why.....that it takes someone with money. Just to keep pace with what the Democrats do to stay in power. In order to actually be able to have a chance to get elected. Good thing this is for the Governorship of the entire State. Where the Chicago Democrats can rig any neighborhoods up with their Democratic machine.

Did you hear Joe Walsh On 560 Am radio.....he is talking about leading a Charge against establishment Republicans and these Moderates here that he says are nothing more than Democrats in Disguise.

I don't see how this helps.....when All the infighting can take place after the Democrats are sent out to pasture. Someone needs to get to him and chill his ass out. Making sure the Democrats lose.....is what counts.

There isn't a rogue in the bunch..not a one...

I tell ya what though, whoever is in there better leave my god damn pension alone.

It ain't much, enough to put me over the top but I already got to wait 3 more years before I can draw on it.

I said I was done at 55, now it's 58. Keep screwing with me, there's gonna be a problem...

Yeah.....when I worked for Tri-Con. We put Frankforts Well houses and Pumping station in. For that Whole New Subdivision off south of 30. Hard to believe that its been 20 years since.

Madigan, Durbin, and Emanuel are pushing for Obama's Library to be put here.

I say let em.....it will be graffittied up within less than 5 years. :lol:

and they'd have it designated a hate crime...

There isn't a rogue in the bunch..not a one...

I tell ya what though, whoever is in there better leave my god damn pension alone.

It ain't much, enough to put me over the top but I already got to wait 3 more years before I can draw on it.

I said I was done at 55, now it's 58. Keep screwing with me, there's gonna be a problem...

Mornin' Chez. :2wave: Yeah.....and this time round. They can't blame Repubs for taking the money.....nor the benefits. I did think Quinn was Right to hold up their Paychecks to try and get them to move on the issue. But as you see Madigan had that taken into court and won. So Quinn did try move the process along.

I have other relatives that are in the same boat. Not to mention the OL is a teacher. So I hear it from the Homefront.

I don't think it will matter to the bangers.....they hate everything, including themselves. :lol:

I figured it would have been Manju Goel...;)

Mornin' Chez. :2wave: Yeah.....and this time round. They can't blame Repubs for taking the money.....nor the benefits. I did think Quinn was Right to hold up their Paychecks to try and get them to move on the issue. But as you see Madigan had that taken into court and won. So Quinn did try move the process along.

I have other relatives that are in the same boat. Not to mention the OL is a teacher. So I hear it from the Homefront.

Oh, they'll somehow manage to lay all the blame on JBT...

Oh, they'll somehow manage to lay all the blame on JBT...

Another thing is you wont be seeing.....are other Democrats from other states telling these ones. They need to honor their Contracts and Pay the money like they were suppose to. Doing all they can to get out of it. You would think would be a wake up call for when Elections come round. That these people wouldn't even voted back in. How many years does it take to figure out they are not only going to steal the money. But they are working to get rid as many benefits as they can. The teachers will be the ones really screwed since they don't pay into SS. Whereas the City and State did.

Although the Teachers went with Dillard over Rauner.

Again all it took was that Photo Op with Obama and it was enough to allow Rauner in.

Do you think he will do anything? Quinn is hammering him over wanting to lower Illinois Minimum Wage. Talking about his 9 mansions and his businesses.

Another thing is you wont be seeing.....are other Democrats from other states telling these ones. They need to honor their Contracts and Pay the money like they were suppose to. Doing all they can to get out of it. You would think would be a wake up call for when Elections come round. That these people wouldn't even voted back in. How many years does it take to figure out they are not only going to steal the money. But they are working to get rid as many benefits as they can. The teachers will be the ones really screwed since they don't pay into SS. Whereas the City and State did.

Although the Teachers went with Dillard over Rauner.

Again all it took was that Photo Op with Obama and it was enough to allow Rauner in.

Do you think he will do anything? Quinn is hammering him over wanting to lower Illinois Minimum Wage. Talking about his 9 mansions and his businesses.

If the teachers fall under IMRF they paid SS. I am under SURS. I didn't. And to boot, I get penalized on my SS because I'm gonna draw a pension.

Further with the "deal" these scumbags concocted, they tried to pass off as a boon for the employee currently a reduction to 7% from 8% in contributions. Contributions are before tax, so that one percent now is taxable nullifying any benefit.

I can go on for days about this crap as myself and more importantly people I know already getting their pensions are getting screwed royally on what was promised for fulfilling their obligations.

They say Rauner is trying to make himself a Scott Walker type. That might be great for the State but it will screw State employees over completely. Unfortunately the alternative is no alternative.

(oh, and Rauner screwed himself with the Trib page double speak, the question wlll be how bad do the People of IL want Quinn out?)

If the teachers fall under IMRF they paid SS. I am under SURS. I didn't. And to boot, I get penalized on my SS because I'm gonna draw a pension.

Further with the "deal" these scumbags concocted, they tried to pass off as a boon for the employee currently a reduction to 7% from 8% in contributions. Contributions are before tax, so that one percent now is taxable nullifying any benefit.

I can go on for days about this crap as myself and more importantly people I know already getting their pensions are getting screwed royally on what was promised for fulfilling their obligations.

They say Rauner is trying to make himself a Scott Walker type. That might be great for the State but it will screw State employees over completely. Unfortunately the alternative is no alternative.

(oh, and Rauner screwed himself with the Trib page double speak, the question wlll be how bad do the People of IL want Quinn out?)

IMRF would be CPS Schools Right? Yeah mine never paid into SS. Like you, whatever they don't screw her out of will be her pension and the money she put in.

Rauner made $53M last year.

GOP governor candidate earned $53 million last year - Chicago Tribune

6 Mil is a spit in the bucket to this man.
Hopefully, only rich people will vote for him, because as God knows, he is not a poor working person's friend. You can't win elections by telling people who make $8.50 an hour now, that he'd want to turn their wages back to the federal minimum.

Well,after you finish counting the last 75 years of Democrats running the state of Illinois into the ground and now have an entire state on the verge of bankruptcy, can't pay its debts, and is now being charged more interest to borrow, while now playing a game to steal teachers, city workers, and state workers pension money and benefits.

Then one can see why.....that it takes someone with money. Just to keep pace with what the Democrats do to stay in power. In order to actually be able to have a chance to get elected. Good thing this is for the Governorship of the entire State. Where the Chicago Democrats can rig any neighborhoods up with their Democratic machine.

Um, excuse me but....
since 1948, there have been 6 republican governors, and 6 democrat governors

Now, what were you saying?

Um, excuse me but....
since 1948, there have been 6 republican governors, and 6 democrat governors

Now, what were you saying?

You didn't think the Governor really runs the State did you.....now go back and look up who has Controlled the State House and City of Chicago. :lol:.....what you think you know something about Illinois Politics. Now that is funny! :lamo

TRY AGAIN!!!!!

Heya one of you lefties of the Democratic Swing.....help this brutha out and let him know. Who the hell has been running Illinois for the Last 75 years.

Last edited:
You didn't think the Governor really runs the State did you.....now go back and look up who has Controlled the State House and City of Chicago. :lol:.....what you think you know something about Illinois Politics. Now that is funny! :lamo

TRY AGAIN!!!!!

I knew you were going to go here. :lamo

VETO:
Latin for "I forbid" – is the power (used by an officer of the state, for example) to unilaterally stop an official action, especially the enactment of legislation.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/lrb/con4.htm

(b) If the Governor does not approve the bill, he shall
veto it by returning it with his objections to the house in
which it originated. Any bill not so returned by the Governor
within 60 calendar days after it is presented to him shall
become law. If recess or adjournment of the General Assembly
prevents the return of a bill, the bill and the Governor's
objections shall be filed with the Secretary of State within
such 60 calendar days. The Secretary of State shall return
the bill and objections to the originating house promptly
upon the next meeting of the same General Assembly at which
the bill can be considered.

Last edited:
Well, after you finish counting the last 75 years of Democrats running the state of Illinois into the ground and now have an entire state on the verge of bankruptcy, can't pay its debts, and is now being charged more interest to borrow, while now playing a game to steal teachers, city workers, and state workers pension money and benefits.

Why wouldn't the Republican Party and republicans throughout the state fund a challenger? Is it because they know they have nothing to offer?

Back
Top Bottom