• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Broward County votes tossed out

rjay

Rocket Surgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I just heard on television that Broward County was 2 minutes late in submitting the recount results. They will not be counted.

Link to follow

If I lived in Florida, I would be pretty mad about being disenfranfchised.

But also I'm a voter who would have made sure that I voted in both the governor race and the senate race no matter how badly the ballot was designed.

Good luck, Floridians.

Florida once again proves that democracy stops at its borders

I just heard on television that Broward County was 2 minutes late in submitting the recount results. They will not be counted.

Link to follow

I think it does not matter as they are now doing a hand recount.

If I lived in Florida, I would be pretty mad about being disenfranfchised.

Nobody was disenfranchised. All of their votes were counted and entered the first time around.

Looks like DeSantis will be governor as Gillium only gained one vote in the recount yet refuses to concede. But it looks like the race for Senate will go to a hand count.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/os-ne-florida-vote-recount-deadline-20181115-story.html

It seems odd that DeSantis in the recount left Gillum with just one extra vote but they found thousands of thousands of new votes for Nelson? Really?

Anyway the last hand recount during Bush and Gore was a spectacle. That famous picture of that dude using a magnifying glass trying to determine voter intent, hubby served in the Navy. He LOL'd when he showed up on the news. He was a judge in Florida at the time but hubby said he was a real puss in the Navy. Not someone you would want to be teamed with in critical situations.

I filled in an absentee ballot due to the fact that my military service does not allow me to live within my voting district. I live in Broward County and my vote will not be counted because it could possibly hurt Republicans. If there was ever a time for mass gatherings, this would be it.

So they're going to a manual recount, which is what they were going to do anyway. Let's hope Broward County gets its' **** together this time.

They have 24 hours to do the recount by hand. This is going to be hilarious!

I filled in an absentee ballot due to the fact that my military service does not allow me to live within my voting district. I live in Broward County and my vote will not be counted because it could possibly hurt Republicans. If there was ever a time for mass gatherings, this would be it.

that is infuriating. i'm sorry.

Your vote was counted. They're using the original vote totals.

Which is actually better for you, because apparently, in the machine recount totals which aren't being used, Nelson lost over 1300 votes from his total while Scott lost only about 600. So the original result is better for Nelson.

Not that it matters, because that race is headed for a manual recount.

Last edited:
Florida, Florida, Florida...........

tenor.gif

Also, if I were you, as a Floridian, I'd be furious with Palm Beach County, which apparently didn't even try to meet the deadline:

PB.jpg

Link to follow

Having lived through the 2000 Florida recount with all its shenanigans, I doubt if I would believe or have any confidence in any recount. Especially in Florida. One side or the other will find a way to corrupt the system to ensure their guy wins.

Your vote was counted. Florida is going with the original results Broward reported.

Florida once again proves that democracy stops at its borders

Some counties, most could follow simple directions. I hope they have camera footage of all the recounts, and no blind spots.

So they're going to a manual recount, which is what they were going to do anyway. Let's hope Broward County gets its' **** together this time.

I lived in Florida for nearly 6 years, so I'm not going to hold my breath on them actually doing that this time.

Some counties, most could follow simple directions. I hope they have camera footage of all the recounts, and no blind spots.

No luck with that most likely, seeing as journalist were threatened with arrest for trying to film the counting, as they are allowed to do. But I know that civil push back and a judge got them back in there some time later.

They have 24 hours to do the recount by hand. This is going to be hilarious!
Most European countries count ballots in a matter of hours and considerably more ballots... all it requires is manpower.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Too funny.
When will people face up to the facts?

A. Both the Broward and Palm Beach election supervisors and teams are completely incompetent.
B. That supervisor...whatever her name is...is cheating...again.
C. They had a deadline and did not meet it.

Voters should be outraged but isn't the law...the law?

It may have been intentional. But if it was intentional I would have thought they would have missed the deadline by more than 2 minutes.

[In another direct accusation of deliberate misconduct by Florida election officials, GOP Senate candidate Rick Scott’s campaign accused embattled Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes of intentionally submitting late results to invalidate them. In the recount, Scott’s Democratic opponent, incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson, lost more votes than Scott — a net gain of 779 for Scott

Broward Recount Uploaded Two Minutes After Deadline, Scott Claims Deadline Missed Intentionally |

Last edited:
It may have been intentional. But if it was intentional I would have thought they would have missed the deadline by more than 2 minutes.

[In another direct accusation of deliberate misconduct by Florida election officials, GOP Senate candidate Rick Scott’s campaign accused embattled Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes of intentionally submitting late results to invalidate them. In the recount, Scott’s Democratic opponent, incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson, lost more votes than Scott — a net gain of 779 for Scott[ /QUOTE]

Broward Recount Uploaded Two Minutes After Deadline, Scott Claims Deadline Missed Intentionally |

Scott is onto the "willing to say anything" at this point stage. Has been there for a good bit of time nose firmly stuck up Donald's butt end.

This is a State problem. The State has had GOP administrations for 8 years. They have had election problems for at least 12 years regardless of admin. Time to clean it up down there.

Neither Scott nor Nelson have much standing in my book..... Idiots looking idiotic.

Blame yourself and your fellow voters for continuing to reelect Snipes . She is incompetent and the voters keep reelecting her.

Florida: Where both democracy and common sense go to die.

Back
Top Bottom