• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brotchen in America

I crave Brotchen. I have looked and looked for a good source of Brotchen. So I happened upon the recipe. If you want some of the best tasting bread you ever ate, and can make it yourself, Try this out.

I remember brotchen from my days waiting for the milk run train to take us back to our Kasern of a Sunday morning. Sliced up brat with curry ketchup and pommes frites. Called currywurst by the locals. A few decades have passed since then and i can't really recall what makes them different from the hard dinner roll in most grocery stores.

These days I prefer a sliced open bolillo roll for my brat/hotlink/ andouille snack. melt some cheese in the roll before the meat and that is mighty fine to me, and a whole lot easier to come by... :peace

I crave Brotchen. I have looked and looked for a good source of Brotchen. So I happened upon the recipe.

If you want some of the best tasting bread you ever ate, and can make it yourself,

Try this out.

Farmer's Table: Brotchen | Metro Kanawha | wvgazettemail.com

Befriend a mom and pop bakery and see if they will do it. It took me a few tries, but I finally found one that will make me salt-rising bread. I just have to order 4 loaves at a time. If I order by Sunday, they will deliver the following Thursday.

too many carbs for me, im trying to get in better shape

Befriend a mom and pop bakery and see if they will do it. It took me a few tries, but I finally found one that will make me salt-rising bread. I just have to order 4 loaves at a time. If I order by Sunday, they will deliver the following Thursday.

If you are talking of loaves, you probably are not talking about Brötchen, but of Brot (bread).
Brötchen are rolls.

Brötchen is the best!!!! Oh god do I miss it every morning. German breakfasts are the greatest.

a cheap imitation but good enough for a hint of the good stuff is the froze. Pepperidge Farms Stone Baked Rolls.

15 min in toaster oven and they come out just about right. In texture if not in taste.

Back
Top Bottom