• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brooklyn DA to throw out hundreds of marijuana convictions

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/regulation/422045-brooklyn-da-to-throw-out-hundreds-of-marijuana-convictions

Brooklyn’s top prosecutor is expected to dismiss hundreds of low-level marijuana convictions on Wednesday, following through on a plan announced earlier this year.

Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez will appear in court Wednesday morning and plans to vacate outstanding warrants related to low-level marijuana crimes, as well as past misdemeanor marijuana convictions, according to local reports.
============================================
Interesting following soon after the Governor's call to legalize recreational use of MJ in NY state.

Gonzalez is, of course, a Democrat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Gonzalez_(lawyer)

The further debasing of the United States.

Moving a little bit closer to constitutional governance is debasing the US?

Really?

Marijuana never killed anyone, banning it is stupid, and every state that legalized it has not had the apocalyptic results that the drug warriors said would happen.

Meanwhile the Federal Government will not be ending it’s stupid policies anytime soon.

So it leads to unbelievably ridiculous situations where you can be for example as a Canadian citizen, even as just a medical user, let’s say you drive from Vancouver to Seattle, some Federal Border Agent can ask if you’ve ever used marijuana, if you say you have you could be barred for life from entering the US, even though the country you are leaving and the state you are entering, it’s legal, not to mention that most states have it legalized for medical use.

So, nice and all, but it’s all a bit hollow until the Federal Fascists stop hating on this plant.

Moving a little bit closer to constitutional governance is debasing the US?

That isn't what is happening.

Did I stutter?

Marijuana never killed anyone,
You do not know that.

banning it is stupid,
Opinion noted.

and every state that legalized it has not had the apocalyptic results that the drug warriors said would happen.
Did I speak of
"apocalyptic results" or perhaps did I state an opinion of the further debasing of the United States?
Or do you not think someone is entitled to such an opinion as you are entitled to yours?

Meanwhile the Federal Government will not be ending it’s stupid policies anytime soon.

So it leads to unbelievably ridiculous situations where you can be for example as a Canadian citizen, even as just a medical user, let’s say you drive from Vancouver to Seattle, some Federal Border Agent can ask if you’ve ever used marijuana, if you say you have you could be barred for life from entering the US, even though the country you are leaving and the state you are entering, it’s legal, not to mention that most states have it legalized for medical use.
That is a good thing.

That isn't what is happening.

Did I stutter?

You do not know that.

Opinion noted.

Did I speak of
"apocalyptic results" or perhaps did I state an opinion of the further debasing of the United States?
Or do you not think someone is entitled to such an opinion as you are entitled to yours?

That is a good thing.

By all means, please tell me how many people died from overdosing on marijuana. Show your work.

By all means, please tell me how many people died from overdosing on marijuana. Show your work.
As I said; "You do not know that".
The onus is not on me to prove the opposite of something that you can not prove to begin with.

As I said; "You do not know that".
The onus is not on me to prove the opposite of something that you can not prove to begin with.

I do know that. Prove me wrong.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Here....straight from the DEA.

https://www.thecannabist.co/2017/07/12/marijuana-overdose-statistics-dea/83506/

From the DEA's own report "Drugs of Abuse 2017 Edition" Page 74

Download the pdf here: https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-06/drug_of_abuse.pdf
:lamo
As that is not the same thing as what you stated, your ignorance and deflection is noted.

Again.
Marijuana never killed anyone, ...
You do not know that.

As that is not the same thing as what you stated, your ignorance and deflection is noted.

Again.

Move some goalposts more.

No one has ever died from using marijuana.

You lose.

You lose.
Said you, the one changing the goal posts.
And in regards to this new goal post; You do not know that either.
Or do you really not realize that "died from using" is not synonymous with "No deaths from overdose of marijuana have been reported"?

Last edited:
Said you, the one changing the goal posts.
And in regards to this new goal post; You do not know that either.
Or do you really not realize that "died from using" is not synonymous with "No deaths from overdose of marijuana have been reported"?

You knew what I meant. Died from using means dying from the actual drug.

Don't play stupid games with me, you asked for proof, I gave it, get over it.

You knew what I meant.
No. What you said, you do not know.

Died from using means dying from the actual drug.
And again you are failing to accurately state what you are apparently trying to get across.
"Died from" can include all sorts of possibilities of it's use leading to death.

Don't play stupid games with me, you asked for proof, I gave it, get over it.
It seems you are the only one playing games and changing goal posts.

And no, you did not prove what you are now trying to assert.
Do you really not understand that "have been reported" does not mean that it hasn't happened?

No. What you said, you do not know.

And again you are failing to accurately state what you are apparently trying to get across.
"Died from" can include all sorts of possibilities of it's use leading to death.

It seems you are the only one playing games and changing goal posts.

And no, you did not prove what you are now trying to assert.
Do you really not understand that "have been reported" does not mean that it hasn't happened?

Do you have any reason to believe that anyone has ever taken a lethal dose?

What I may or may not think in regards to your question has no relevance to the other's inability to support what they said.

What I may or may not think in regards to your question has no relevance to the other's inability to support what they said.

I wasn't asking about their position.

These are weasel words, you did not answer the question.

I wasn't asking about their position.
Didn't say you were, but what you quoted was a reply to that person and dealt specifically with that.
Your question and any answer I may give is irrelevant to it.

These are weasel words, you did not answer the question.
Not at all.
You trying to introduce an irrelevancy of what I may or may not think in regards to your question, is irrelevant and deserves no answer.

Last edited:

A lethal dose of MJ can be defined as the gross weight of a bale of this stuff heavy enough to kill you if it fell on you.

You lose.

How about traffic accidents while driving while stoned?

You should argue secondary cause as an often rejected argument.

https://thehill.com/regulation/422045-brooklyn-da-to-throw-out-hundreds-of-marijuana-convictions

Brooklyn’s top prosecutor is expected to dismiss hundreds of low-level marijuana convictions on Wednesday, following through on a plan announced earlier this year.

Brooklyn DA Eric Gonzalez will appear in court Wednesday morning and plans to vacate outstanding warrants related to low-level marijuana crimes, as well as past misdemeanor marijuana convictions, according to local reports.
============================================
Interesting following soon after the Governor's call to legalize recreational use of MJ in NY state.

Gonzalez is, of course, a Democrat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Gonzalez_(lawyer)

'tis about time.

Back
Top Bottom