• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Broken campaign Promise

washunut

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Several times I have supported actions by Trump and received the expected vitriol. This morning I listened as Trump called into CNBC. While on the call he was asked about the just announced merger of United Technologies and Raytheon. Both huge defense contractors. He was asked about cutting procedure costs and here is where I had a real problem. Trump said he took over a depleted military. Folks can debate if that was true or not. I say it does not matter.

Fixing the procurement policies within the defense department should be viewed as a plus to the military. Huge waste in the way things are done. This was something Trump himself pointed out when he ran in 2016. Disappointing that he has found that it easier to have a defense budget with a big percent increase than explain that costs went down but we got more for our dollars.

This looked like a slam dunk campaign promise which could/would save the country untold billions of dollars. The only explanation I can think of is the fix is not something that can be easily explained on tweeter. Regardless all Americans are losers.

Back
Top Bottom