• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britons are being summoned to the police station to answer for their tweeted opinions.

While I agree there are those on the left who would wish to compromise it -- and especially so on the left -- I think that's overstatement.
I wish that it were.

There are dozens of words and phrases that are illegal. Freedom of speech is a thing of the past.

Gavin Newsom used armed troops to stop religious worship, so much for freedom of religion

The FBI used Twitter to censor the New York Times and crush the Hunter Biden laptop in order to rig the 2020 election. So much for freedom of the press

Hundreds of people rot in the Gulag because they protested a rigged election. So much for the right to petition the government for grievance.

No, the first has been ended by the democrat Reich.

I see.

And the FBI directing who to ban seems just hunky dory to you?

Say, can TMobile block conversations that advocate for democrat politicians?

Why or why not?

I'm mean, they're private. Can McDonalds ban you for life if you support Joe Biden?

Why, or why not?

Twitter does not need permission to ban people and there is no evidence the FBI had any control over it. This is nothing more than vengeance by the right-wing racists and MAGA terrorists who didn't like being told to stifle their bullshit.

You love fascism, but I'm not sure you've thought it through.

I do not love fascism.

I am former USN, I fought for my country.

I wish that it were.

There are dozens of words and phrases that are illegal. Freedom of speech is a thing of the past.

Gavin Newsom used armed troops to stop religious worship, so much for freedom of religion

The FBI used Twitter to censor the New York Times and crush the Hunter Biden laptop in order to rig the 2020 election. So much for freedom of the press

Hundreds of people rot in the Gulag because they protested a rigged election. So much for the right to petition the government for grievance.

No, the first has been ended by the democrat Reich.

Words have actual meaning.

No, the election was not “rigged”, and the Trump cultists are not in a “gulag”.

No, I can believe that is a legitimate image. Do you know why? Because the color patterns fit. Unlike what is in the OP. Seriously, just compare:

Fl1aR7OacAAOEjR
23ce1a18-b2ce-4c48-81be-0bc2f2620986-jpeg.67431224

Compare the color between sections down the page in both pictures. Notice how starkly different the sections are in the left compared to the right? Notice how the bottom section of Ashes photo looks pretty close to the middle section, unlike the OP? Notice how the paper on the right is slightly slanted, but in the left image, it is ONLY slanted in the top right corner?
Jeezus H. ****-N-Stuff, how are you still on with this garbage?

There is literally no reason to suspect fakery based on lighting and color. None.

Here, I recreated the appearance of the letter:
20230112_205238.jpg

It was incredibly easy. Note that I did not duplicate the appearance of the letter, as that would be extremely difficult. However, all the key effects are there.

If the letter is fake, it's not because of lighting.

Nah.....we mostly tend to like our constitution, thanks. It must suck to not be able to speak your mind without worrying you could be arrested.

You can speak your mind such as it is, so long as you don't offer gratuitous offence to minorities while doing so.

You can speak your mind such as it is, so long as you don't offer gratuitous offense to minorities while doing so.

Yep, the only people being angered by this are the people who feel the need to post hate speech or who defend it.

I live quite fine because I don't post hate speech or want to.

Yep, the only people being angered by this are the people who feel the need to post hate speech or who defend it.

I live quite fine because I don't post hate speech or want to.
That's only until someone decides you are posting "hate speech."

You can speak your mind such as it is, so long as you don't offer gratuitous offence to minorities while doing so.
I hate bigots as much as anyone else, but I'm of the firm belief that "offending" someone should not be any type of criminal offense.

This is not a reasonable explanation, because the lighting would not make both the top and bottom lighter in nearly perfect lines, not least of which because the paper is essentially flat, meaning there could be no shadow created.

I think it is BS and someone typed up their own letter and then used a copy machine to put an original letter behind the typed copy. You can even see a little line in the top left corner which appears to be a top of a different page. That makes far more sense to explain the discoloration than what you said.

Interesting how credulous you are this is real...

Here's the entire picture from Twitter. The law cited in the letter is real, so I don't know why you find it so hard to believe that somebody might get a letter from the police for violating it.
1673630249236.png

No, I recreated the illusion you are seeing in the picture. I'm guessing at the lighting angle and source. But I got the exact same effect. Light top and bottom, darker middle.
I can see this more than before, but I'm still not convinced (for a number of reasons). But I'll at least concede the possibility is greater than I originally thought. I still think there are other things which have not yet been explained, but I'm at least willing to acknowledge you've come close to the color difference.
Jeezus H. ****-N-Stuff, how are you still on with this garbage?
You quoted a post of mine from four or five days ago. You do realize that, correct?

We have laws against discrimination/racism based upon race, sex, sexual orientation here. Again, I'm talking about something else. It's one thing for say, a bigot loan officer at a bank to deny a loan to a gay couple because he doesn't like gay people, and another for some bigot passing by a gay couple on the sidewalk in West Hollywood to say "Hey F*&$@!s" The first instance is illegal discrimination, and the second, although very horribly rude and bigoted, is merely words.

You quoted a post of mine from four or five days ago. You do realize that, correct?
I also realize that you hadn't retracted your ridiculous claim of document forgery.

Go back to the 50's and 60's, these same types wanted to keep free speech and rights for White America only. Only thing that's really changed is that they want that free speech to aim slurs at ethnic minorities in the USA from behind the cover of the 1st Amendment.

Can only guess how few of these posters would have stood up for MLKs rights to speak freely if they were around then.

I also realize that you hadn't retracted your ridiculous claim of document forgery.
Ignoring for a moment it is not at all ridiculous, for reasons I have pointed out multiple times, that still wouldn't change the fact that your first response to me was really stupid.

So congratulations on following up a stupid post with an even worse post.

Ignoring for a moment it is not at all ridiculous, for reasons I have pointed out multiple times,
If the reasons are ridiculous, as yours were, the assertion itself remains ridiculous.

that still wouldn't change the fact that your first response to me was really stupid.
Disproving your ridiculous assertions isn't stupid.

So congratulations on following up a stupid post with an even worse post.

Any time I'm feeling down about the state of America, I just look at news from Europe. Always cheers me up.

I know the feeling. After feeling depressed when a classroom of 5 year olds gets slaughtered nothing cheers me up like seeing a guy in Europe got a letter about a interview with the police for an offensive tweet. It brings it all into perspective, doesn't it?

Yes, woke ideology has infected the UK, and unfortunately they don’t have the First Amendment protections that we do.
It's amazing how much I take our 1A for granted. It's such a basic thing that I often forget that we are unique in that aspect out of the rest of the entire world. It's strange to think about so-called free and advanced societies don't have a 1A equivalents.

I know the feeling. After feeling depressed when a classroom of 5 year olds gets slaughtered nothing cheers me up like seeing a guy in Europe got a letter about a interview with the police for an offensive tweet. It brings it all into perspective, doesn't it?
Hearing about how British police and social services allowed foreigners to prolifically molest British children, for fear of being called racist, certainly does.

As regards this thread, I was considering the infringements of free speech that happen in America (which are less bad than those in Britain), not the crimes against children (which are also less bad, in terms of willful toleration by the government).

Back
Top Bottom