• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britons are being summoned to the police station to answer for their tweeted opinions.

If you can't attend events via public facilities because your government removed them, and you can't access them privately because your local police refuse to protect you whilst attending them then yes its banned lol. Not to mention with your first amendment why are local and federal governments removing books or ideas from libraries and schools?

It isn't the government, it's the school board.

The individuals responsible for removing books like Maus need to be booted from the school board.

This type of behavior is bigoted and ignorant. Then again ... we are talking about places like Texas and Tennessee.

Re post 11, is this hate speech?

View attachment 67431230

That is not a threat of violence. It is not "hate speech" as I was using the term.
Some could see it as a Nazi-like threat to gays because of the rainbow flag and swastika.
I was thinking it looked more like the skinheads were trying to extend their recruiting to the gay community. LOL.
If I were using a social media platform I would expect stuff like swastikas to be possibly weeded out depending on platform rules.

By which you mean to say "No, the law doesn't support what the 'letter' says, and the entire thing is bullshit."
Yes, it does. See post 245.

You really need to read these threads more carefully. It's been one clumsy mistake after another from you.

Yes, it does. See post 245.

You really need to read these threads more carefully. It's been one clumsy mistake after another from you.
You make Baby Jesus cry when you lie like that.

That is not a threat of violence. It is not "hate speech" as I was using the term.
Some could see it as a Nazi-like threat to gays because of the rainbow flag and swastika.
I was thinking it looked more like the skinheads were trying to extend their recruiting to the gay community. LOL.
If I were using a social media platform I would expect stuff like swastikas to be possibly weeded out depending on platform rules.
See post 11. A Brit was arrested for merely forwarding that meme.

Best effort is only for deserving folks
You're welcome to pretend you actually knew "woke" was not a term invented by the right, but we both know better. Your initial post in this thread demonstrated ignorance of the subject, and there's no getting around that.

Fair, but this would fit a pattern. A UK army vet was arrested over the summer for retweeting a parody of the newly designed pride flag.

Again: Meh.
He was told how to avoid being arrested, and he failed to do the sensitivity course or whatever they told him to do. So: he was arrested as he was told he would be.
I dont give a crap, people posting swastikas online probably could REALLLY use some tight scrutiny, here in the US too.

My drawers are decidedly unbunched over this. 🤷‍♂️

Don't know that there is more woke silliness there than here, but controlling one's speech is more easily done there than here.

We've got this thing about not tolerating hate speech and incitement, that you lot seem unduly relaxed about.

We've got this thing about not tolerating hate speech and incitement, that you lot seem unduly relaxed about.

Tends to happen when you have never had to deal with the consequences. We’re still digging up bombs from the last time Europe allowed hate speech to go unchecked.

You're welcome to pretend you actually knew "woke" was not a term invented by the right, but we both know better. Your initial post in this thread demonstrated ignorance of the subject, and there's no getting around that.

Better to be woke than an ignorant arsehole. Is it better to ignore institutional racism, since it doesn't blight your life, or to be aware of it and try to erase it to aid others?

So-called “anti-social behavior” has been a crime in the UK for ages.

The term ASBO has become a byword for rowdy teenagers who terrorise communities.

They've been around for decades.

The term ASBO has become a byword for rowdy teenagers who terrorise communities.

They've been around for decades.
Apparently it’s also a byword for hurting someone’s feelings on social media.

Apparently it’s also a byword for hurting someone’s feelings on social media.

Except it’s not. Slander and hate speech are not “hurting feelings” they are both threatening, can harm someone’s livelihood and can escalate into something very dangerous. No one is getting summoned or arrested for simply hurting peoples feelings. If that was the case you’d be arresting thousands of football fans every weekend.

No, you've got this thing about woke ideology and have decided the police are needed to make sure no one questions it.

Gotta love our friends on the left. Ideas so good, they have to be mandatory.

Better to be woke than an ignorant arsehole. Is it better to ignore institutional racism, since it doesn't blight your life, or to be aware of it and try to erase it to aid others?
You're welcome to your false choice, but I'll have none of it. I'll both respect human rights and call out authoritarianism where and when I see it.

The moronic right uses it for fake whining
It's pathetic pandering

Private media platforms are NOT REQUIRED to allow hate speech.
Did I say they were? Perhaps you were confused and do not know who actually enacts laws. :rolleyes:

The right cannot seem to grasp this concept. Banning Nazis and other hateful scum does not violate the 1st Amendment.
Actually it does if the government does the banning. Something you leftists can't seem to comprehend.

The Fairness Doctrine was created to make sure that what the media printed was true. That is why Ronald Raegan helped Rupert Murdoch get rid of it.
The Fairness Doctrine was created by Democrats specifically to silence dissension and it violated the First Amendment, which is why it was repealed.

Limbaugh would never have been allowed to broadcast while the FD was in place because Rush Limbaugh never told the truth.
Leftist truth? ROFL! That is why the Fairness Doctrine was deemed unconstitutional. Government cannot dictate the content of the media. Something you leftists can't seem to grasp.

The biggest purveyors of bullshit are the right-wing propaganda channels, Faux, OANN, etc...

If you are viewing their content, even over the internet, then what you posted here is inaccurate.
Oh please, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, and MSNBC are Democrat sycophant propagandists who couldn't recognize the truth if it ran them over. They are all leftist pieces of shit and the enemy of the people.

Back
Top Bottom