• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

I haven't negotiated any, but do I really need to have done so to note that two people imprisoned for pot isn't a big ask in exchange for an international arms dealer?
Because nothing could possibly be going on behind the scenes away from the press?

You seem smart, you know better

world known Russia arms dealer who very likely still has global connetions and ready to repay the Putin favors in full

but the biggest win is showing the world how easy Biden is to play and manipulate

and all the USA got back was a ball player who doesn't much like the country that she lives in
Thanks, someone finally proposed an answer to the question I posed.

Though I also wondered if Bout might know where some inconvenient bodies were buried.

If Griner was a white conservative activist, the deal might be fairer, I guess.
Or if that retired Marine was gay it might be both of them. Too bad for you, white, straight male. Do your 16 years for serving your country.

So while the Republicans were doing their best to elect a wife/woman abuser who held a knife to his ex-wife's throat and trashed his own son in public Joe Biden, and specifically his team because he doesn't try to do everything by himself like the ex-president, was working on getting an American hostage back home.

Both parties aren't the same.
You’re right. He was working to get just one home.

Like turning a blind eye to her efforts to win an Olympic Gold Medal for the United States? No? Oh, you mean getting busted for possessing less than a gram of cannabis tincture? OMG, we mustn't overlook THAT! :rolleyes:
What are you even talking about???

Yeah, I don't know why they backed down from the deal. Maybe things were being done to Griner and they felt they needed to get her out quickly?

They say "talks are ongoing" for Whelan, whatever that means.
I think that means that Biden doesn't even know who he is.

He is not going to be buying weapons in any of the countries where his "connections" were... He isn't going to be exporting from Russia...
So why did Putin want him released?

Lol... And just think many Republicans now like Russians...
Okay? I'm not a Republican and I don't like Putin. Not sure why I have to think about them and whether they do.

And here you are jumping to conclusions... Lol
Okay.

Again.. Speaks volumes...
Does it, really? You cite one of the more common methods of Putin's rivals meeting their ends and I'm at fault for assuming/asking if that's what you mean? You can't just clarify and leave it at that?

You're right. It does speak volumes. But not about what you think it does.

Even the administration isn't immune to partisanship or using theory for facts. Whelan's own wedding party says he blew off the wedding to meet with an FSB agent. (He came over to show the wedding party around and attend his friend's wedding.) :unsure:

The Marine is a disgraced BCD Marine playing spy, no hero.... :cautious:

The Biden administration released an old man who had LESS time left to serve than Griner. Under our laws we had to release the killer of thousands of people sooner than the Russians were scheduled to release Griner.

If we caught a spy red handed (pun intended) here, would we trade him/her for a sports figure most of us didn't know a thing about till their arrest???? :rolleyes:

I'd say you helped continue the shit show by pretending an athlete is equal to a spy and Victor wouldn't be released and free to leave the country soon... ✌️
Thank you for proving my point...

Because nothing could possibly be going on behind the scenes away from the press?

You seem smart, you know better
Until I see some evidence there's something else to this, I'm going to assume Biden's given us all the good news he has to offer.

And it still would've been a bad deal.

I don't know much of anything about Whelan. I'm not talking about Whelan now, and I don't think I've ever said much of anything (if anything at all) about him. I'm saying there is a second person in Russian prison for the same thing as Griner. That's the person whose story I linked earlier. The guy in this story right here: https://www.wtae.com/article/marc-fogel-remains-imprisoned-in-russia/42189259.

The point is that Biden and his negotiators should have been able to secure both of their releases in exchange for an international arms dealer if they were intent on trading for Griner anyway.

Oh i thought you were talking about Whelan - my bad

So Victor Bout is now free.

What will Joe do for the hundreds of thousands in US prisons for pot possession?
We're going to clean out the prisons of all the criminals so that we can make room for all the Domestic Violent Extremists that we'll need the space for. Assault, rape and murder are bad but not as bad as supporting Trump so we have to address the biggest issues first. Besides, the main reason people commit crimes in the US is racism so if we lock up all the racists then there won't be any cause for anyone to commit low level crimes such as homicide related to only getting one Ranch sauce at McDonald's.

Reactions: PoS
Bullshit. I hope you never go through 25 weeks of chemotherapy. Marijuana, CBD, CBN, RSO has been a godsend for us.

my highly addicted daughter who's battling for her life disagree

Marijuana is a dangerous mind altering drug and every user put in prison deserves, and consented by action, to their sentence

😂

We get it, you want a theocratic police state. Try just saying that instead of embracing yourself next time.

Okay? I'm not a Republican and I don't like Putin. Not sure why I have to think about them and whether they do.

Okay.

Does it, really? You cite one of the more common methods of Putin's rivals meeting their ends and I'm at fault for assuming/asking if that's what you mean? You can't just clarify and leave it at that?

You're right. It does speak volumes. But not about what you think it does.
I'll just leave it at this.. Before today... For years, nobody cared about Whelan..no outrage on Fox, whatever... But today they care... Why?

I'll just leave it at this.. Before today... For years, nobody cared about Whelan..no outrage on Fox, whatever... But today they care... Why?

they cared, you just didn't see news carry the story

i just read that - so Griner wasn't treated any different, Fogel got the same prison term

and Biden left Fogel in prison

wow ..... liberals - response ?
No one has yet to offer anything beyond "you don't know what's going on behind the scenes."

True, but if there ever was a time to get him out, being exchanged for an international arms dealer seems like the opportune moment.

Unless he's not a priority. One can imagine why he might not be prioritized, but it's all conjecture. The fact is he remains in prison for the same offense as Griner.

Back
Top Bottom