• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

I didn't assume her guilt but rather accepted it when she admitted her guilt to possessing the contraband.

I lived through the 60s, 70s and 80s. From US soldiers in Vietnam being forced to "confess" crimes on camera and played to the world to the hostage problems we had.

So many videos of hostages saying they were denouncing the USA and "confessing" to crimes.

We all knew it wasn't true and they were being forced to do it.

I won't be surprised if Britney plead guilty to make the process of coming home faster even though she wasn't guilty.

If she comes home and says that the marijuana was hers, then I'll believe it.

I don't believe things from people who are under duress. I don't believe she had a choice in her plea. She just went along with the game in hopes that she could go home as soon as possible.

I believe that the real story will come out when she's finally home and free to speak the truth.

My accountant told me LIFO is preferable to FIFO. I apply this to all things.
I rarely wager on the nba when there’s a female ref, like in one of the three games tonight, but surprisingly not on the nba DH.

I think it shows that ANY American held in prison overseas is valued by America.

It does? What can I do but laugh.

Know anyone that was left behind in a Russian prison?

Putin played Helsinki trump for four years as trump intentionally weakened Ukraine.

LOL

you really believe that stuff ? geeeeeeesh

Even if she did bring it, I just don't care. Like, I don't give a damn if a woman breaks Iran's morality laws, because **** Iran and their morality laws. Same shit here in Russia with drugs.

**** Russia.

I can't agree with you more.

We should compare rap sheets between Whelan and Griner... I'll start...
Not sure what your point is here. Are you trying to say that one or the other is more worthy based on their criminal records? Theft vs. Domestic Violence? What difference does that make?

Thanks for the dumb, uninformed comment. I am glad she is back, and I know Biden had no choice, but to take the shitty deal, because he's Biden and could not have done better.

I'm just not turning a blind eye to the consequences of her actions, like you are doing.

Whelan was arrested, convicted and sentenced all during Trump's term... Why didn't he get Whelan out?

Rightie don't see nobody but whitie... :unsure:

The Stealthycat post I referred to was pages ago. Almost from the start the MAGA whiners decried leaving a 'poor' white man behind and recuing a black lesbian drug user, most likely a democrat... :cautious:

Never mind the poor white man was a BCD Marine, liar, carrying 80,000 in cash, met with an FSB Major and was caught red-handed receiving a USB stick from the FSB Major... ✌️

Whelan is a white heterosexual male and Griner is a black lesbian woman ..... are those fact untrue ?

Biden/Democrats ge a big big % of black votes and LGBT votes do they not ?

Now, does it make sense for Biden to get Griner over Whelan for political reasons ?

c'mon this isn't rocket science here

Putin waited for trump to weaken Ukraine as much as possible. 67 of your House GOPutins have voted against every Ukraine aid package. That’s what’s coming 1/1/23.

giving Ukraine millions of taxpayer dollars wouldn't have stopped Putin

good gawd people

Putin won - he got his merchant of death back

meanwhile, Paul Whelan is still in prison .... sucks to be a white man that Democrats don't care about
Do you even realize how racist your comment is?

I rarely wager on the nba when there’s a female ref, like in one of the three games tonight, but surprisingly not on the nba DH.

Heat -5 1/2 vs the Clippers does not look terrible until you realize the Clipper played last night and LOST to Orlando!

Yeah, Miami is the bet tonight.

Not sure what your point is here. Are you trying to say that one or the other is more worthy based on their criminal records? Theft vs. Domestic Violence? What difference does that make?

Just theft?
  • attempted larceny
  • three specifications of dereliction of duty
  • making a false official statement
  • wrongfully using another’s social security number
  • specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment

Here is an update from NBC .........from the link.

"A senior U.S. official told NBC News that the U.S. government had sought to have both Griner and Whelan released as part of a swap with the Kremlin, which wanted the return of Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who has served 11 years of a 25-year sentence in the U.S. But the official said Russia has treated Whelan differently because he is an accused spy, and that the Kremlin ultimately gave the White House the choice of either Griner or no one after different options were proposed."

Anonymous officials working in hindsight to provide cover for the administration. Hard to believe there weren't other options. What IS clear is that the Biden administration has treated these differently, with Griner getting a LOT of presidential level attention.

I think Biden likely had options but that they were no more than future possibilities. Why not have a political win now?
We got what we got, because we have Biden. Nobody is impressed or fears what he might do, so he can't put any pressure on Putin. The guy invaded Ukraine because Biden was in office, he certainly won't budge on a prisoner exchange with him.

Do you even realize how racist your comment is?

it is a matter of fact statement - nothing more nothing less

Whelan is white and Biden couldn't win any political points brining home a white man

Biden won huge points with bringing home a black lesbian ball player

that's not racist, its just political agenda and how the world is right now

Anonymous officials working in hindsight to provide cover for the administration. Hard to believe there weren't other options. What IS clear is that the Biden administration has treated these differently, with Griner getting a LOT of presidential level attention.
Perhaps clear to you.

Just theft?
  • attempted larceny
  • three specifications of dereliction of duty
  • making a false official statement
  • wrongfully using another’s social security number
  • specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment
Perhaps you missed my question. Check again.

Whelan was arrested, convicted and sentenced all during Trump's term... Why didn't he get Whelan out?
How do you know that wasn't being worked on? Biden has been in office more than two years, and he hasn't gotten him out either. Why is that okay?

We got what we got, because we have Biden. Nobody is impressed or fears what he might do, so he can't put any pressure on Putin. The guy invaded Ukraine because Biden was in office, he certainly won't budge on a prisoner exchange with him.

This post ignores the realities. I can only guess that you post it from blind partisanship.

That we trade a Russian national who is a regular citizen who was arrested for Smalltime drug smuggling.
So why is the Russian National of higher value? Is it because we could have gotten a different, "better" American hostage if we waited and traded the National for someone else? Why do you think Griner's value is less than the Russian National's?

I haven't even heard her claim this.

Sounds like complete fantasy on your part.

Oh yes, she's going to say that while she's in custody in russia.

Come into reality. She is in russia. russia is calling the shots and telling the story.

All she was doing was everything she could to get home. If that required her to lie and claim the marijuana was hers, she did it.

To get home.

Had she spoken up and told something contradictory to what russia was saying, she would have disappeared. For a very long time. She was protecting her life.

She wasn't free to speak the truth. russia isn't the United States. The russian criminal system isn't the same as the United States criminal system.

I'm not saying that she didn't have the marijuana but I'm old enough and have seen this situation with American hostages, that's what she was in russia, many times. I know what is said by an American who is a hostage, is not the American's words. It's the words of the captors and they forced that American to say those words.

I would be totally shocked if this isn't a repeat of what I've seen way too many times in the past.

Why in the world are you defending russia?

it is a matter of fact statement - nothing more nothing less

Whelan is white and Biden couldn't win any political points brining home a white man

Biden won huge points with bringing home a black lesbian ball player

that's not racist, its just political agenda and how the world is right now
My question was, "can you see how racist that is?" Your answer is no. Let's leave it at that.

Just making up stuff? Maybe read what actually happened?

Everything in the media has been what russia is telling the media.

I'm not stupid.

I don't believe one word from russia and their media.

I am going to wait until Britney is back home and free to tell the truth.

If she says the marijuana was hers without the threat of disappearing into the russian gulag system I will believe her.

russia told you she had the marijuana. russia has been controlling this story from day one.

I will wait until Britney is free, then I will believe the story she tells.

Until then, this is just another one of the countless innocent Americans who have been kidnapped, abused, terrorized and manipulated by the russian government.

Back
Top Bottom