• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

No I dont, that simply isnt true.
I speak out against MAGA thugs, black thugs, White thugs, all of them. Thats "equality"....and you are TERRIFIED of it.
who said anything about "thugs" in THIS story????

He has been an American priority for years. (Although I am not sure how much Trump cared.) He just wasn't Putin's priority.

So in your world, Biden's supposed to say no when Putin offers up a prisoner because she's not your favorite person. The stink in the thread is getting to a point it's no longer worth debating.

We all know by now how MAGAs feel about this issue.
I have absolutely nothing against Griner....nothing at all, and I'm happy to see her coming home but Whelan should have come first if possible.

And just what the hell does MAGA have to do with it???

You make it sound like there was a choice. It was her or nothing...not her or Whelan. Russia refused to negotiate Whelan's release in exchange for the arms dealer. They claim Whelan is a spy and they want a larger prize, specifically a Russian spy who is not in American custody. I believe they are being held in Germany.

question - what price is too high for Whelan ?

Not that he shouldn't be released but Whelan was removed from the marines after court martial and received a bad conduct discharge.
I realize that....but he's still an American and we should take care of our own....same with this girl who is thankfully on her way home.

Whelan is a court-martialed crook.

would you been ok with giving Bout for him ? 400,000,000 dollars ? would you give 4 leaders of a terrorist group for him ?

Time to reevaluate your life when you start defending an arms dealer nicknamed the Merchant of Death.

I don't know but the guy they wanted is in German custody not American custody.

simple - give Germany whatever they want

look - if the left think getting an American back is worth whatever cost, then give whatever the cost, right ?

but problem is ... when other countries know you'll give the moon, they start taking American's and asking for it, that's why don't negotiate with terrorists is a solid plan

I guess your favoured news source isn't reporting the entire story.
The OP is nbc news.

What is your source then? It's pretty far fetched to say that this was the ONLY deal Russia would agree to. And even if it was, they should have pressed more - we were taken.

"The Biden administration has faced tremendous pressure to help bring home the 6-foot-9 Houston native. Griner’s teammates, family and friends, as well as a number of U.S. celebrities lobbied for her return."

Guessing that Whelan doesn't have celebrities lobbying Biden.

disproportionate is such a misused word ... officers engage when people don't do what they're supposed to do and rarely do they do it unjustified - fact is, more whites are killed by police than blacks, did you know ?

I'm not racist and I'm not afraid of homosexuals and your name calling is petty and pathetic - please

she protested by doing one of the least things possible (sitting for a couple of minutes) to generate the most reaction and she has every right to do that and I have every right to not like that she did it. Has nothing to do with her skin color or sexual choices

but make no mistake, Biden getting Griner released is very political, has been since day one and the more and more pressure he's received the more he's pushed to get her back and Putin knew it

Putin played Biden like a fiddle
Funny how all these families of people still detained in Russia and elsewhere are all praising Biden this morning, including Whelan's family.

It seems the only people that are pissed about this deal are the haters of the LGBTQ and Black community. There is no other explanation.

Putin got his ass kicked in our elections.
We both know that. Now Senate DEMs can investigate GOPutin House members.

Biden is obviously working pretty well with Putin ...

It seems the only people that are pissed about this deal are the haters of the LGBTQ and Black community. There is no other explanation.
Because it couldn’t be that releasing one of the most notorious arms dealers responsible for supplying the bloodiest conflicts of the 20th century is just a bad trade, right?

Funny how all these families of people still detained in Russia and elsewhere are all praising Biden this morning, including Whelan's family.

you think those families would piss on Biden and their hopes he'll do something ?

c'mon

you can put away the hate cards, they have zero value here

would you been ok with giving Bout for him ? 400,000,000 dollars ? would you give 4 leaders of a terrorist group for him ?
Why does your Fox want court-martialed Whelan traded for Bout instead? I’ll be watching your Ukraine feed.

Biden is obviously working pretty well with Putin ...

Putin is definitely Biden's bitch now that we are cheaply destroying the Russian military and showing what a paper tiger they really were...

I saw no link. But if you are referring to Russia would only trade for one and only Griner, I simply don't buy it.
The blue text of "this guy" was the link.

...and "this guy" isn't Whelan.

I agree with many here - Griner isn't worthless. She's actually a very good women's basketball player. I have no idea who she is as a person, but don't call her worthless meat sack unless you got something to prove that labeling

I don't know that she was worth Bout though - that's debatable and the precedence it sets
Get this through all your collective heads. Putin refused to let Whelan go, period. We tried, real hard to get them both.

But when an offer is made to release one American, why shouldn't we take it?

Back
Top Bottom