• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

Your posts says otherwise. Quite loudly, in fact.

I'm just honest

Because I'm not a lemming doesn't make me anything and doesn't give you the right to name call either and hurt my feelings and bully me

why were those other deals made ?

list them - lets take a look at each and why they were made

would you trade a petty drug dealer for Griner?
would you trade a human trafficker? would you trade a large arms dealer ? would you trade Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler or like the Bergdahl deal trade 4 high up terrorists ?
would you trade 400 million dollars?

Putin got what he wanted, he played Biden perfectly and for people to call this a win ? its an absolutely LOSS that an American president got played so well by Putin IMO
Biden got exactly what he wanted. An American citizen freed from a corrupt Russian jail system. Putin got what he wanted. A washed-up arms dealer who's been jailed for 14 years.

Seemed like a fair trade to me. It's a win for the Griner family and the Biden team.

Sure, he would have preferred to get Whelan out as well. Putin was in disagreement that. So, Biden jumped on what he could get.

Just from reading a few of the comments from our resident Righties on here, it is little wonder the rest of us feel nothing but absolute disgust at this crowd.
Nothing but hate filled tirades. A more pathetic group of people don't exist on the planet.

LOL Who said lefties cannot do irony.

“Liking America” or not liking America plays no effect on the government’s obligations to Americans.

The government has no obligation at all to free prisoners that are convicted of breaking the laws of other nations. Thats laughable.

OMG! White males have such a tough time historically in this country! They've been horribly victimized since 1776! Oh, wait.....

congrats, you've just justified discrimination

well done !

I'm just honest

Because I'm not a lemming doesn't make me anything and doesn't give you the right to name call either and hurt my feelings and bully me
If your feelings are hurt and you feel bullied, then you must realize you are wrong.

The government has no obligation at all to free prisoners that are convicted of breaking the laws of other nations. Thats laughable.

Just because you are triggered your convicted murderer hero is rotting in prison, that does not change the fact that the US government absolutely has an obligation to step in when it’s citizens are held overseas on politically motivated charges.

I am fine with it being legal. The problem is that it isn't.
Again, that's not taking away from what you said earlier. Look, I get it, the US is very archaic due to the two-party system. It's the way things work due to social dynamics at work here that many libertarians do not get.

no, you post one thing when it's a person of certain groups and the complete opposite when it's people of other groups.

it's pretty blatant.

No I dont, that simply isnt true.
I speak out against MAGA thugs, black thugs, White thugs, all of them. Thats "equality"....and you are TERRIFIED of it.

An American has been freed, you simply CAN'T rejoice that. It says all I need to know about how you value a fellow American who isn't white and straight. You can keep doubling down if you want, but I am done with you.

if 100 people had died for Griner to be released would you rejoice ?

because men like Viktor .... he is responsible directly for dead people .... can we all hold hands and laugh and celebrate knowing that ?

I think you agree with me or you'd said otherwise

I actually am very good at being color blind, calling things like they are.
Too bad you are so person blind. A Bad Conduct Discharge Marine (he tried to steal from the government- I can see how many MAGAs are OK with that) A habitual liar who lied repeatedly about his resume. A civilian bringing into Russia $80,000 USD under the pretense of attending the wedding (he instead met with an FSB Major, got a USB stick and was arrested) :unsure:

You are very bad at calling things like they are... ✌️

Just announced by President Biden on Twitter.

She is on a plane bound for home.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this. Just because you think a law is stupid, doesn't mean you don't follow it. If pot is legal in your state, but you are arrested for it in a state that is illegal, you face consequences. This is the same thing.

Yes, the punishment is incredibly harsh, but she still broke a country's law that she was working in.

Also, if she wasn't famous for throwing a round object into a circle, would we even be talking about this?

AND... look what we gave up? We had to give up a man who was partially responsible for the DEATHS OF INNOCENT AMERICANS! All to bring back a citizen who's claim to fame was throwing a ball into a hoop.

Biden got exactly what he wanted. An American citizen freed from a corrupt Russian jail system. Putin got what he wanted. A washed-up arms dealer who's been jailed for 14 years.

Seemed like a fair trade to me. It's a win for the Griner family and the Biden team.

Sure, he would have preferred to get Whelan out as well. Putin was in disagreement that. So, Biden jumped on what he could get.

ok question - can you imagine a scenario in which a trade isn't worth it ?

where one American life isn't worth the asking price ?

Too bad you are so person blind. A Bad Conduct Discharge Marine (he tried to steal from the government- I can see how many MAGAs are OK with that) A habitual liar who lied repeatedly about his resume. A civilian bringing into Russia $80,000 USD under the pretense of attending the wedding (he instead met with an FSB Major, got a USB stick and was arrested) :unsure:

You are very bad at calling things like they are... ✌️

and Griner has a sheet of fighting, domestic abuse, unpatriotic gestured and taking illegal drugs to Russia .... neither have stellar resumes do they ?

The guy’s been in prison for over a decade. The odds of his network still existing in any meaningful way are effectively nonexistent
I agree, especially considering how frequently members of the oligarchy often disappear under mysterious circumstances. This, and I'm almost certain a fair number of political/war advisor's from here and abroad will be keeping a close tab on Viktor's whereabouts.

Righties on here would have preferred Griner rot in jail because she is a black lesbian and because it was Biden who made the exchange. It's as simple as that!
To a simple mind, perhaps.

To everyone claiming this is a massive Russian win....why? What did they win?

A 55 year old man who has been in custody for almost 15 years now? Who actually had fewer years left on his sentence than Griner did? Is it going to be great for their PR worldwide?

Where is the win?

if 100 people had died for Griner to be released would you rejoice ?

because men like Viktor .... he is responsible directly for dead people .... can we all hold hands and laugh and celebrate knowing that ?
Do you seriously think 100 people will die, or you just throwing poop, hoping something will stick??? :rolleyes:

Many people exchanged have blood on their hands, some we know about, some not so much... ✌️

Again, that's not taking away from what you said earlier. Look, I get it, the US is very archaic due to the two-party system. It's the way things work due to social dynamics at work here that many libertarians do not get.
I have no idea what this word salad is supposed to mean.

Great deal. We traded an international arms dealer for a petty freak who was profiting from Russia.

Yes, I suppose your bosses are pleased.

Great deal. We traded an international arms dealer for a petty freak who was profiting from Russia.
Y’all can’t find a different Fox headline?

I agree, especially considering how frequently members of the oligarchy often disappear under mysterious circumstances. This, and I'm almost certain a fair number of political/war advisor's from here and abroad will be keeping a close tab on Viktor's whereabouts.

Not to mention I very much doubt whoever took over the pieces of Bout’s empire that were left is going to be like “sure Viktor! You can go right back in charge, like the good ole days”.

I wonder if she realizes that a dangerous arms dealer, that we caught and put in prison, is now free to contribute to more deaths, because of her stupidity.

After being in prison for 14 years and the sanctions against Russia?

After being in prison for 14 years and the sanctions against Russia?
Do you think he's going to open an ice cream shop?

Back
Top Bottom