• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

The difficulty with Whelan is likely the nature of the crime he was accused of. Espionage is much more serious than a couple of vape cartridges. It would probably take a lot more than a mere prisoner swap to get him back.

there is truth there

but Putin is in control, he had Biden over a barrel, Biden HAD to get Griner back .... there isn't a big call for Whelan from American groups like there was for Griner

squeaky wheel and all, right ?

America is awful and racist and is "oppressing" her. :rolleyes:
it's kind of ironic that you're allowed to say what you say and she's allowed to say what she says (except in Russia) and you're both even allowed to fight for what you each think is right.

it's kind of ironic that you're allowed to say what you say and she's allowed to say what she says (except in Russia) and you're both even allowed to fight for what you each think is right.

I would urge President Biden to reconsider this prisoner swap. Leave her there, she already said that she doesnt like America.

Thats not true, she had a substantial amount.
I suggest you read the article at the link. She was caught with less than one (1) gram. Not at all a substantial amount.

"Griner’s appearance in the Khimki city courthouse marked her seventh hearing as Russian prosecutors accuse her of trying to smuggle less than 1 gram of cannabis oil in her luggage. She has pleaded guilty to drug charges – a decision her lawyers hope will result in a less severe sentence – and faces up to 10 years in prison."

Even if she did bring it, I just don't care. Like, I don't give a damn if a woman breaks Iran's morality laws, because **** Iran and their morality laws. Same shit here in Russia with drugs.

**** Russia.
And as long as you aren't traveling abroad, you can certainly hold and act upon those views.

If you choose to do it there though, and break the laws of the land, no amount of '**** them and their laws" is going to save you.

This woman was extremely lucky that Russia had a piece they wanted back.

I seriously doubt he was framed.
Based on what has been stated about this, he was. The Russians also made it pretty clear he is being held for a prisoner swap.

But even if he did do what the Russians said, wouldn't it make sense to prioritize a US agent over a civilian who again, did what she was accused of?

let's see what that family has to say...

This is the right move by the Whelan family. It will hopefully motivate the administration to continue fighting for his release and at the same time remind people that there are others waiting to come home. I don't think crying or bad mouthing Biden would be of any help.

The difficulty with Whelan is likely the nature of the crime he was accused of. Espionage is much more serious than a couple of vape cartridges. It would probably take a lot more than a mere prisoner swap to get him back.
Or at least more than one person.

If a vape cartridge takes an arms dealer, a spy will take several serial killers.

Based on what has been stated about this, he was. The Russians also made it pretty clear he is being held for a prisoner swap.

But even if he did do what the Russians said, wouldn't it make sense to prioritize a US agent over a civilian who again, did what she was accused of?
It would have if Putin would have agreed to it. Biden got what he could at this time.

I would urge President Biden to reconsider this prisoner swap. Leave her there, she already said that she doesnt like America.
Doesn't matter. America protects its citizens whether they like the country or not. Why do you hate freedom?

This is the right move by the Whelan family. It will hopefully motivate the administration to continue fighting for his release and at the same time remind people that there are others waiting to come home. I don't think crying or bad mouthing Biden would be of any help.
it's not the beginning. everything has been coordinated with the Biden Administration/team for probably as long as there has been a Biden Administration.

we were just all left out of the loop.

So we left a former marine who was actually framed (Wheelan) and traded an arms dealer for someone who committed the crime she was convicted of? Because of her celebrity status? And Biden was personally involved?

Betting this was purposely delayed until after the dust from the election settled.

He was kicked out of the marines.

I've seen people refer to him as a retired marine, which isn't even remotely true.

He was kicked out of the marines with a bad conduct discharge for stealing.

your posts about certain groups have a common theme.

I admit it, you got me.
I am all about violating the "rights" of criminals. I wont deny it.
#freechauvin

Great news! We welcome her back to AZ.

Where, you can legally purchase cannibis, thank god.
Is that true? Or do you need to take an illness? If you can outright buy pot in AZ that all of a sudden makes AZ really...wonderful. Considering their neighbors are New Mexico and Utah and Nevada and California.

Back
Top Bottom