• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

I'll take the Democrat's political pandering over the Republican's constant fight to curtail LGBT protections.
Given these two choices I would agree with you.

just wondering it seems like a lot of our " Spies " have been arrested and some killed after Trump took a lot of secret / top secret docs to MAL and not knowing if any of these had info about our people under cover , I wonder if there was any that got out having this info in them and if that was why Paul Wheelan was arrested and Jailed
again we don't know for sure either way
and IF we ever find out that there were docs that had this info in them taken to MAL and they got out TRUMP should be put on trial for Treason and IF found guilty HUNG in front of the White House and it should be on TV for everybody to see
Have a nice day

A person that breaks the law and is tried and sentenced to prison is not a "hostage" though.
Lets be honest. I insist.
you can call it whatever you want but she was famous and a hostage for Putin to use as a political pawn.

I am opposed to shitty laws, both here at home and abroad, yes.
Me too. Great. They still exist, people still get punished for breaking them, and those people shouldn't expect a prisoner swap.

No it isn't, in princple.
Not sure what else is going on here except that principle, but whatever.

He's smart. I wouldn't have traded a dog catcher for her not to mention a World Arms Trafficker
Except Trump's rhetoric as usual is as exaggerated as it can get. She wasn't 'loaded up with drugs'. She had one vape cartridge with cannabis oil and a prescription for it here in the US. She's already done 10 times the time that she would have gotten here in the US for a first offense.

She made a stupid mistake and paid the price. She's a human being and Biden did the right thing. You just don't like that she was gay and black.

I don't see it that way at all. Joe negotiated for the release of a great American. Speaking of opinions, yours is that Joe is a sucker. That's just your opinion.

what has Griner done to be labeled "great American" ?

I wonder if she realizes that a dangerous arms dealer, that we caught and put in prison, is now free to contribute to more deaths, because of her stupidity.

you assume a lot
who said Dems didn't care about him
again when a Republican President does something like this the right gives him all kinds of praise
Have a nice day

results matter

what is the status of Griner and how long was she there vs the status of Whelan and how long he's been there (and others) ??

I doubt you'll find a good response because it very much looks like the lesbian, black, high profile athlete got privilege doesn't it ?

Glad is she is on the way home.

I would hope she will announce she will not be going to Russia to play basketball anymore.

So we left a former marine who was actually framed (Wheelan) and traded an arms dealer for someone who committed the crime she was convicted of? Because of her celebrity status? And Biden was personally involved?

Betting this was purposely delayed until after the dust from the election settled.

I wonder if she realizes that a dangerous arms dealer, that we caught and put in prison, is now free to contribute to more deaths, because of her stupidity.
It doesn't matter. This is a great win politically for Biden.

to be fair to trump, for his entire life he was ripping of plumbers and painters and electricians while Joe was leaning about Government and how to get things done.

none of us should have expected the crook from NYC to know now to do stuff in Washington. he's just small time.

The really sad part is you have yourself convinced this was all about garnering votes for biden, so, that's your truth and if anyone disagrees with you, well, we're just wrong.

you have to see the obliviousness of it though - Democrats control the black vote and LGBT vote - if they didn't get Griner out, they would face a lot of pressures from those voting bases

results matter

what is the status of Griner and how long was she there vs the status of Whelan and how long he's been there (and others) ??

I doubt you'll find a good response because it very much looks like the lesbian, black, high profile athlete got privilege doesn't it ?
The difficulty with Whelan is likely the nature of the crime he was accused of. Espionage is much more serious than a couple of vape cartridges. It would probably take a lot more than a mere prisoner swap to get him back.

So we left a former marine who was actually framed (Wheelan) and traded an arms dealer for someone who committed the crime she was convicted of? Because of her celebrity status? And Biden was personally involved?

Betting this was purposely delayed until after the dust from the election settled.
let's see what that family has to say...

Back
Top Bottom