• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

I'm counting down the seconds until she becomes Enemy #1 in the right-wing. Trump will likely call for prison or worse if he's re-elected. since he's 'tough on drugs'. Duterte style.
The right needs new bread and circuses to distract their hoard, the Hunter laptop manufactured outrage isn't doing it any more.

So while the Republicans were doing their best to elect a wife/woman abuser who held a knife to his ex-wife's throat and trashed his own son in public Joe Biden, and specifically his team because he doesn't try to do everything by himself like the ex-president, was working on getting an American hostage back home.

Both parties aren't the same.
"Hostage."

🙄

Oh no! You can't have this medicine. It has a stigma! We have determined that using this substance which does ease suffering (documented) is a 'crime.'

Although, it is impossible to tell who the victim of this 'crime' is.

Compassion, I suppose.

I straight up do not agree with this, we just rang the dinner bell for nations to start arresting people for any reason they can find then bargain with the US for a prisoner swap.
That bell was rung long ago

People assume that Britney is guilty.

I don't.

Did anyone ever consider that the marijuana was planted on her and that she was framed by Russia?
I didn't assume her guilt but rather accepted it when she admitted her guilt to possessing the contraband.

Good. I hope that they are looking at travel restrictions in order to prevent the next kidnapping.

People assume that Britney is guilty.

I don't.

Did anyone ever consider that the marijuana was planted on her and that she was framed by Russia?
Even if she did bring it, I just don't care. Like, I don't give a damn if a woman breaks Iran's morality laws, because **** Iran and their morality laws. Same shit here in Russia with drugs.

**** Russia.

On the one hand, it was abominable to do all that to her.

On the other hand, I kinda wish we started making citizens sign a document saying they understand we're not going to negotiate any future releases of prisoners.

It's become a way for bad faith states to get us to free absolute scum in return for an often-innocent hostage (and I'm still holding out the possibility that that is this. Sure, she said she unintentionally (edited that in..whoops) brought it, but it would take either an extremely principled person or a complete idiot to argue that a set-up was indeed a set-up in a Russian court, and thus probably bring on a lifetime's worth of new manufactured charges).

Last edited:
^^ agreed. I am also disappointed they didn't include Whelan who served our country.
Yeah, I don't know why they backed down from the deal. Maybe things were being done to Griner and they felt they needed to get her out quickly?

They say "talks are ongoing" for Whelan, whatever that means.

I have explained above. Just think its sends an awful message and potentially sets a pretty bad precedent.

Happy for Griner and her family but ultimately I think its a pretty bad deal. This is a man that flew plane after plane of weapons into Afghanistan during 2001 which were used against NATO soldiers. Man was a menace around the world and he belongs in jail.

1 Vape cartridge = 10 years in a Russian Penal Colony.

That's bullshit and you know it.
Some laws are stupid. That doesn't mean you get to break them with impunity, and it doesn't mean you should expect someone to free an arms dealer in exchange for you.

Just announced by President Biden on Twitter.

She is on a plane bound for home.

Excellent diplomacy on the part of the Biden administration. So happy for Britney Griner and her family, it must be such a relief. I hope she hasn't suffered too much from the experience.

Wow, not surprised the MAGAts are shitting on the freeing of an American.

Oh wait, she's black and gay. And Joe Biden is President.
Exactly. Trump would have just let her sit there and rot.

Biden just keeps racking up his accomplishments. Quite a stellar record for only 23 months in office.

And Trump broke US law by taking and keeping top secret materials. You might not like the law, but that is how shit works.
Okay? I don't agree with trading him for an arms dealer either, so what the **** is your point?

Just announced by President Biden on Twitter.

She is on a plane bound for home.

Lesbian pot users are so valuable to America we will release some hardcore arms dealers to get them back.

I think Russia got the far better end of this deal

Back
Top Bottom