• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British warships could be sent in to protect freighters carrying crucial Ukrainian grain and break Putin's blockade of Black Sea ports that is threate

Nope, reality, no matter how hard you sob. “Whataboutism” was invented by those triggered that the rest of the world pointed out that the self proclaimed “home of the free” didn’t allow minorities to vote or exercise even basic rights.

I don't believe the British warships can legally enter the Black Sea, so that should make it difficult.

No, serfdom and slavery are not the same thing, and claiming they were is historically ignorant.

Oh look, Litwin reminding us he really doesn’t comprehend what the “free world” supposedly stands for.
I know, only Blacks can be slaves, just as only Jews can be genocide victims. If Both groups would recognize that they are not the Only people in the World who have ever been shit on, they would get a lot more sympathy from others.

I don't believe the British warships can legally enter the Black Sea, so that should make it difficult.
Other than permission from Turkey, what do they need?

Other than permission from Turkey, what do they need?

I think it was the Montreal Convention that determined that warships cannot enter the Black Sea via Turkey during a time of war unless they are flagged to a port in that region previously.

I know, only Blacks can be slaves, just as only Jews can be genocide victims. If Both groups would recognize that they are not the Only people in the World who have ever been shit on, they would get a lot more sympathy from others.

Again, serfdom and slavery are two entirely different concepts. Historical facts don’t go away just because they trigger you bud.

In the context of America and Germany respectively those groups were targeted for slavery and/or genocide. We talk about it a lot because slavery is a huge part of American history. We arent the only ones that bring these things up.

It is the Daily Mail so it actually happening is remote.

Also the UK would be absolutely nuts to put an aircraft carrier into the Black Sea with planes that are questionable at best.

But to get there, the UK would have to go through the Bosporus which means Turkey permission... Turkey might let a few destroyers through, but a carrier group? hell no.

Actually not so much. Only native ships get to pass.

Here's another interesting article.

Last edited:
Liz Truss is a moron. She can't even organise cheese!

Actually not so much. Only native ships get to pass.

British warships have been in the Black Sea quite a few times recently.

It would be like trying to ban Russian ships from The English Channel which Russian ships regularly pass through without incident.
British warships are not going to attack the Russian mainland as they aren't crewed by suicidal maniacs.

British warships have been in the Black Sea quite a few times recently.

It would be like trying to ban Russian ships from The English Channel which Russian ships regularly pass through without incident.
British warships are not going to attack the Russian mainland as they aren't crewed by suicidal maniacs.

Do you have a citation of a foreign warship entering the Black Sea since hostilies broke out? I haven't heard of anything but I did hear Turkey closed the strait in accordance to the agreement. It is nothing at all similar to the English Channel. That is an open water way for international trade. That isn't true for the Black Sea, it is a maritime dead end. Moreover, the English Channel is governed by a treaty with stipulations on right of passage conditions.

Do you have a citation of a foreign warship entering the Black Sea since hostilies broke out? I haven't heard of anything but I did hear Turkey closed the strait in accordance to the agreement. It is nothing at all similar to the English Channel. That is an open water way for international trade. That isn't true for the Black Sea, it is a maritime dead end. Moreover, the English Channel is governed by a treaty with stipulations on right of passage conditions.

There haven't been any recent conflicts in the area so nope but sea lanes must stay open and navies are allowed to escourt trade ships to make sure that happens.
US and UK warships will enter the area if they feel vital trade is being hindered.

Last edited:
Again, serfdom and slavery are two entirely different concepts. Historical facts don’t go away just because they trigger you bud.
If you deny that race is part of your definition of slavery, please provide lists of Non-Black peoples who you concede have been Slaves in the last 400 years..

There haven't been any recent conflicts in the area so nope but sea lanes must stay open and navies are allowed to escourt trade ships to make sure that happens.
US and UK warships will enter the area if they feel vital trade is being hindered.

There have been any recent hostilities in the Black Sea region? Really? You sure about that?

Show me some pictures of foreign warships transiting the Bosporus in the last few months then.

It is the Daily Mail so it actually happening is remote.

Also the UK would be absolutely nuts to put an aircraft carrier into the Black Sea with planes that are questionable at best.

But to get there, the UK would have to go through the Bosporus which means Turkey permission... Turkey might let a few destroyers through, but a carrier group? hell no.

Why are you spoiling the Daily Mail's nice script?

Do you have a citation of a foreign warship entering the Black Sea since hostilies broke out?
The current closure of the Turkish Straits under Montreux applies only to naval vessels. Free transit through the Straits for commercial purposes continues. Russia is abusing this distinction by using civilian merchant vessels as naval auxiliaries to supply logistics to its military operations in Syria and Ukraine.

If you deny that race is part of your definition of slavery, please provide lists of Non-Black peoples who you concede have been Slaves in the last 400 years..

Gee bud, the Scandinavian societies had slaves. Slavery existed in Ancient Rome. It also existed in North Africa and the Middle East. But in many places it was replaced by serfdom, which is an entirely different thing.

Perhaps you should try learning actual history instead of spending all your time crying about how persecuted African Americans make you feel 😂🙄

British ships have been protecting trade routes for hundreds of years.

Let's see how Russia responds to a carrier battle group with a bunch of F35-B on board.
Maybe just a Type 45 to stop any air attacks?

The Royal Navy may not be the world's largest any more but what is has is quality over quantity.

Tough talk.

Gee bud, the Scandinavian societies had slaves. Slavery existed in Ancient Rome. It also existed in North Africa and the Middle East. But in many places it was replaced by serfdom, which is an entirely different thing.

Perhaps you should try learning actual history instead of spending all your time crying about how persecuted African Americans make you feel 😂🙄
Not persecuted, just bored.

Back
Top Bottom