• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British voters increasingly dislike Brexit

FoYOv1YXsAEa0Qp

...but boyo the toffs got to stick it to Polish maids and Paki kebab stands, or something...

On the positive side though: Fawlty Towers will return!

Fawlty Towers: John Cleese to revive series with daughter

Though whether it has anything to do with Brexit is up for debate. Though I bet Brexit will give them plenty of materials for awkward situations with foreign tourists.

On the other hand Cleese is unfunny these days, so it might end up a hot mess.

Last edited:
- Fawlty Towers will return!

These things often disappoint. I went to the cinema to watch Peanuts (the 3D version) and there was none of the charm and humour of the original or even the original 2D animated series.

In British sitcoms like this, there was a really strong period where there were lots of really strong series and writers like Fawlty Towers / Steptoe and Son / Some Mothers do Ave 'Em / Porridge / Rise and Fall of Leonard Rossiter / Rising Damp that included really strong character actors but were also written by amazing writers.

I just worry this won't stand the test of time and it'll be a huge disappointment.

These things often disappoint. I went to the cinema to watch Peanuts (the 3D version) and there was none of the charm and humour of the original or even the original 2D animated series.

In British sitcoms like this, there was a really strong period where there were lots of really strong series and writers like Fawlty Towers / Steptoe and Son / Some Mothers do Ave 'Em / Porridge / Rise and Fall of Leonard Rossiter / Rising Damp that included really strong character actors but were also written by amazing writers.

I just worry this won't stand the test of time and it'll be a huge disappointment.
Fun fact and completely off topic, in the Spanish version of "Fawlty"down here (obviously dubbed from English into Spanish as they do), "Manuel" was made French.

I guess there's a limit to Spaniards laughing about themselves.:D

At the time of losing the vote, I accepted the fact. (Not happily)

3 years poverty isn't enough to change how the UK and its Brexiter voters would behave. I said at the time of the result that we need a generation of poverty and decline for

1) old leavers to die off
2) the EU to forgive us for the trouble we caused whenever we could in EU meetings.

There has not been enough suffering or decline yet I'm afraid. Farage will simply pop out of his box and start his rubbish again.

he claims usually that Brexit hasn't been Brexit enough....
Which is true, the entire British political elite didn’t want Brexit and so to punish voters for defying them they purposefully bungled the brexit process.

It won’t matter in the end though because the EU is going to collapse eventually as most European countries are in demographic death spirals. The next time Greek public employees start rioting about not getting full pensions at 49 or whatever their ridiculously low retirement age was there won’t be any EU funded by Germany to bail them out

Which is true, the entire British political elite didn’t want Brexit and so to punish voters for defying them they purposefully bungled the brexit process.

What you mean is the political elite with overseas bank accounts and offshore links so they could make the most of downgrading the UK from the 4th biggest economy into the 6th biggest economy.
There were no upsides to Brexit, half the electorate who fell for it fell for a lie and the other half wanted a smaller economy so that migrants would go elsewhere.

the EU is going to collapse eventually

Ho hum.

Eventually, there will be no need for such economies but people like you have been predicting the end of the EU for 40 years and in all that time it's only grown bigger and more powerful.

What you mean is the political elite with overseas bank accounts and offshore links so they could make the most of downgrading the UK from the 4th biggest economy into the 6th biggest economy.
There were no upsides to Brexit, half the electorate who fell for it fell for a lie and the other half wanted a smaller economy so that migrants would go elsewhere.

Ho hum.

Eventually, there will be no need for such economies but people like you have been predicting the end of the EU for 40 years and in all that time it's only grown bigger and more powerful.
It’s not gotten bigger and more powerful the last couple of years and as German manufacturing shuts down it will not resume growing

But what did they replace "I come from Barcelona!" or the vacuous "Que?" with?
I have to correct myself in that in Spain he was changed to Italian Paolo from Napoli and he made lasagna rather than paella.

The Catalans turned him into a Mexican.

Back
Top Bottom