• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

British Troops Beat Iraqi Teenagers on Video!!

It's totally frustrating to be told we're there (for one excuse) because Saddam Hussein tortured Iraqi citizens. :roll:

What are our troops REALLY dying for in Iraq?

It would help to know both sides of the story before passing judgement.

I got the impression they were making an example of him. I don't agree with the soldiers actions, but it seemed to be a reaction brought on by something the youths were doing. They (youth) might have been trying to provoke this type of response.

By most accounts, this type of abuse is not rampant in dealing with the population. Thankfully, the cases such as this one appear to be isolated to a few overzealous soldiers.

tumbleweed said:
It would help to know both sides of the story before passing judgement.

I got the impression they were making an example of him. I don't agree with the soldiers actions, but it seemed to be a reaction brought on by something the youths were doing. They (youth) might have been trying to provoke this type of response.

By most accounts, this type of abuse is not rampant in dealing with the population. Thankfully, the cases such as this one appear to be isolated to a few overzealous soldiers.

They were throwing rocks at the base oooooooooooo dangerous. Whatever they did is not the point. Is this winning hearts and minds? I mean Saddam would be proud of them, just like he would be proud of Abu gharib. Our bad actions will drive yound impressionable angry teens into the arms of terrorists, to create more bad actions.
Immoral behaviour breeds more immoral behaviour.

These people have been stoning things for thousands of years. They use it as a weapon. It can be pretty effective at times, inflicting serious injury in some cases. Their rocks are often bricks, or whatever is handy.

I can understand the soldiers frustration, but I don't condone their reaction.
These aren't innocent kids. All these people know is violence. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these innocent kids were throwing things to earn a living, as we haven't had much luck finding employment for them.

That's why Saddam had such a repressive regime. It's the only way he could effectively deal with these people.It's going to take more than candy and handshakes to change the mind of people who are brain-washed.

It's the failed policies in Iraq that contribute to these incidents.

They were told numerous times to take their loud music to another street corner.

Originally posted by GarzaUK:
Absolutly DISGRACEFUL!!! Just when we couldn't **** off our muslim population more
There are some things I wish my countryman would learn from the British. One is a sense of decency towards ones enemies. It is possible to have compassion and strength at the same time.

Originally posted by GySgt:
They were told numerous times to take their loud music to another street corner.
I wonder what the song was that they were playing?

Billo_Really said:
I wonder what the song was that they were playing?

Probably some "Satanic" Ozzy song. You know those rowdy kids.

Originally posted by GySgt:
Probably some "Satanic" Ozzy song. You know those rowdy kids.
It certainly couldn't be the soundtrack to some Sidney Pollack movie.

tumbleweed said:
These people have been stoning things for thousands of years. They use it as a weapon. It can be pretty effective at times, inflicting serious injury in some cases. Their rocks are often bricks, or whatever is handy.

I can understand the soldiers frustration, but I don't condone their reaction.
These aren't innocent kids. All these people know is violence. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these innocent kids were throwing things to earn a living, as we haven't had much luck finding employment for them.

That's why Saddam had such a repressive regime. It's the only way he could effectively deal with these people.It's going to take more than candy and handshakes to change the mind of people who are brain-washed.

It's the failed policies in Iraq that contribute to these incidents.

Are you really saying that Saddam is responsible of the ACTIONS of my nation's army?? WTF. They are the best trained troops in the world, they have no excuse for what they did.

So to change the minds of Iraqi's we have to beat them with sticks and kick them in family jewels. Your right if it means changing the minds of Iraqis to that we are oppressors.

Not to mention the one actually shooting the footage was urging his soldiers on saying "Get the little bastard. Die!" and so forth. Nah I'm pissed off.

GarzaUK said:
Are you really saying that Saddam is responsible of the ACTIONS of my nation's army?? WTF. They are the best trained troops in the world, they have no excuse for what they did.

So to change the minds of Iraqi's we have to beat them with sticks and kick them in family jewels. Your right if it means changing the minds of Iraqis to that we are oppressors.

Not to mention the one actually shooting the footage was urging his soldiers on saying "Get the little bastard. Die!" and so forth. Nah I'm pissed off.
I THINK he's trying to say that everyone in the world...yes, even you & I...have moments where unneeded outbursts occur...

What the troops did was wrong, but Saddam reign created that environment where something like this could occur...

What you saw was one instance of the masses being riotous...

What if these troops have been dealing with it everyday for a month straight?..How do you know they didn't start with smile and handshakes for a week, realized it wasn't working, then went to gunshots in the air, which was no good, then the instigations were finally too much for them to take?...

Can you imagine the frustration dealing with people who ONLY know violence?...You are looking through this with "Western" glasses...Put yourself in their shoes for a few months and you might get a little better knowledge as to how this uncivil civilization acts and reacts...

Where in troops training are they trained to be friendly to the enemy.Where in training are they trained to shake a persons hand who also use their hand as toilet paper to wipe their ass?

I get the impression the British weren't trained any better than US troops in dealing with these situations.Were'nt the troops under the impression these people would greet them with open arms?

Having had a son who spent 18 months in a slum called Sadar City, in Bagdad, I'm aware of the soldiers attitude towards these innocent rock-throwing kids.He was wounded twice, not by bullets, but by bricks. He was hit in the mouth by the first one, knocking out his front teeth, the second time his elbow was broke. Innocent my ass.

I said Saddam had a lot to do with the attitude of these innocent kids.

cnredd said:
Can you imagine the frustration dealing with people who ONLY know violence?...You are looking through this with "Western" glasses...Put yourself in their shoes for a few months and you might get a little better knowledge as to how this uncivil civilization acts and reacts...

lol I live in Northern Ireland so yeah I can imagine lol. Kids spit on policemen, throw stuff at them and they are not allowed to retaliate. Now that's discipline.

tumbleweed said:
I said Saddam had a lot to do with the attitude of these innocent kids.

Kids throw rocks at the police in riots over here, yet we have never had a dictorship. Hatred does things like this. Blame the parents if you must, but say Saddam is responsible for every Iraqi action..... well that's just silly.

GarzaUK said:
lol I live in Northern Ireland so yeah I can imagine lol. Kids spit on policemen, throw stuff at them and they are not allowed to retaliate. Now that's discipline.
Put those troops in their local community and you'll probably get the same...

But put them in the middle of a war zone where any one of those kids could have a bomb attached to their stomach and in a place thousands of miles away from home in what is the most uncivilized and violent place in the world and IT JUST might be a little different, dontchya think?...:2wave:

Do not blame me if i started to plan to explode anything british or american.
Do not blame us if we here started to fully support Bin Laden.
Do not then ask your stupid question: "Why do they hate us?"
Do not expect us to believe your lies about democracy and peace and all your bullcrap.
Your ugly soldiers deserve to be brutally slaughtered not simply shooted.Damn you, Dirtiest creatures.

Originally posted by Aleem:
Do not expect us to believe your lies about democracy and peace and all your bullcrap.
Your ugly soldiers deserve to be brutally slaughtered not simply shooted.Damn you, Dirtiest creatures.
Then I'll ask you this question, How does these things solve the problem?

Aleem said:

Don't blame us if you are accidently shot. It's getting very difficult to determine civilians from enemy combatants.

I got booted out the army for beating up the ethnics.
We used to beat up the poofs an all :lol:

Last edited:
GarzaUK said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4705482.stm

Absolutly DISGRACEFUL!!! Just when we couldn't **** off our muslim population more.

The media could care less who they **** off,which is why they should be booted out of Iraq,The media owes alligiance to no one and therefore should be restricted when it comes to the war and classified information.

Ironside said:
It's totally frustrating to be told we're there (for one excuse) because Saddam Hussein tortured Iraqi citizens. :roll:

What are our troops REALLY dying for in Iraq?

Hey guess what, thats totally of subject. Another moron trying to make the world leaders look bad. :roll:

GarzaUK said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4705482.stm

Absolutly DISGRACEFUL!!! Just when we couldn't **** off our muslim population more.

I agree. The beating was unnecessary. A few rounds from a british SA80 would have been more appropriate.
People tossing bricks at armed troops and tanks are begging to be drained from the gene pool anyway.

To you liberals who are trying to use this as another excuse to act on your knee-jerk impulse to grovel at the feet of psychotic, bloody Islam and trash your own civilization (and its common sense efforts to remove a genocidal terror-sponsor) I say this:

Do you think there were no Allied forces that in any way abused any innocents while taking down Nazi Germany?

Of course such misconduct (if that is what happened here) among individual groups of soldiers will occur. But before you pile this on top of all the left's habitual lying about and smearing of the cause in Iraq; before you try to add this to their 101 contradictory, irrational excuses for defending all our enemies, all the time, let's just keep in mind that the people you are so frantically biting your nails about offending are currently committing arson, murder, and boycotting Danish cheese all across the globe over a cartoon. It's not like things would be any better for us if this hadn't happened.

GarzaUK said:

"Discipline?" No...that's called "Law Enforcement." This is war. If you are ever able to tell the difference, maybe you can start to understand what is going on.

Are you under the impression that this was a freak occurrence? That these kids decided to show up on that day and the British troops decided to "discipline" them on a whim? I assure you that these troops have been dodging rocks and bricks for quite some time. Sooner or later, the kids will stop whether they stop themselves or they get help. It could have been worse......the British Troops could have open fired on them. But this is where the "discipline" is that you fail to recognize.

In Somalia, the Pakistanis caused an international incident by firing on the crowd and slaughtering women and children. They too were tired of dodging rocks and bricks.

Using cops in Ireland as a means to define "discipline" when attempting to display your disgust to men in combat is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom