• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British Jobs For Foreign Workers in 'Anti-Racist' Britain

Republic_Of_Public

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The latest sad example in the saga of British jobs being exported abroad and existing ones also going en-masse to foreigners here:

Biggest Asda meat supplier excludes English speakers as 'all instructions are given only in Polish' | Mail Online

Is this what Gordon Brown meant when he called for British Jobs For British Workers? The wider Left have always reviled the slimy turd for making this promise, but only because they're even more unsavoury. Even trade unionists now claim such a demand is racist, especially when the Reds claim the British worker is too lazy, undeducated and picky to deserve jobs even in their own country.

That's a damn cheek. Especially under Labour, education standards have plummeted, moral values have continued to disappear and incentive for pride in one's work has dropped. On top of that, young people are so encouraged to take higher education, even if it doesn't suit them, that Mickey Mouse courses have been invented to suit them, regardless of the lack of any real value in the world of work.

So what's the answer? Draft in coolie labour, whose homeland governments actually bothered to take some kind of care and pride in them, and replace the indigenous workforce. So, then, it's a boost to the 'good decent immigrant rescuing the crap-hole racist British' propaganda, on top of gaining plenty more disposable cheap labour to work the sweatshops and short-term retail positions, just to keep New Labour rolling for just a touch longer.

BRITAIN RUINED. JOB DONE!

A vast pile of evidence so thick, it doesn't even need sorting:

[ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=british+jobs+for+foreign+workers&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8"]british jobs for foreign workers - Google Search[/ame]

Last edited:
...And people from Labour have the nerve to slander the Sovereign as 'vermin':

Peter White describes Queen as 'vermin' and a 'parasite who milks the country' | Mail Online

He got the sack alright, but was that only because he was stupid enough to voice it? Are revolting thoughts OK in Labour if nobody else knows? (Don't forget Lefty propagandist Jo Moore being sacked for saying September 11 was a 'good day to bury bad news', though only after the email message leaked out.)

Its the Mail.. I question the story big time because of this.

A company advertised for workers, specifying the need to speak Polish. The authorities say they may well have broken the law by doing so. Daily Heil spin removed. The false outrage may well continue.

The protest is absolutely justified. It's hardly that this is the only case. And all the leftist 'holohoaxers' can rest easy - other news outlets cover the story too..

Supermarket supplier demands workers speak Polish - Telegraph

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/817352-asda-meat-supplier-excludes-english-speakers-from-factory-work

You'll notice Leftists on here moaning about the 'Daily Heil' and passing off the fact that the meat supplier did this as just a trifle. That's what Manc Skipper wrote!

You'll get NO queries as to why the specified language to understand is Polish instead of English. With that criteria, of course it'll be Poles to benefit, or the few who had to learn the language. That doesn't concern the loony Left at all, though they're suddenly the first to screech about 'discrimination' or 'racism' when Nick Griffin says that things should be in English!

Meanwhile, the vicious slander against the English continues unabated:

Polish Forums

Just you imagine the uproar even on here had this been the other way around. But as it is, Peter Mandelson instead told British out-of-workers to piddle off to Poland and look for work there, rather than just whine in his ear. This despite the Polish government being desperate to get their own people back to keep their country going.

That's who we have looking after us these days.

Last edited:
Wow. I guess people should sue the company I work for too. Imagine the nerve of requiring us to be fluent in 3 languages.

This **** has just got to stop. No, seriously. I'm outraged. I'm gonna quit in protest.

Brown is paying for his parochial remark about British jobs. Pandering to the more rabid nationalists among us was never a good idea. As a matter of fact, most of the influx of Poles sensibly disappeared back to Poland when the credit crunch first hit the UK.

I agree with Arcana that the nonsense has to stop.

Obviously English should be the 'master' language. It's the language of the Isles and of the vast majority of the people.

If a company then insists another language to be spoken is, say, Pakistani because of the huge number of them already working there, then that's up to them. I'd still think it was sad but on the other side of the coin it would give them no excuse.

But you can't just headhunt foreigners over the English.* (And I'm half-Pole myself, with the others in my family agreeing too.)

* And that includes integrated second-generation immigrants of course. And I'm not just saying that because I'm one myself.

Last edited:
I agree with Arcana that the nonsense has to stop.

Obviously English should be the 'master' language. It's the language of the Isles and of the vast majority of the people.

If a company then insists another language to be spoken is, say, Pakistani because of the huge number of them already working there, then that's up to them. I'd still think it was sad but on the other side of the coin it would give them no excuse.

But you can't just headhunt foreigners over the English.* (And I'm half-Pole myself, with the others in my family agreeing too.)

* And that includes integrated second-generation immigrants of course. And I'm not just saying that because I'm one myself.

I was being sarcastic, but anyhoo they're not hunting "foreigners", they're hunting fluent Polish speakers. The ads don't say must speak Polish ONLY. This is a private business, is it not? Do they not have the right to demand whatever specific skills they feel like demanding? Why do you hate the free market?

You must have missed the bit where I said: With that criteria, of course it'll be Poles to benefit, or the few who had to learn the language.
Poles are foreign. If you're asking for German speakers for a job, who'll be more likely to apply? Certainly not the majority of English-speaking Britons getting pushed out.

A 'private business'? Looks like some discrimination could be more acceptable than others: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/65404-lunatics-new-labour-state.html#post1058529947

What puts the Pole speaking Polish above over nationals applying for a meat job for the firm supplying Asda? Or any other company for that matter?

Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Poles are only the current cheap choice, getting exploited with dodgy working conditions, low pay and are more likely to suffer the handicap of being unable to challenge their situations without getting pushed out?

BBC News - Migrant and agency meat workers 'exploited'

Last edited:
In which case, RoP, it sounds like your real beef should be with regards to worker exploitation, not with requiring that applicants be fluent in more than English.

I was being sarcastic, but anyhoo they're not hunting "foreigners", they're hunting fluent Polish speakers. The ads don't say must speak Polish ONLY. This is a private business, is it not? Do they not have the right to demand whatever specific skills they feel like demanding? Why do you hate the free market?

Then it follows that anyone can advertise for only White workers, Asian workers or no Irish Need Apply.

You complained when i jokingly made references to political correctness in the "Eskimo" post but this appears to be the same PC craziness that will ultimately lead to the splintering and separations of groups, rather than an E Pluribus Unum situation.

Then it follows that anyone can advertise for only White workers, Asian workers or no Irish Need Apply.

You complained when i jokingly made references to political correctness in the "Eskimo" post but this appears to be the same PC craziness that will ultimately lead to the splintering and separations of groups, rather than an E Pluribus Unum situation.

No, it doesn't follow. White, Asian or Irish is not a skill. That would be discrimination based on race or nationality. It's a completely different issue.

And for the record, I think a private business should be able to hire who they bloody well please, even if it's an all white, skin-headed, all male staff. Let the customer decide who they want to do business with. But that's my unpopular Libertarian side.

What puts the Pole speaking Polish above over nationals applying for a meat job for the firm supplying Asda? Or any other company for that matter?

That's for said company to decide. If they want Polish speakers, they can demand Polish speakers. I really don't see where the problem is.

Ordinarily there shouldn't be one on just that level, but all we normally hear on that front are mantras about 'equal oppertunities employers' or how it's so evil to 'discriminate'. My last links provide just some evidence of that. (And the whole basis of the court action against the BNP was that they chose to pick their friends on a similar basis. The BNP's not the same as a meat packing company, but this type of policy can't be bad just for them.)

But it's suddenly OK to advertise jobs for Polish speakers. You hear not a peep then, though the Equalities and Human Rights Commission did say the company may have broken the law when they were pressed to.

(And this is NOT a situation calling for the speaking of more than one language - it calls for speakers to be properly fluent in Polish specifically, or it did until the firm was exposed by the press. A case of being deliberately obtuse perhaps.)

Last edited:
No, it doesn't follow. White, Asian or Irish is not a skill. That would be discrimination based on race or nationality. It's a completely different issue.

Good point, but I'm not entirely convinced.

And for the record, I think a private business should be able to hire who they bloody well please, even if it's an all white, skin-headed, all male staff. Let the customer decide who they want to do business with. But that's my unpopular Libertarian side.

Now I'm convinced!~!

In which case, RoP, it sounds like your real beef should be with regards to worker exploitation, not with requiring that applicants be fluent in more than English.

Well, that's one aspect anyway. Except for the usual misunderstanding about the multi-language point.

The opening post takes in both points about exploitation and discrimination against English speakers/people, a usual double-betrayal under New Labour.

Last edited:
Ordinarily there shouldn't be one on just that level, but all we normally hear on that front are mantras about 'equal oppertunities employers' or how it's so evil to 'discriminate'. My last links provide just some evidence of that. (And the whole basis of the court action against the BNP was that they chose to pick their friends on a similar basis. The BNP's not the same as a meat packing company, but this type of policy can't be bad just for them.)

But it's suddenly OK to advertise jobs for Polish speakers. You hear not a peep then, though the Equalities and Human Rights Commission did say the company may have broken the law when they were pressed to.

(And this is NOT a situation calling for the speaking of more than one language - it calls for speakers to be properly fluent in Polish specifically, or it did until the firm was exposed by the press. A case of being deliberately obtuse perhaps.)

The only way they would be breaking the law is if they were discriminating based on national origin. They're not. They want people who speak Polish, not necessarily people who ARE Polish. Is lack of foreign language skills now to be added to the already long list on the Equality Bill?

That comes back to a previous question - how does speaking Polish make you better at the meat job? It's not a qualification.

If you ask for Polish speakers, you'll be more likely to get Poles. And if you get Poles you get people cheaper and easier to exploit, hence the slope of a playing field which also suits an anti-indigenous 'affirmative action' mindset amongst the ruling political class.

And on top of that, as I've said, you just watch the race gestapo scream when you bring English speaking into the agenda as a benefit:
Taxi drivers accused of racism for displaying sign saying they are 'English speaking' | Mail Online

We can go round and round the mulberry bush as much as you like, though I do agree that certain markets should be allowed to flourish. If I was to call for a specifically English-only taxi firm or a Music of White Origin award, then those would be as valid as taxi firms comprising of all Asians or the MOBOs.

Last edited:
That comes back to a previous question - how does speaking Polish make you better at the meat job?

It doesn't matter if it doesn't make any sense to you or me or anyone else. This is a private business and they should be able to decide what skills are mandatory for employment or not.

If you ask for Polish speakers, you'll be more likely to get Poles.

Yeah, well, them's the breaks.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't make any sense to you or me or anyone else. This is a private business and they should be able to decide what skills are mandatory for employment or not.

Yes and no. There are laws to follow on the subject. Now language skills is not covered by most laws and is fully legal as a requirement, but advertising for Poles only would I suspect be illegal anywhere in Europe. For that matter at least in Denmark (and I believe it is an EU law), it is illegal to advertise for people of a specific sex too and a bunch of other things.. like religion, colour and so on.

It is all down to the wording basically.

Yes and no. There are laws to follow on the subject. Now language skills is not covered by most laws and is fully legal as a requirement, but advertising for Poles only would I suspect be illegal anywhere in Europe. For that matter at least in Denmark (and I believe it is an EU law), it is illegal to advertise for people of a specific sex too and a bunch of other things.. like religion, colour and so on.

It is all down to the wording basically.

I agree. It's what I was saying earlier, the only way they would be breaking the law would be if they were looking to hire Poles only. But my understanding is they're looking for Polish speakers. Significant difference.

Back
Top Bottom