• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British education system among worst in the world

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As most of you should already know, the British have been heavily criticized for their education system, and how they are "more like prison facilities" than "learning institutions".

Strictest rules in the world and unlike America, students have absolutely no freedom of assembly and are forced to be branded like cattle by wearing school uniforms. Uniforms have been proven to have more negative effects on schools and on human behavior than positive. They also don't have high schools in England, they have little 11 and 12 year olds mixed up with teenagers, they don't separated 13-18 from the kids, like they do in America. Reasons (aside from the more obvious ones) that 11 and 12 year olds don't belong near teenagers:
1. Two entirely different maturity levels.

2. The teens have hit puberty and the kids have not.

3. That must wreak havok on dating out there, and especially on sex.

4. 11 and 12 year olds shouldn't be exposed to all the drug dealings and sex that goes on in high school.

5. If one were to get in a fight with the little kids, and they did not know they were little kids (though it's pretty obvious to spot the 12 year olds, since they stand out for being complete dumbasses), they could seriously injure or possibly even kill them, since they are such fragile creatures, they could also get in some real serious trouble for insulting a non-teen child and possibly serve time.

Last edited:
Notice how the free world (America) doesn't have school uniforms (in public schools). And yet, America's education system, while it has some flaws, is praised as being one of the best in the world.

Notice how the free world (America) doesn't have school uniforms (in public schools). And yet, America's education system, while it has some flaws, is praised as being one of the best in the world.
Our university system is, our public education system is just as bad.

Dating a 13 year old is a little odd, but still socially acceptable. Trying to date a 12 year old makes you a pedophile. There's a huge difference between liking younger women and being a pedophile.

Last edited:
Have you ever branded cattle? I assure you that having to wear a uniform does not in the least compare to it.

And some of our public schools require uniforms, too. Personally, I think it's a good idea.

Dating a 13 year old is a little odd, but still socially acceptable. Trying to date a 12 year old makes you a pedophile. There's a huge difference between liking younger women and being a pedophile.

What's that got to do with schooling in Britain?

Have you ever branded cattle? I assure you that having to wear a uniform does not in the least compare to it.

And some of our public schools require uniforms, too. Personally, I think it's a good idea.

Thank god 95% of all Americans disagree with you on the point that "it's a good idea" we don't have that in America and it would never work. We would have student protests and people just wouldn't obey the rule, and it wouldn't be enforced.

Strictest rules in the world and unlike America, students have absolutely no freedom of assembly and are forced to be branded like cattle by wearing school uniforms.

Brilliant.

I love the fact UK schools have school uniforms. It's always been a good idea and I wouldn't support any change to that policy

Brilliant.

I love the fact UK schools have school uniforms. It's always been a good idea and I wouldn't support any change to that policy

You're British, your opinion is meaningless. You have no say in American politics.

Sorry you are 17, not much of a difference really

As one that has been educated under both... British > US hands down.

I went to private school in England, fortunately or Unfortunately I didn't get to go to state school there, but I heard some schools in England were pretty damned bad, I mean really really bad.

Pregnancy rates at my government school in Canada, were really low, I remember only 2 or 3 girls being preggers at my school the whole three years I was there.

I knew a counsillor at a state school in England, their numbers were much higher, I believe they had between 40-50 girls pregnant in a school that was actually smaller.

But unfair to say the entire system is like that, as with any state system there are good schools and bad schools.

Obviously if its a bad neighbourhood, chances are the school is a little rougher, especially the schools that cater to kids that live in Public Housing, that especially tends to be a hard existence for kids growing up, lots of bullying and violence.

Moderator's Warning:
Discussion about other posters' ages or motivations are inappropriate. Let's stick to the topic, please.

Back
Top Bottom