• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

British cancelled African dreams, literally

Ignoring uninformed Woke Americans - Another informed African on the problems with Africa :

"Most African leaders are despots and failures. But leadership failure is not synonymous with failure of Africans as a people. And criticizing African leaders does not mean one hates black people.”

George Ayittey

Ghanaian economist, author and president of the Free Africa Foundation

Ignoring uninformed Woke Americans - Another informed African on the problems with Africa :

"Most African leaders are despots and failures. But leadership failure is not synonymous with failure of Africans as a people. And criticizing African leaders does not mean one hates black people.”

George Ayittey

Ghanaian economist, author and president of the Free Africa Foundation

More hysterical tears about “wokeness”.

More fanatical inability to face the fact that colonialism wrecked the continent.

Even the worse local leader was exponentially better than the tyrants imposed from London and Paris, Berlin and Brussels.

Let's ignore the trolls and read what another intelligent African has to say about the problems in Africa :

"Why Africa is Backward"

The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Abdul Ganiyu Ambali

According to the Vice-Chancellor, ignorance is the root cause of the various challenges confronting Africa. “Other problems like poor leadership, corruption, unemployment, diseases and violence derive from that root,” he said, adding that “with more functional education, which is the foundation of development, we shall overcome the challenges”.

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/fnews/1488-why-africa-is-backward-ambali
What always confuses me is scientists claim we all originated from Southern Africa, how did the knowledge get lost? How come industry and stuff is not prominent there? People start migrating the world and Chineese start inventing stuff, Egypt starts investing stuff, Greece starts inventing stuff etc..etc

I had an old boss who was South African and I made the mistake of asking him does he think low cost manufacturing would eventually circle the globe ( Europe > America > Japan > China and Vietnam >> >>>) he told me definitely not with Africa and laughed.

1654829790740.png

I had an old boss who was South African and I made the mistake of asking him does he think low cost manufacturing would eventually circle the globe ( Europe > America > Japan > China and Vietnam >> >>>) he told me definitely not with Africa and laughed.

I spent some years in South Africa, after leaving Malawi, and was involved in a manufacturing business employing over 600 people.

I found that many black South Africans there had a very poor work ethic, especially the men. Zulu tradition/culture was for the men to sit around and drink maize beer whilst the women made food and did the housework. Children looked after the cattle. We preferred to employ locals of Indian origin as they were far more productive and had a far better work ethic, but fell foul of the Employment Equity Act which insisted we employ more people of African descent. We therefore made the decision to mechanise as much as we could. The work ethic of Malawians was far better. I guess the only difference was culture.

Back
Top Bottom