• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britain's National Health Service is in crisis

Those are socialized systems.
Show us a single private practice operating INSIDE the VA.
Show us a single VA doctor who is not a government employee.

Again, you are the walking, talking, living incarnation of Duning-Kruger.
Keep it up, it's entertaining, like watching when your cat discovers gravity and knocks shit off the counter.

You are asserting a lot of energy toward a semantics debate.

I'm not surprised. conservatives have been running that country for some time now, and everything they touch seems to turn to shit.

Conservatives tell us government is dysfunctional and then get into power and prove it.

So the solution is a universal health care system run by liberals? Is that the only way for a single-payer system to work in a country?

CEOWorld Magazine's Health Care Index "is a statistical analysis of the overall quality of the health care system, including health care infrastructure; health care professionals (doctors, nursing staff, and other health workers) competencies; cost (USD p.a.per capita); quality medicine availability, and government readiness."

Each country is given a score for each of the above factors and then a total score out of 100. According to this index, the ten countries with the best health care are:

1. South Korea
  2. Taiwan
  3. Denmark
  4. Austria
  5. Japan
  6. Australia
  7. France
  8. Spain
  9. Belgium
  10. United Kingdom

^Venture a guess whether these countries have a liberal or conservative healthcare system. One can imagine the UK will be dropping from the ten spot now thanks to UK's Tories.

There is no UK politician running saying they should change to an American style system

Nope.
It would be political suicide to try and run on a platform of a US style system.

The tenure of Theresa May and her love for trickle down economics showed just how that goes down in the UK.
She crashed and burned in epic style and is now just a footnote in history.
The UK is not the US and while we may speak the same language politics here is very different.

A knee replacement surgery isn't life-threatening.

So wait, you think people are waiting in line for treatment of life-threatening illnesses?

CEOWorld Magazine's Health Care Index "is a statistical analysis of the overall quality of the health care system, including health care infrastructure; health care professionals (doctors, nursing staff, and other health workers) competencies; cost (USD p.a.per capita); quality medicine availability, and government readiness."

Each country is given a score for each of the above factors and then a total score out of 100. According to this index, the ten countries with the best health care are:

1. South Korea
  2. Taiwan
  3. Denmark
  4. Austria
  5. Japan
  6. Australia
  7. France
  8. Spain
  9. Belgium
  10. United Kingdom

^Venture a guess whether these countries have a liberal or conservative healthcare system. One can imagine the UK will be dropping from the ten spot now thanks to UK's Tories.

Funny how Canada is not on that list.

Can't blame the Tories for that.....

A lot of them as well spent their youth protesting Thatcher as they saw their communities being ripped apart by her government. But now they are older, comfortable etc they side with the very thing they grew up hating.

It astounds me how many people become more conservative over time. Me, my wife, and my friends have only moved further to the left (but, then again, we're Millennials).

Funny how Canada is not on that list.

Can't blame the Tories for that.....

A lot of countries out there in the world, turns out.

Btw, Canada is #23. USA is #30.

So wait, you think people are waiting in line for treatment of life-threatening illnesses?

Isn't the ER for...... emergencies?

How is a bum knee an emergency?

Utterly biased source.

Yes it should.. problem is, the Conservatives have been in power for 12+ years and caused this problem. Sunak also has admitted going private once, and that will cost him a ton of votes.

The NHS is popular among the right and left, and the Conservative Tories leadership have been wanting to privatize the NHS since the 1970s. Problem is if they did outright, then they would never get elected again. So instead they have slowly degraded the NHS over decades with idiotic policies. Their latest move is not to give doctors and nurses wage increase that at least meet inflation, and at the same time basically kick out EU nurses and doctors resulting in a massive reduction in both. Add in a failed Covid policy and massive corruption in the Tory party and you have the NHS of today.

Hey at least they can see a doctor unlike the US.. no money, no doctor.
who told you that?

Isn't the ER for...... emergencies?

How is a bum knee an emergency?

The ER is for minor and non-life threatening illnesses/injuries, too.

The U.S. has a terrible non-UHC system though.

So which non-UHC system is the best? We've got nearly 200 countries out there. Surely there's at least one that has a better non-UHC system??

It astounds me how many people become more conservative over time. Me, my wife, and my friends have only moved further to the left (but, then again, we're Millennials).

Yeh same to be honest. I grew up on bases and joined the Army young. Served in Iraq etc and when i joined this forum i was right wing and also pretty Islamophobic. But as the years have gone my eyes have been opened especially in the last 10 years. I’ll be voting Labour again

Are you kidding me????????????

When to go to the ER​

Certain medical conditions are considered emergencies because they can require rapid or advanced treatments, including surgery, that are only available in a hospital setting.

Symptoms that are best evaluated in an emergency room include:

• Chest pain or difficulty breathing
  • Weakness/numbness on one side
  • Slurred speech
  • Fainting/change in mental state
  • Serious burns
  • Head or eye injury
  • Concussion/confusion
  • Broken bones and dislocated joints
  • Fever with a rash
  • Seizures
  • Severe cuts that may require stitches
  • Facial lacerations
  • Severe cold or flu symptoms
  • Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy

I've been to the ER before for broken bones and torn ligaments. Non-life-threatening but still require immediate care.

I've also had an actual illness that nearly killed me. Didn't have to wait around the ER like I did with the others.

When to go to the ER​

Certain medical conditions are considered emergencies because they can require rapid or advanced treatments, including surgery, that are only available in a hospital setting.

Symptoms that are best evaluated in an emergency room include:

• Chest pain or difficulty breathing
  • Weakness/numbness on one side
  • Slurred speech
  • Fainting/change in mental state
  • Serious burns
  • Head or eye injury
  • Concussion/confusion
  • Broken bones and dislocated joints
  • Fever with a rash
  • Seizures
  • Severe cuts that may require stitches
  • Facial lacerations
  • Severe cold or flu symptoms
  • Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy

I've been to the ER before for broken bones and torn ligaments. Non-life-threatening but still require immediate care.

I've also had an actual illness that nearly killed me. Didn't have to wait around the ER like I did with the others.

That's absolutely pathetic. There are people with real life-threatening issues like a heart attack and stroke and you go to the er over some bruises?

This should be a massive wake-up call for liberals. The single-payer model is crumbling in the UK. I very much doubt Rishi Sunak is getting medical care through the NHS.

UK citizens who suffer a heart attack have to wait over 2 hours just to be seen by a doctor. What an absolute travesty that is!
Crumbling after 75 years? Sounds like more of an infrastructure problem than a problem with the system.

That's absolutely pathetic. There are people with real life-threatening issues like a heart attack and stroke and you go to the er over some bruises?

The people with the heart attacks and strokes don't have to wait around. They get taken in immediately and I'm pretty sure it's the law, too.

Btw, one of my ER visits was for a stroke. Didn't have to wait with everyone else.

Did you really not know how this all worked?

Back
Top Bottom