• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britain's Boris Johnson says Putin threatened him with missile strike

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
this is the insane Russiaphobia driving the hate towards Putin that got us here
Johnson, speaking to the BBC for a documentary, said the Russian leader had asked him about the prospects of Ukraine joining NATO, to which he had responded it would not be "for the foreseeable future".
He threatened me at one point, and he said, 'Boris, I don't want to hurt you but, with a missile, it would only take a minute' or something like that. Jolly," Johnson said, recalling the "very long" and "most extraordinary" call in February 2022 which followed a visit by the then prime minister to Kyiv.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters what Johnson had said was not true, or "more precisely, a lie".

Not impossible Putin said that, sounds like something he'd say. But it's also Boris Johnson talking, he's like Trump in the regard that he just says alot of things, much of it he just made up.

Johnson, speaking to the BBC for a documentary, said the Russian leader had asked him about the prospects of Ukraine joining NATO, to which he had responded it would not be "for the foreseeable future".
He threatened me at one point, and he said, 'Boris, I don't want to hurt you but, with a missile, it would only take a minute' or something like that. Jolly," Johnson said, recalling the "very long" and "most extraordinary" call in February 2022 which followed a visit by the then prime minister to Kyiv.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters what Johnson had said was not true, or "more precisely, a lie".
Putins integrity stock is rock bottom. It is more than likely Boris is telling the truth.

When a mad dog is cornered they tend to be a bit snappy.

How do you get the taste out of your mouth?

Since those types of telephone calls are invariably recorded by both parties, I wonder when the tapes will be released?

It reminds me of the time Khushov threatened JFK by nuking US.

There can be only one reply to that: "You nuke us? We nuke you."

Not easy to run a war when half your country (the good half) is a radioactive smoking rubble.

Putins integrity stock is rock bottom. It is more than likely Boris is telling the truth.

When a mad dog is cornered they tend to be a bit snappy.
Putin is probably the most honest foreign leader there is. They’ve been saying for years that NATO-izing the Ukraine was a red line and unlike Obama who set red lines in Syria only to disregard them the Russians followed through

how many young Ukrainians kids/children/toddlers are you okay with Putin slaughtering?

Putin is probably the most honest foreign leader there is. They’ve been saying for years that NATO-izing the Ukraine was a red line and unlike Obama who set red lines in Syria only to disregard them the Russians followed through
Trump? Donald Trump? Is that you?

Little suprise; Boris is one of the biggest neocon quacks for the last several years.

Boris should have reminded Putts that Russia isn't the only country with missiles, hung up the phone, and called a press conference saying that the UK supports Ukraine joining NATO.

Wow.

And Ukraine isn't in NATO. Although I can think of one thing that would drive them to it, and Putin did it.

Boris should have reminded Putts that Russia isn't the only country with missiles, hung up the phone, and called a press conference saying that the UK supports Ukraine joining NATO.
No to jingoism.

it's not jingoism is he only said it to Putin in response to Putin making a threat.
Making counter threats is a childish way to go. Fits the UK perfectly.

Why not do the simple thing and release the tape of the phone call?

If anyone thinks that those phone calls are NOT recorded, their day pass from "The Home" is cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom