• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britain Votes for Brexit [W:46]

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Quote: The U.K. has voted to leave the European Union by a 52 percent to 48 percent margin, the BBC and others predict.

—In a historic vote, the United Kingdom has voted to leave the European Union by a 52-percent-to-48-percent margin, according to forecasts from the BBC, ITV, and others.

The stunning move opens up a Pandora's box of questions not only about how the U.K. will extricate itself from the 28-member bloc and the relationship it will have with it, but also about the future of British Prime Minister David Cameron’s government, of the country itself, and of the EU, post-World War II Europe's most ambitious political experiment.

It's official! Britain is out of the EU.
Thoughts?
Comments?
The Brexit Referendum Results - The Atlantic

I was in favor of the UK leaving, I don't think that the U.K. benefits or needs the EU.

This is a huge crack in the dike. Frankly, the Euros should have just left it as a trade bloc instead of trying to create a "United States of Europe" run by unaccountable bureaucrats in Brussels.

two huge political blows today for obama's over-inflated ego. tone deaf to the working class as usual no matter which country he lectures.

Last edited:
The Telegraph's Tim Stanley waxes rhapsodic, calling this "a vote of confidence in Britain":

No. People wanted to have their say and they did. Up and down the country they defied the experts and went with their conscience. Labour voters most of all: the northeast rebelled against a century of Labour leadership. I am astonished. Staggered. Humbled. I should never have lost faith in my countrymen. Those bold, brave, beautiful British voters.

...When I was leaving my polling station, I said to a chap: “I found voting quite emotional.” He replied that this was the day we got our freedom back. That’s how it feels for millions of Britons. This was the day the British people defied their jailers

Yet another chapter in the great string of people voting against their own interests.

The British People have made a foolish decision today.

two huge political blows today for obama's over-inflated ego. tone deaf to the working class as usual.

I don't know if you know this, but Obama isn't a British politician and the Brexit has nothing whatsoever to do with him, or the United States in general. Sorry to disappont you.

two huge political blows today for obama's over-inflated ego. tone deaf to the working class as usual no matter which country he lectures.

Serious Obama derangement syndrome here....

Really, get over your Obama hate, he won....twice. He lives rent free in your head.

I'm actually curious here. Please explain, in your own words (ha ha), what the **** the Brexit has to do with Obama and his over-inflated ego.

I don't know if you know this, but Obama isn't a British politician and the Brexit has nothing whatsoever to do with him, or the United States in general. Sorry to disappont you.

I don't know if you know Obama is a globalist elite jerk and todays vote just told him and politicians like him to **** off.

I'm actually curious here. Please explain, in your own words (ha ha), what the **** the Brexit has to do with Obama and his over-inflated ego.

I don't know if you know Obama is a globalist elite jerk and todays vote just told him and politicians like him to **** off.

And that....Kobie...is all the detail you're going to get.

And the stunned media dies what it is trained to do.....

When stumped, play the race card.

Benghaziiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!

And the stunned media dies what it is trained to do.....

When stumped, play the race card.

And apparently conservatives will do what they are trained to do...

Play the victim card.

And apparently conservatives will do what they are trained to do...

Play the victim card.

Maybe you guys shouldn't have trained them.

"I know you are but what am I ?"

Extreme weak-sauce.

No, it was more like calling liberals Master Yoda and conservatives Luke Skywalker in the skill of crying like a bitch.

No, it was more like calling liberals Master Yoda and conservatives Luke Skywalker in the skill of crying like a bitch.

Bwahahahahahahz

Hyperbolic twaddle and ODS

I feel like I've just seen a massive mistake be made.

Why do you think that making a gigantic economic decision based on the dislike of immigrants would be a mistake? I honestly don't see how that could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom