• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bristol Palin and Melissa Rivers are trading places

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Celebrity "Wife" Swap right now on ABC.

Eh...there's nothing else on. Maybe it will be slightly entertaining. :shrug:

I thought it was okay. Watching Duck Dynasty reruns now. I wonder if those guys smoke pot....they seem incredibly relaxed.

I thought it was okay. Watching Duck Dynasty reruns now. I wonder if those guys smoke pot....they seem incredibly relaxed.

I love me some Duck Dynasty. I'm going to bet they don't smoke weed.

I'd rather poke both my eyes out with a red hot poker than watch that crap.

Who can't get enough of watching Joan Rivers?

I found the Wife Swap show to be very boring.

The show after it (the murder mystery) was really interesting!

Great, two of the Four Horsemen together on one show.

I watched it. Wife Swap is a show I've watched before a few times. This episode was pretty good. I was happy to see Bristol doing well financially, as a single mom albeit not typical. Even Rivers' daughter commented on how nice her home was. I think she makes a good living as a motivational speaker and author. Not bad for an early 20s single mom.

The only somewhat contentious event was a dinner party Joan Rivers hosted for Bristol where Bristol said she felt ganged up on. She didnt know it but Joan instructed the party guests NOT to be unkind to Bristol. I also thnk Bristol was way to sensitive in what were IMHO honest curiosity questions, not mean spirited rhetorical questions Bristol received as "attacks", a term I already hate to hear in political discourse. IMHO the use of the language of violence in our deliberately peaceful policies process is a dangerous slippery slope. This especially when most of the time violent terminology is used metaphorically in politics, it seems to me to be a political correctness ploy (oddly by all political sides but primarily conservative who supposedly reject political correctness) to demonize speech the user of the violence terminology wants to shut the person up about. Then my biggest fear, once we have become accustomed to thinking of politics in violent terms, it could lead to some people actually taking the next step and acting in a truly violent way.

All in all, a good show. Both families learned from each other on things they can do to enhance and improve family life and people with differing political perspectives can actually like each other and be friends.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I've watched Wife Swap for a long time, but in general I don't like the celebrity versions.

In those shows, it's one celebrity living an extremely pampered life, and the other celebrity is living a slightly less pampered, but overall still pampered, life. I did kind of enjoy the one with Alan Thicke and Gilbert Gottfried though.

Rivers and Palin was okay, strictly because of the political aspect. Bristol bitched about Melissa and Joan working so much, but that's because Bristol is one of those insipid "famous for being famous" celebrities. Of course, to an extent Melissa Rivers is too, but Joan had to work for her spotlight - and I personally think that she's the funniest female comic ever, leagues ahead of Kathy Griffin.

Oh, and I already called the Man Card hotline - I've been told that watching Wife Swap when there is absolutely nothing else on is not a manhood infraction.

Back
Top Bottom