• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

If you want to use a different term for the mother, you're free to do so.

Just woman, I think, would work better. I don't think you can simultaneously say the life inside the woman isn't a real human worthy of life and also call that woman a mother. For the women that do intent to keep that little life going inside them, it seems much more appropriate.

Look, prometeus, you are woefully unequipped for this discussion
:lamo Coming from you that is a compliment. Thanks.

and are only succeeding in proving to the world how little you actually know.
Enough to have demonstrated that all you can do is cut and paste.

you seem oblivious to the existence of single celled organisms
Not at all and your diversion by mentioning them is just that a diversion.

and try to lecture others about the science of human development.
Not at all. If you wanted lectures, you should have attended in institution of higher learning. It appears that even lessons were missed by you.

I've provided the evidence, Prometeus.
No, you cut and pasted a general comment and I showed that you.

Explain to me the definition of organism as you understand it
Your initial description was adequate, it lacked the direct mention of homeostasis.

exposing your lack of knowledge makes me feel like I am clubbing a baby seal.
Yea, I can see how such an activity would be considered an intellectual undertaking by you.

Human cells reproduce themselves all the time. That is how you grow.
Indeed, but you claimed that the single cell was an organism and that IT reproduced. We do not grow by reproducing ourselves. The simple fact that "reproduction" is not a trait that an organism possess all the time but rather develops to be capable of it, yet you insisted that by cell division the fertilized egg reproduced, you have already betrayed your incompetence in this matter.

If the cell division results in two cells that remain connected to one another
:lamo:lamo Like holding hands or just emotionally?

:lamo Coming from you that is a compliment. Thanks.

Hah! Of course you would. Why would you choose join reality at this point?

Enough to have demonstrated that all you can do is cut and paste.

Nope. I've provided links to back up my argument. You have provided nothing and avoid doing anything to substantiate your claims.

So feel free to provide anything to back up your argument.

Not at all and your diversion by mentioning them is just that a diversion.

A "diversion"? You are the one claiming that a single cell can't be an organism! :lol:

Not at all. If you wanted lectures, you should have attended in institution of higher learning. It appears that even lessons were missed by you.

You don't understand even high school level biology.

No, you cut and pasted a general comment and I showed that you.

What did you show? You've shown nothing. I've provided you with links to information so that you can better educate yourself. No shock that you didn't make use of them.

Your initial description was adequate, it lacked the direct mention of homeostasis.

LOL, so you don't think the fertilized egg achieves homeostasis either? The depth of your ignorance is stunning.

Tell me, how do you think the egg survives?

Yea, I can see how such an activity would be considered an intellectual undertaking by you.

Debating someone like you who is completely deficient on the subject matter is indeed an undertaking.

Indeed, but you claimed that the single cell was an organism and that IT reproduced. We do not grow by reproducing ourselves. The simple fact that "reproduction" is not a trait that an organism possess all the time but rather develops to be capable of it, yet you insisted that by cell division the fertilized egg reproduced, you have already betrayed your incompetence in this matter.

Again, your inability to understand basic concepts of biology doesn't make for a great rebuttal.

:lamo:lamo Like holding hands or just emotionally?

:roll: The sad thing is that you think you are helping your side.

Out of all the posts above and below...this, this here, space aliens -- is the most sensible...

Really? I realize it is mine but I thought this one was....at least, no one was able to show how this flash of light made any difference re: animal reproduction and abortion.

And the article says it's been observed in other animals. So....should it now be illegal to kill other animals?

Exactly how does this make Homo sapiens 'special' and not subject to abortion?

They are not living organisms separately, but they become a living organism upon fertilization.

Objectively, scientifically correct.

Tragically, there are many pro-aborts here who have an argument with reality itself.

Hah! Of course you would. Why would you choose join reality at this point?
Because reality does work for me and it clearly upsets you.

I've provided links to back up my argument.
BS. You cut and pasted and when challenged on it you referred to the second sentence which clearly did not support your assertion.

A "diversion"? You are the one claiming that a single cell can't be an organism! :lol:
No that is your lie. I said that a zygote is not one. Then again considering the ignorance and lack of understanding you have shown it is no surprise you need to resort to lies.

so you don't think the fertilized egg achieves homeostasis either?
Correct and there has been nothing offered that it does.

The depth of your ignorance is stunning.
To the uneducated probably.

Tell me, how do you think the egg survives?
Pregnant woman's organs.

The sad thing is that you think you are helping your side.
My side does not need my help, facts help and the tripe you and your ilk post just reinforce that.

I see where the saying "so and so is a dim bulb" came from.

The beginning of life is a political argument, not a biological one. As a society, we have decided that killing a fetus is of no more consequence that popping a zit.

It's odd that living people are against the very process that brought them here.

So? Who cares when life begins inside of another human being? It's still that other human being's right to abort it if she so desires.
Well finally an admission. Now we need to make you care.

I see where the saying "so and so is a dim bulb" came from.

The beginning of life is a political argument, not a biological one. As a society, we have decided that killing a fetus is of no more consequence that popping a zit.

It's odd that living people are against the very process that brought them here.

I knew I would like someone's interpretation to something I have said before.

Well finally an admission. Now we need to make you care.

I care more about probably thousands of things than I do an aborted fetus prior to 12 weeks...

We have real world issues going on that affect the born and all you guys do is whine about this issue...

The day that I see some of you concerned, actively donating time and/or money, to the born I will take your concern about this issue slightly more seriously...

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

When life begins...

Fact.

“All of biology starts at the time of fertilization...” -- Professor Teresa Woodruff

To pre-meditatively end that human life after this point? It's murder.

Like in many, too-many cases -- government and the law just need to catch up.

But they will.

And the article says it's been observed in other animals. So....should it now be illegal to kill other animals?

Exactly how does this make Homo sapiens 'special' and not subject to abortion?

Quite a bit of information in the thread....so, how is the OP article 'significant?'

Back
Top Bottom