• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brexit- Not happening?

Brexit Artcle 50

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Brexit- Not happening?
Well the Leaders of Leave have come out and stated they were wrong in their own statements on EU funding. Migration of Brits working in the EU??
Well over a million Brits work inside the EU, and not in the UK.
Voters were lied to. Brexit Leave leaders have been caught in their lies and people are upset as hell.

Brexit ain't happening.
Remember you read it here first.
Well many Cons do not want BJ as PM.
He has daily walked back his so called promises that all would be normal.
UKIP- Same thing – He is fast on the backtrack

The referendum is non-binding.

Parliament under the new PM, may have a free vote based upon the results??
Or under a free vote, Parliament will cozy it up nicely, saying that the issues were unclear, that the possible breakup of the country will not happen based upon such a slim majority vote.
That it was rejected by Scotland and Northern Ireland.

But this vote (Brexit) will demonstrate & send a clear message to the EU that issues must be addressed.

Next thing as the repercussions, second thoughts, more info comes to light, Parliament only has to take it under advisement.
Easy enough to say, if they stand for the most part together, the results were not definitive and the UK will not implement Article 50. They wear the press crap for a tad, and move on.

Then new elections will be called after the Cons sort out who will be the leader.
Labor Party is in a mess.
This would provide a stepping stone to reel in Brussels, the EU Parliament and the Crats.
Countries want more sovereignty, not a Unified Federal Govt in the EU running everyone. Yet some Govt’s and Crats in particular want more unity.
That will not happen and the message will be less, not more.
Possibly the ability to opt out of EU mandated programs.
Possibly a set limit on migrants within an EU country- levels to be set.
Removal of the 1 country Veto on Foreign Policy- and other issues.

EU presently has 2 seat on the UN Permanent Security Council. They would only have France if the Brits exit. A significant loss in powers and influence.

What we will see is less integration within the EU. The Crats are in trouble along with the elected member of the EU Parliament

Poll questions
Article 50 will not be implemented.
Article 50 will be implemented.

Other Pls explain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...op-table-main_comment-720a-top:homepage/story
An astute online comment has some wondering whether Brexit may ever happen
View attachment 67203374

The British parliament will do what it decides to do after it makes that decision.

Brexit- Not happening?
Well the Leaders of Leave have come out and stated they were wrong in their own statements on EU funding. Migration of Brits working in the EU??
Voters were lied to. Brexit Leave leaders have been caught in their lies and people are upset as hell.

Brexit ain't happening.

Or under a free vote, Parliament will cozy it up nicely, saying that the issues were unclear, that the possible breakup of the country will not happen based upon such a slim majority vote.

But this vote (Brexit) will demonstrate & send a clear message to the EU that issues must be addressed.

Next thing as the repercussions, second thoughts, more info comes to light, Parliament only has to take it under advisement.
Easy enough to say, if they stand for the most part together, the results were not definitive and the UK will not implement Article 50. They wear the press crap for a tad, and move on.

Then new elections will be called after the Cons sort out who will be the leader.
This would provide a stepping stone to reel in Brussels, the EU Parliament and the Crats.
Countries want more sovereignty, not a Unified Federal Govt in the EU running everyone. Yet some Govt’s and Crats in particular want more unity.

EU presently has 2 seat on the UN Permanent Security Council. They would only have France if the Brits exit. A significant loss in powers and influence.

What we will see is less integration within the EU. The Crats are in trouble along with the elected member of the EU Parliament

Poll questions

Other Pls explain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...op-table-main_comment-720a-top:homepage/story
View attachment 67203374

I think Brexit is going to happen...but I'd be very happy to be wrong.

I think Brexit is going to happen...but I'd be very happy to be wrong.

I do not. BJ, Farage and Cameron will be toasted.
People are angrier now than before the vote.
An old Army saying- Wait, watch, shoot.
That is what is going on.
Cameron stated he would implement Article 50 after the vote. He resigned. This gives time for people to think.
Boris will become a sideshow.
Now they, Parliament has to quell the anger, over the lies they were fed.

Brits are now seeing that the results are harsh economics. from funds that Councils in areas depended upon. 1 Council who were all in favor were surprised that they would not receive their 60 M per year as they live in an economically deprived area. Not getting that money did change their minds
From the lies that 350 M pounds supposedly sent weekly to the EU would be reinvested in Health Care.
I do not see Article 50 implemented.

Sorry!

No taksies backsies!

The vote was held. Just because sore losers don't like it shouldn't be a reason for an immediate do-over. :roll:

Otherwise, why didn't we have a do-over when Bush Jr. stole the election from Al Gore? (Just kidding).

No. Let the people live with their choice. Stop doom-saying and wait to see how event shake out.

Sorry!

No taksies backsies!

The vote was held. Just because people don't like it shouldn't be a reason for an immediate do-over. :roll:

Otherwise, why didn't we have a do-over when Bush Jr. stole the election from Al Gore? (Just kidding).

No. Let the people live with their choice. Stop doom-saying and wait to see how event shake out.

And a non binding referendum.

I admit I am NOT an expert on this issue. I've followed it, but not very closely.

But since the vote I detect some remorse and A LOT of backtracking by the Brexit people. IMO a deal will be worked out. And the UK will remain in the EU.

I already said what was going to happen.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...xit-w-46-a-post1066000047.html#post1066000047
Meanwhile, with Corbyn and his labour opposition in total disarray, Cameron and U.S. are going to use this window of opportunity to vote on attacking Syria.
Also, the Iraq War report is coming out later this week and this referendum debate will give Blair some breathing room as he is being blamed for the decision to attack Iraq.

Britain will leave the EU, and tensions will continue to escalate between the two powers.

And a non binding referendum.

What??

Look. People need to take responsibility for their choices.

The issue was raised. People were aware of the choice.

They did not have to depend on the news and propaganda to make their choice.

They could have done their research...used that tool everyone has literally in the palms of their hands and googled/binged/whatever the knowledge they needed to make an informed decision.

Who's to say many of them didn't?

The vote should stand. It should not be reversed just because some people don't think it was a good idea...especially not because they are being shamed by people from outside the voting population who believe what they did was wrong.

What??

They could have done their research...used that tool everyone has literally in the palms of their hands and googled/binged/whatever the knowledge they needed to make an informed decision.

The vote should stand. It should not be reverse just because some people don't think it was a good idea...especially not because they are being shamed by people from outside the voting population who believe what they did was wrong.

Nope- they are distressed by the lies that BJ and Farage are now walking back
Next, the vote is non binding.

Brexit- Not happening?

Brexit ain't happening.

Poll questions

Other Pls explain

View attachment 67203374

To quote the great thinker and politician Gandalf, it is but a fool's hope, but one I hold nonetheless.

I have posted the theory already that three months is a long time to stew over a really bad decision with awful consequences happening all around them. It is my theory (and a fool's hope) that a not-insignificant number of Leave voters were making protest votes, and didn't really consider that leaving the EU was something that they could actually make happen.

Which speaks to another problem, but I'll leave it at that for now.

To quote the great thinker and politician Gandalf, it is but a fool's hope, but one I hold nonetheless.

With the backlash against leaving, all politicians and sitting on their respective haunches and listening to people. They will find a way. They do like their jobs.
Only a few like Farage and BJ are out in the open.

Nope- they are distressed by the lies that BJ and Farage are now walking back
Next, the vote is non binding.

I am aware of that.

One would expect their "democratically elected" representatives to act on such a referendum or expose these referendums for the sham they are.

Renege on too many and the people lose faith in their government...

What??

The vote should stand. It should not be reversed just because some people don't think it was a good idea...especially not because they are being shamed by people from outside the voting population who believe what they did was wrong.

How does anybody really know that the Leave voters did not make a deliberate vote?
The media pretends they were in the booth with every voter, but they were not.
We are talking about 17 or 18 million people who voted to leave. It can not be said they are all stupid or uneducated.
Lots of people are against free trade and the TPP here in North America and immigration policies and if given the chance they too would vote to toss all the trade agreements into the ocean. If I was a Leave voter and my vote was cancelled, I would set out to burn parliament to the ground. It was a fair vote and it must stand.

Last edited:
Other. Let the queen preside over a royal (yet non-biinding) coin toss. ;)

I am aware of that.

One would expect their "democratically elected" representatives to act on such a referendum or expose these referendums for the sham they are.

Renege on too many and the people lose faith in their government...

They lost more faith in the Leave leaders.

I think that Parliament should and could overrule the referendum in the best interests of the UK. It can already be seen that leaving the EU will damage the country and maybe even bring an end the United Kingdom.

What??

Even though, Brexit was a stupid idea. I agree with you, this needs to go down. So other countries residents can see that their are consequences for listening to just the talking points. By other countries I mean the USA...

It will ding us, and slow the EU down. And I think it will hurt just enough for people capable, but to lazy, to realize maybe the guy saying the thing you want to hear, may only be saying it because you want to hear it. And spur them into looking past mass media journalism, which is profit driven, and researching things themselves.

Heck, I have always been a little tempted to let Tea Partiers put a few of their policies in. But then I remember, the idiots that vote for them will just blame it on Obama when it goes wrong. Thirty years from now, they will still be bitching about Obama. But who am I to talk, I still bitch about Reagan. Somehow I know this is all Reagan's fault.

*Note to stupid people: That last bit about Reagan. Obama and the Tea Party is all satire, meant to instill a point. For those that don't recognize satire in context. If you don't know what the point is, your one of the people who needs to stop listening to just the talking points, and put the extra effort in. And the fact your still going to think I was being serious, means you probably should put more thought into what people say. Instead of jumping to conclusions with little or no evidence. And if you find fault with this note, it means you consider yourself stupid and think that I am talking directly to you. And you're probably right! :2wave:

Last edited:
All this freaking out about Brexit, the market dumping, the claims that the UK will break up.....over something we don't even know will happen or not.

If it doesn't go ahead and happen I'll be disappointed because I'm making money on this deal right now.

I a true democracy a referendum carried or not is it, and Cameron stalling won't help, article 50 should be called now not in Semptember

All I see is a bunch of squawking by globalist scum who are sore they lost and want a do over.I hope the UK leaves the EU.

All I see is a bunch of squawking by globalist scum who are sore they lost and want a do over.I hope the UK leaves the EU.

Why?

Back
Top Bottom