• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brexit most likely outcome say pollsters, betting markets and Labour

It's sounding like Northern Ireland may exit Britain after scotland.

EU referendum results live: Brexit likely to win say Nigel Farage, betting markets and Labour

Pretty amazing and historic vote. I believe ive read before that if Briton votes to exit EU, Scotland has threatened to pull out of great Briton and independently rejoin the EU.

The Scottish vote was 1,661,191 remain and 1,018,322 leave,

So in Scotland the remains clearly have it. This might just trigger a new independence vote/referendum and I am not so sure that this time they will want to remain in the UK.

And it is historic and it will cost them a lot of money to be allowed access to the EU free market. One thing that will most likely happen is a Brexavalange of financial companies from the UK towards the mainland. The Pound is already taken a massive hit and now is at a number not seen since 1985.

The Nikkei has taken an 8% hit. Who knows what the London market will do when it opens. I suspect a massive hit that will make the Nikkei one look like small potatoes.

God those people are such complete assholes.

The EU is very flawed so I understand having issues with it but man... what a massive move this is.

It is partly that uncertainty that will destroy the UK economy, you can't have that massive uncertainty in the corporate world. The UK has now become too risky to do business in.

First off, even if they do leave it's going to take quite some time

Second, they may not even leave, Parliament might be able to stop it.

Third, you're talking about one of the strongest countries in Europe, with a huge military and plenty of industry and finance. It's a stable place, the UK isn't going to self destruct. Right now we're just seeing bankers and traders going crazy because they can, but nothing is changing and it won't for some time even if the UK really does end up leaving the EU.

It's a lot of overblown nonsense.

Well, whether or not we all become rape-cannibals in the Mad Max apocalypse, one thing is for sure: rich people are about to get a ****-ton richer.

I thought all the stock markets were about to nosedive?

I thought all the stock markets were about to nosedive?

Yes, and that's why those with tremendous amounts of disposable income are about to get a ton of shares on the cheap. That's what happens every time there's a major nosedive and why there's always an extraordinary transfer of wealth.

Man, if I had more money I would load up on so many etf's tomorrow.

Is anyone claiming apocalypse is eminent now? Cause I don't see that claim anywhere in the thread other than from sarcastic straw man posts.

Eh. Carjosse is claiming that Britain (the worlds' 5th largest economy) is now too risky to do business in, so all her industry will flee. Others are mostly focusing on the short term "oh the stock market/Pound is going to sharply decline" bit.

Eh. Carjosse is claiming that Britain (the worlds' 5th largest economy) is now too risky to do business in, so all her industry will flee. Others are mostly focusing on the short term "oh the stock market/Pound is going to sharply decline" bit.

This is all true. Not permanent damage for sure but Briton will take a financial pounding in the short and mid term future.

Last edited:
Both voted for Remain especially Scotland which had no area vote to leave. I imagine this will also increase Republican sentiment in Northern Ireland.
Ya, I just saw the map in the OP link. Wow, solid blue for both Scotland and N. Ireland. Britain almost solid red. Wales voted to leave, too. How come S. Ireland didn't vote...or did they?

Well folks, if you want a sneak preview of what electing Trump would do to the global economy, you have it now.

All my Brit friends are for the exit. imagration and the low or stagnant wages are the driving fsctors in their votes.

I am interested in how the EU Will treat Britain if it is a leave vote, and if any other union countries will follow Britains example.

They will be treated very harshly and they will have to really put a lot of things on the table if they want to remain trading with the EU as before. And they will have to make all new trade agreements with just about every country in the world. And I do not think they will be so willing to give the UK as preferential a treatment as they would give to the EU.

This is all true. Not permanent damage for sure but Briton is take a financial ass pounding.
Nothing has Actually Changed, though. Britain has as many workers, ports, and warehouses today as she did yesterday. She has the same trade deals today as she did yesterday. They will be renegotiated, but the idea that all those negotiations will end in sky high tarrifs, economic isolation, and sanctions is silly. Britain is the 5th largest Economy, no one wants to have no economic relationship with her.

Again, I think we see a lot of to-do, with some great buying opportunities, followed by a return of reason.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Well folks, if you want a sneak preview of what electing Trump would do to the global economy, you have it now.

Ayup.

Well, one less country I can live in and work in. But its England, screw em'.

My 401(k) is gonna get pounded....(pun intended)

Nothing has Actually Changed, though. Britain has as many workers, ports, and warehouses today as she did yesterday. She has the same trade deals today as she did yesterday. They will be renegotiated, but the idea that all those negotiations will end in sky high tarrifs, economic isolation, and sanctions is silly. Britain is the 5th largest Economy, no one wants to have no economic relationship with her.

Again, I think we see a lot of to-do, with some great buying opportunities, followed by a return of reason.

The BBC says that if the UK goes through with leaving the EU, it could take a minimum of two years to complete. At least two whole trips around the sun. And the markets are freaking out now. Bankers and traders....den of vipers.

The BBC says that if the UK goes through with leaving the EU, it could take a minimum of two years to complete. At least two whole trips around the sun.

1. BBC. Next up: Hannity explains that the Obama administration is bad.

2. If so, :shrug: that reinforces the point. These things are going to be processed. Britain didn't vote to become North Korea, she voted to go into a renegotiating process, which will be informed, as all are, by key stakeholders.

And the markets are freaking out now. Bankers and traders....den of vipers.

Well, generally short term thinkers.

The BBC says that if the UK goes through with leaving the EU, it could take a minimum of two years to complete. At least two whole trips around the sun. And the markets are freaking out now. Bankers and traders....den of vipers.

We live in a world of futures betting. That's why the Dow had a pretty good day today and will probably lose 600+, maybe 700+ tomorrow.

We live in a world of futures betting. That's why the Dow had a pretty good day today and will probably lose 600+, maybe 700+ tomorrow.

It's unfortunate, since we are given to the whims and fancies of traders instead of something real.

If I'm not mistaken though, Scotland's economy by itself is bigger than the rest of great Britain's. That is what GB will be losing from their economy.

Back
Top Bottom