• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage booed in the European Parliament

Arkantos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Nigel Farage has been booed in the European parliament after he insulted fellow MEPs in an extraordinary exchange in the wake of the Brexit vote.

Any hopes of the Ukip leader adopting a more conciliatory tone before the difficult negotiations that lie ahead were dashed by his belligerent speech to a highly charged emergency session of the parliament in Brussels on Tuesday.

As Farage goaded his fellow MEPs, the feeling of antipathy appeared mutual during rowdy proceedings in which his chief defender was the far-right French politician Marine Le Pen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/28/meps-boo-nigel-farage-insults-in-european-parliament

All he is doing, is making it even harder for the UK to negotiate a Brexit.. he is, and always will be the biggest moron in UK politics.

Do you not think that is his game plan all along?
Of course.

And, to address a previous inanity, Farage and the truth do not speak to each other under ANY circumstance. If he were to claim that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow, one is well advised to look West. Or buy candles.

Of course.

And, to address a previous inanity, Farage and the truth do not speak to each other under ANY circumstance. If he were to claim that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow, one is well advised to look West. Or buy candles.

Your low opinion of Farage makes him look good. Thanks.

The "insults" he threw out there:
“When I came here 17 years ago and said I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union you all laughed at me. Well I have to say, you’re not laughing now are you?” he taunted.

“And the reason you’re so upset, the reason you’re so angry, has been perfectly clear from all the angry exchanges this morning. You, as a political project, are in denial. You are in denial that your currency is failing,” Farage said.

Despite urging a “grown-up” conversation between the EU and Britain, Farage continued in a similarly mocking vein throughout his monologue, at one point telling MEPs: “Virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives.”

I like him!! We need a whole more folks cut from his cloth in all of our political systems.

He can be a jerk and I do NOT always agree with him (his refugee paranoia for one).

But everything he said in that speech seems true to me.

On my listening to Nigal Farage I heard booing and clapping so it wasn't all that bad, and what is wrong with a country that wants to have control over it's soveriegnty, but on looking at all the commentators only one would tell their location, there is Somewhere Else. then No Show and Denmark and another No Show, Expatia and another No Show, Beautiful Place and Where I am Now, people who seem to be ashamed of where they live but wish to criticise other countries?.

Last edited:
Ha ha. Just read that the guy face palming in the background is a cardiac surgeon who grew up in a gulag.

Not a day of real hard graft on his part I bet. Not like nige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom