• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brett Kavanaugh Just Declared War on Roe v. Wade

Perhaps it is time to bring Brett back to the House to hear and respond to testimony from his accusers who did not get to speak at his confirmation hearings?

I have actually heard that that is the plan.

Just have to give them time. They are too busy with the White House right now. :lol:

In all fairness Bush was an establishment Republican. That makes him virtually indistinguishable from your average Democratic politician. It's little wonder Roberts is drifting left already. Give him a couple of years and he'll be a full blown justice Kennedy.

They are supposed to rule according to law, not according to their personal beliefs on abortion (or any other issue).

I see Slate, as usually, worked itself up to overwrought panic and hysteria. :roll: As I understand the issue here it was LA's requirement that a doctor performing an abortion have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital - HORROR of HORRORS. :eek:

There's no need for him/her to.

I have actually heard that that is the plan.

Just have to give them time. They are too busy with the White House right now. :lol:
Forget it, not going to happen.

There's not anywhere near enough smoking gun evidence to force Kavanaugh from the bench. Don't get me wrong, his partisanship and reactionary agenda are in plain sight, but the chance for that to matter was in his confirmation, and the supposed GOP moderates (Murkowski aside) highly approved of it.

There's only one way to repair the court.

Forget it, not going to happen.

There's not anywhere near enough smoking gun evidence to force Kavanaugh from the bench. Don't get me wrong, his partisanship and reactionary agenda are in plain sight, but the chance for that to matter was in his confirmation, and the supposed GOP moderates (Murkowski aside) highly approved of it.

There's only one way to repair the court.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Disclaimer for those not cool enough to get the reference.

One of my all-time favorite movies!

And of course I didnt have to look. :)

Disclaimer for those not cool enough to get the reference.

Well, that's actually the idea.

When the Democrats have the House, Senate, and WH again, they should change the rules for the cloture of legislation defining the size of the SCOTUS and circuit courts, then pass a law allowing the next Democrat president to add one additional judge to the court.

I'd say put Garland in there and that would divide the court into 4 liberals, 4 conservatives, one 'lean' liberal swing vote, and one 'lean' conservative swing vote.

I doubt the Dems will ever have the balls to do this, though.

One of my all-time favorite movies!

And of course I didnt have to look. :)
Get away from her, you ... very sweet lady.

Well, that's actually the idea.

When the Democrats have the House, Senate, and WH again, they should change the rules for the cloture of legislation defining the size of the SCOTUS and circuit courts, then pass a law allowing the next Democrat president to add one additional judge to the court.

I'd say put Garland in there and that would divide the court into 4 liberals, 4 conservatives, one 'lean' liberal swing vote, and one 'lean' conservative swing vote.

I doubt the Dems will ever have the balls to do this, though.

^^ this.

I find it interesting I can't find what the Louisiana law who's trying to mandate. Any Google search on it shows Supreme Court case but no explanation on what the law was.

Did anybody else find this information?

Clearly you do not, yet here you are spouting your ignorant drivel. Why not educate yourself instead?
So, you don't and you're trying to cover your ignorance with B.S.

If something goes wrong she is headed for the ER regardless. In other words the requirement is bull crap.

Exactly. Besides, if something goes wrong, they aren't going to give her emergency treatment on the ward, they are going to do it in the ER. And it's faster to get treated by an ER doc than wait for the surgeon to get there.

So, you don't and you're trying to cover your ignorance with B.S.
Your pathetic attempt to project your ignorance does not work. Fact remains that medical emergencies are handled by the ER.

Despite his dishonest protestations at his confirmation hearing, Kavanaugh exactly where I thought the douche-bag would be regarding abortion.

Probably should have work done getting that made into an Amendment. Courts can overturn previous decisions.

I would expect nothing different from Hold Her Down Kavanaugh.

Despite his dishonest protestations at his confirmation hearing, Kavanaugh exactly where I thought the douche-bag would be regarding abortion.

This is such a childish article. ("Pinky-swear"? Really? Is the writer a junior high schoolgirl? It's Slate, so maybe.)

Kavanuagh's concerns were purely procedural. His concern that the factual assumptions made in a pre-enforcement period (before the law takes effect), upon which the argument under Women's Health would apply, would turn out to be inaccurate, and that, given the 45-day trial period, there was no harm in a (common!) wait-and-see approach, especially when he'd have done it without prejudice against the plaintiffs filing further action IF the factual assumptions turned out to be correct. This is hardly a controversial or uncommon position.

In other words, he took a judicially conservative approach on the procedural question of whether or not a law which hasn't even taken effect yet should be enjoined, which is 1) perfectly legitimate, and 2) perfectly in line with his approach on other cases having nothing whatever to do with abortion.

This decision had absolutely nothing to do with Roe v. Wade. But I understand that there are plenty of people sitting crouched ready to pounce at anything, anything at all, from which they can possibly maybe muster up some kind of whiff of "anti-Roe!!!" even if they have to Stretch Armstrong it.

His dissent is three pages with generous margins. The responsible thing is to read it, and not rely on people peddling the stories you want to hear to do your thinking for you.

Back
Top Bottom