• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

I know the difference between cover and concealment. Bathtub, fridge? It was dark, just hide or as I also wrote...retreat back out.
You think upon immediately entering a building and taking fire the police should go looking for a bathtub. And how does retreating out of the doorway protect. Please don’t tell me you think most apartment walls will stop a bullet.
And in your mind you think it was so dark in the room that the police could have just hid from shooting at them but somehow it was light enough that they coiled tell that only one of the two people standing side by side was shooting at them and the other was unarmed.
That’s quite the fairy tale land you live in.
It really sounds like you watch too many movies.

I learned that you're Hollywood movies? Derp.
Yes I am sure you have never had an auto correct typo in your life.
The fact that that was the only thing you could address and not my actual post says a lot about you. And none of it good.

You think upon immediately entering a building and taking fire the police should go looking for a bathtub. And how does retreating out of the doorway protect.
Depends on many factors...you seem to see things in black or white...like taking a few suggestions and then asking a stupid question.

And being outside, moving, unseen, with multiple barriers? Come on...I havent seen you around before that I remember but I tend to remember really stupid. This is the first you've been on 'that radar.'

Please don’t tell me you think most apartment walls will stop a bullet.
Are you not aware of the actual, single charge that was made in the grand jury? :rolleyes:

And in your mind you think it was so dark in the room that the police could have just hid from shooting at them but somehow it was light enough that they coiled tell that only one of the two people standing side by side was shooting at them and the other was unarmed.
Thank you for confirming that the cops were wrong to return fire. They didnt identify their target. Nighttime, residence, innocents sleeping, dark, etc.

That’s quite the fairy tale land you live in.
It really sounds like you watch too many movies.
Actually I've had quite a bit of self defensive gun training. And trained with NYPD and St. Louis PD when I was a park ranger.

And I describe reality, not what I believe suits my agenda, like what you seem to be doing to justify the cops shooting an innocent woman.

So why can't grand jury decisions be made based upon an understanding of the dynamics of race instead of rigid western concepts? Why are you so fixated on only standard of justice created by a group of white men centuries ago?

You mean examine facts should be abandoned?

Depends on many factors...you seem to see things in black or white...like taking a few suggestions and then asking a stupid question.

And being outside, moving, unseen, with multiple barriers? Come on...I havent seen you around before that I remember but I tend to remember really stupid. This is the first you've been on 'that radar.'

Are you not aware of the actual, single charge that was made in the grand jury? :rolleyes:

Thank you for confirming that the cops were wrong to return fire. They didnt identify their target. Nighttime, residence, innocents sleeping, dark, etc.

Actually I've had quite a bit of self defensive gun training. And trained with NYPD and St. Louis PD when I was a park ranger.

And I describe reality, not what I believe suits my agenda, like what you seem to be doing to justify the cops shooting an innocent woman.
You are the one trying to tell the police what they should have done all with out knowing all the circumstances of the situation.

And speaking of stupid saying the cops who just entered a building and were being shot at should have moved to cover in a bathtub instead of shooting back is the height of stupidity. Sorry but it simply is.

The cop that was shot was inside the apartment as were the others who were shot at.
Being unseen and moving around outside does not apply to them at all.
I never once said the cops were wrong to return fire. That is just you being dishonest. They were being fired at while executing a lawful warrant. They had every right to return fire. Please try to be less honest.
The fact that you think that after being engaged inside of a house the proper response is to take cover instead of shooting back proves that what ever training you may have had was pretty crappy training

And just FYI because it is obvious your training sucked the vast majority of tubs and fridge doors will not even slow down a pistol bullet let alone provide cover. Hide behind them and you are getting shot.
Stop believing what you see on TV.

You are the one trying to tell the police what they should have done all with out knowing all the circumstances of the situation.

And speaking of stupid saying the cops who just entered a building and were being shot at should have moved to cover in a bathtub instead of shooting back is the height of stupidity. Sorry but it simply is.

The cop that was shot was inside the apartment as were the others who were shot at.
Being unseen and moving around outside does not apply to them at all.
I never once said the cops were wrong to return fire. That is just you being dishonest. They were being fired at while executing a lawful warrant. They had every right to return fire. Please try to be less honest.
The fact that you think that after being engaged inside of a house the proper response is to take cover instead of shooting back proves that what ever training you may have had was pretty crappy training

And just FYI because it is obvious your training sucked the vast majority of tubs and fridge doors will not even slow down a pistol bullet let alone provide cover. Hide behind them and you are getting shot.
Stop believing what you see on TV.
You are bobbing and weaving all over here. I never said they should have moved to a bathtub...that's a fullblown lie. You asked what might be used in a home as cover.

In light of such abject dishonesty, I think we're done here. You've posted nothing that myself and others havent already disputed.

You are bobbing and weaving all over here. I never said they should have moved to a bathtub...that's a fullblown lie. You asked what might be used in a home as cover.

In light of such abject dishonesty, I think we're done here. You've posted nothing that myself and others havent already disputed.
You said they should move to cover. When asked what you think was cover in a typical apartment you said a fridge or bathtub. Why would bring those up if they were not cover they should have used. You got caught talking bs and you know it.
And speaking of dishonesty can you quote me confirming that the cops were wrong to return fire. We both know you can’t and we’re just making crap up.
You have not disputed anything. All you have done is prove your knowledge of firearms training and self defense is horrible lacking.

You said they should move to cover. When asked what you think was cover in a typical apartment you said a fridge or bathtub. Why would bring those up if they were not cover they should have used. You got caught talking bs and you know it.
And speaking of dishonesty can you quote me confirming that the cops were wrong to return fire. We both know you can’t and we’re just making crap up.
You have not disputed anything. All you have done is prove your knowledge of firearms training and self defense is horrible lacking.
I said find cover, retreat, exit residence. And dont be obtuse...you seem to know zero about gunfights. If there were a step by step plan, no cops would ever get shot :rolleyes:

I didnt say you said they were wrong to return fire...feel free to quote that. You confirmed what I said however, which did say so and why.

I said find cover, retreat, exit residence. And dont be obtuse...you seem to know zero about gunfights. If there were a step by step plan, no cops would ever get shot :rolleyes:

I didnt say you said they were wrong to return fire...feel free to quote that. You confirmed what I said however, which did say so and why.
So you want them to seek cover, of which there is virtually none of inside your average apartment, or retreat and exit the building which in no ways protects them as most walls do not stop bullets. Seems like a good plan. As long as you don’t mind the cops getting killed I guess
In most instances the fastest safest way for police to deal with a threat who is actively engaging them is to end the threat. Simple reality.
And tell me how quickly were they supposed to retreat or seek cover with one of their fellow officers already shot in the leg. Were they supposed to just leave him there and hope the threat didn’t decide to shot him. Good plan.
Are you sure you have actual training.

So was someone else posting for you when you said
Thank you for confirming that the cops were wrong to return fire.

Your right I have very little training when it comes to firefights. Unless you count being in Army SOF for almost a decade and a half. Been to SOFs premier CQB course as well as the Special Forces sniper course and multiple trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan where I earned my CIB many times over.

Not much other then that.

But hey you were a park ranger. I am pretty sure that’s pretty comparable.

So you want them to seek cover, of which there is virtually none of inside your average apartment, or retreat and exit the building which in no ways protects them as most walls do not stop bullets. Seems like a good plan. As long as you don’t mind the cops getting killed I guess
In most instances the fastest safest way for police to deal with a threat who is actively engaging them is to end the threat. Simple reality.
And tell me how quickly were they supposed to retreat or seek cover with one of their fellow officers already shot in the leg. Were they supposed to just leave him there and hope the threat didn’t decide to shot him. Good plan.
Are you sure you have actual training.

Again, you werent there, if you have a step by step plan for cops, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. You repeating yourself (and still not being accurate doesnt change what I've written. The more details you try to insert, the more you move away from the actual event.

You keep moving the goal posts, now adding more crap, hoping to trip me up. Just be a man and admit you bit off more than you can chew here. You can Monday Morning QB this all you want but I'm going on what's been published.

Your right I have very little training when it comes to firefights. Unless you count being in Army SOF for almost a decade and a half. Been to SOFs premier CQB course as well as the Special Forces sniper course and multiple trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan where I earned my CIB many times over.

Not much other then that.

But hey you were a park ranger. I am pretty sure that’s pretty comparable.
Ah, so you are trying to regain some self-esteem here? I have nothing to prove. I'm explaining what I know and also my opinion on the info available on this event. Your experience may or may not translate well to this event. And I was a park ranger in Central Park in Manhattan. It makes a difference. And that was before my self-defense firearm training.

We'll see. I find it interesting that you are ignoring the statement about the law that was posted. I didnt see where the grand jury addressed it? Maybe it will be coming up in another.

They're not releasing the grand jury transcripts because he public will find out the D.A. didn't push for murder charges against any of the officers. Jurors have been interviewed and leaked that info. Cameron is struggling to keep other jurors quiet.

Again, you werent there, if you have a step by step plan for cops, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. You repeating yourself (and still not being accurate doesnt change what I've written. The more details you try to insert, the more you move away from the actual event.

You keep moving the goal posts, now adding more crap, hoping to trip me up. Just be a man and admit you bit off more than you can chew here. You can Monday Morning QB this all you want but I'm going on what's been published.

Ah, so you are trying to regain some self-esteem here? I have nothing to prove. I'm explaining what I know and also my opinion on the info available on this event. Your experience may or may not translate well to this event. And I was a park ranger in Central Park in Manhattan. It makes a difference. And that was before my self-defense firearm training.
The fact that you are so blinded by your own bs that you can’t see that it’s you that is trying to tell the cops what they should have done and Monday morning QBing. I can’t tell if it’s funny or sad that you don’t realize this. It’s why you can’t quote me saying they should have done things differently while you have done plenty of that But continue on blaming me for what you are actually doing. Just makes you look ridiculous. But I don’t expect you to have the integrity to admit it

I have moved zero goal posts. Only called you on your bs.

And seeing how I have pointed out the extreme flaws with your ideas it’s pretty clear it is you who have bitten off way more then you can chew. Like pretending a bathtub is cover.

You may think you are explaining what you know but what you are really doing is proving just how little you actually do know. But please continue telling people they should take cover behind a fridge rather then return fire at someone shooting at them.
Do you think being a park ranger in Central Park is supposed to be impressive. It’s not when it comes to the level of training that is related to this topic.
In fact based on what you have posted on this thread you should be upset with anyone who provided such god awful training to you. It could have easily gotten you killed.

And you obviously are trying to prove something otherwise you wouldn’t have brought up your park ranger training.

They're not releasing the grand jury transcripts because he public will find out the D.A. didn't push for murder charges against any of the officers. Jurors have been interviewed and leaked that info. Cameron is struggling to keep other jurors quiet.

The DA is about to find himself in big trouble IMO.

The DA is about to find himself in big trouble IMO.
Just an update: Murder charges for any of Taylors murderers was never even introduced to the grand jury according to an anonymous juror. The juror's are allowed to speak publicly now, so it'll be interesting to see if any of them go on the record against that crooked, trumpist D.A.

Did they call you, "Ranger Lursa"?

That's funny. Who had asked him if it did? If this is the first thing he has to say following the judge's decision to deny AG Cameron's motion to keep grand jury records sealed and juror who filed the suit saying publicly that the jury did not agree that certain actions were justified and that nor did it decide the wanton endangerment indictment be only charges in the case. Then you know what? Race likely did have something to with it if he's this quick to get defensive about it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...records-unsealed-breonna-taylor-case-n1244041

A grand juror who heard evidence in the Breonna Taylor probe said Tuesday that the grand jury didn’t agree that her fatal shooting was justified, a disclosure that came after a Kentucky judge ordered records in the proceedings released to show if "publicly elected officials are being honest."

In a statement, “Grand Juror #1,” as the person has been identified by lawyer Kevin Glogower, said that the only charge presented during the proceedings was wanton endangerment....

...While grand juries normally operate under the veil of secrecy, this case was unique because all parties are known to the public and Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron has given extensive statements on the case, according to O'Connell.

"To be clear, this court's ruling on this motion is applicable only to this case," O'Connell wrote.

"There exists additional interest to consider in making this decision: the interest of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to be assured that its publicly elected officials are being honest in their representations."

“As applied in this case, this court finds that the traditional justifications for secrecy in this matter are no longer relevant,” O'Connell wrote in her 11-page order. “This is a rare and extraordinary example of a case where, at the time this motion is made, the historical reasons for preserving grand jury secrecy are null.”

The fact that you are so blinded by your own bs that you can’t see that it’s you that is trying to tell the cops what they should have done and Monday morning QBing. I can’t tell if it’s funny or sad that you don’t realize this. It’s why you can’t quote me saying they should have done things differently while you have done plenty of that But continue on blaming me for what you are actually doing. Just makes you look ridiculous. But I don’t expect you to have the integrity to admit it

I have moved zero goal posts. Only called you on your bs.

And seeing how I have pointed out the extreme flaws with your ideas it’s pretty clear it is you who have bitten off way more then you can chew. Like pretending a bathtub is cover.

You may think you are explaining what you know but what you are really doing is proving just how little you actually do know. But please continue telling people they should take cover behind a fridge rather then return fire at someone shooting at them.
Do you think being a park ranger in Central Park is supposed to be impressive. It’s not when it comes to the level of training that is related to this topic.
In fact based on what you have posted on this thread you should be upset with anyone who provided such god awful training to you. It could have easily gotten you killed.

And you obviously are trying to prove something otherwise you wouldn’t have brought up your park ranger training.
TL;dr

That is a way long attempt to defend your posting...and useless. The exchange is here for all to read. I'm not worried about what people think of my responses. Apparently you are.

Back
Top Bottom