• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

he ya go

508.060 Wanton endangerment in the first degree. (1) A person is guilty of wanton endangerment in the first degree when, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person. (2) Wanton endangerment in the first degree is a Class D felony. Effective: January 1, 1975 History: Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 70, effective January 1, 1975.

Thanks. I saw it, I'm just saying I never saw it used in a case before. I'm sure it has been, just not in any high profile case that I remember,

Except the police were wrong. They did break into her house and did murder her in her bed. It was her house and the suspect didn't live there. There really is no perfuming that pig.

I guarantee the Grand Jury was given all the information that was available and no jury (whether a grand jury or a trial jury) should make a decision based on threats of violent reactions.

Nope this is bullshit a d they know it.

That is why they canceled all LE leaves and put up barricades before the announcement.
If you or I turn the wrong way down a one way street and kill someone in a head o. It's vehicular homicide...

What ever happened to personal responsibility???

In America, if you're a LEO or a Rethuglican president, it's not required of you.

I figured they'd come up with something, just to try to placate the mob. I knew it wouldnt be anything like manslaughter or murder because the police were simply doing their job serving a warrant (one that I think the law should be changed to not allow, but that's a different argument, and it was legal at the time, as much as I and others might dislike it) and the boyfriend shot at them and they returned fire. Sadly this won't placate said terrorist mob - I expect Louisville to be in flames by the evening.
Yes, thought crimes.
But the Prosecutor has to go for it, for if he didn't, the mob would riot...more.
I fully expect Louisville to be a smoldering ash heap by morning.

Neat, so all I have to do to get off with wanton endangerment before breaking into someone's house and murdering them in their sleep is to become a LEO.

It's better than nothing, but this is not an acceptable outcome.
The police were executing a lawful warrant, and were fired on. That takes breaking in and murder off the table. The charged offense is about judgment.

I guarantee the Grand Jury was given all the information that was available and no jury (whether a grand jury or a trial jury) should make a decision based on threats of violent reactions.

You lost me. I didn't say anything about the Grand Jury or threats of violent reactions. I'm not going to do any harm to Louisville and I know what they did was wrong and it has nothing to with me hating cops, which I happen not to do as there are many LEOs in my family and extended family. They also think what happened to her was wrong.

Thanks. I saw it, I'm just saying I never saw it used in a case before. I'm sure it has been, just not in any high profile case that I remember,

I doubt they will get a conviction and then more riots.

Here is an idea, let's get all guns of the streets so these kind of things don't happen!

Then everyone is happy.

I doubt they will get a conviction and then more riots.

Here is an idea, let's get all guns of the streets so these kind of things don't happen!

Then everyone is happy.

Except the gun fluffers. They would melt down at such a suggestion.

Four years after Kaepernick took a knee, you STILL refuse to acknowledge why people are protesting police brutality.

I can understand protesting police brutality, I just wish the actual facts mattered.

The police were executing a lawful warrant,

They broke into the wrong house.

and were fired on.

What the hell did you expect Breonna's BF to do when people break into their home? They did not announce that they were police. BF had no way to know that those were the cops and was reacting just like any law-abiding gun owner would.

Now if you want to get going in a discussion about whether the castle doctrine should be removed from one's domicile, then I am all ears.

That takes breaking in and murder off the table. The charged offense is about judgment.

Irrelevant for the reasons above.

Of course it won’t satisfy cop haters, but if something is overcharged to satisfy mobs, it makes and acquittal even more likely.
Exactly, then more Burning, Looting, Murder.
Minneapolis better lock down and welcome Federal help when the verdict or verdicts are read for Geroge Floyd's death.

Sounds like trump could be charged with over 200 000 counts of that crime...

They broke into the wrong house.

What the hell did you expect Breonna's BF to do when people break into their home? They did not announce that they were police. BF had no way to know that those were the cops and was reacting just like any law-abiding gun owner would.

Now if you want to get going in a discussion about whether the castle doctrine should be removed from one's domicile, then I am all ears.

Irrelevant for the reasons above.
The warrant was still legal, and the police were still fired upon. Breaking in and murder can't be charged.

Nope this is bullshit a d they know it.

That is why they canceled all LE leaves and put up barricades before the announcement.
If you or I turn the wrong way down a one way street and kill someone in a head o. It's vehicular homicide...

What ever happened to personal responsibility???
with those apples and oranges we have a nice fruit salad

in no way was that wrong way driver doing the public's work of apprehending suspected criminals. surely you can recognize that difference to appreciate those are not similar circumstances

The warrant was still legal,

And ILLEGALLY EXECUTED. This is not a difficult concept.

and the police were still fired upon.

Because Kenneth Walker thought they were burglars. Maybe you have a problem with certain kind of people defending themselves in their own home, Jack?

Breaking in and murder can't be charged.

Weren't, not can't.

It is not breaking in when you have an approved warrant. Nor was anyone murdered in their sleep AFAIK.

Anyone truly outraged by this needs to be backing Rand Paul's bill to be rid of no-knock warrants.
THey got a warrent approval from a lazy judge over the phone, aka they were drug cops that were buddy, buddy with the judge and they abused their position. The judge should be fired too.

Too much? Not enough?

Seems accurate based on the evidence Ive seen. Clearly the problem isnt the cops, but the people who elect the govts that are making the cops enforce stupid rules like criminalizing narcotics manufacture, sales, and use. But as always we treat the immediate symptom, never the root cause of bad outcomes.

Dont create stupid laws, dont break stupid laws, and stuff like this wont happen.

It is not breaking in when you have an approved warrant. Nor was anyone murdered in their sleep AFAIK.

Anyone truly outraged by this needs to be backing Rand Paul's bill to be rid of no-knock warrants.

Unless Kentucky has an unconstitutional law for issuing search warrants, shooting a sleeping woman at her apartment or house is always strictly prohibited. There is no reason to do such a horrible thing - ever.

Back
Top Bottom